icyplaya

Re: Chase SUCKS

NEVER did a cash advance in my life, don't even know how to do it. I think i'm about to call and I'll let you know what they say. give me a while will be back
icyplaya

Okay just got off with the rep, luckly her english as quite good. :smileyhappy:  Well the ap is 23.24% she said she could run my credit and try to lower it, i declined. I'd rather wait untill I have little to no debt before getting my credit ran. I still have about 2k in CC debt, and about 16K left to pay on my car. oops getting off track....Well the 47.41% is the apr on the transfer fees and cash adavances as someone stated earlier in the thread. I completely forgot but beginning of this year I did a balance transfer of  $200 to this account. The 47.41 is the TOTAL for the YEAR. *sigh* guess I was a little to worried over nothing. Well this is all cleared up. I do  want to THANK :smileyhappy:  everyone for their very timely responses was real fast love this place. Thanks again everyone
Senior Contributor
creditwherecreditisdue

icyplaya wrote:
Okay just got off with the rep, luckly her english as quite good..

I called Chase three times today and all three times the CSR was an American.

Moderator Emerita
Community Leader
Epic Contributor
haulingthescoreup

Yes, that effective APR will sure make you jump. Once you become a PIF'er, you'll see something like this instead:

FINANCE
APR CHARGES
Effective Annual Percentage Rate (APR): 0.00%
Finance Charge Transaction
Daily Periodic Rate Corresp. Average Daily Due To Fee / Accumulated
Category 30 days in cycle Balance Periodic Rate Service Charge Fin Charge
Purchases V.05271% 19.24% $0.00 $0.00 $0.00 $0.00 $0.00
Cash advances V.06915% 25.24% $0.00 $0.00 $0.00 $0.00 $0.00
Total finance charges $0.00

(The formatting is a mess, but this is from my Chase statement, showing a purchase APR of 19.24% and an effective APR of 0.00%.)

Someone once posted a screenshot of a statement where their effective APR was something crazy like 120%. They were actually asking about something else, but I saw that figure and my heart nearly stopped. That's when I found out about effective APR --whew! :smileyvery-happy:
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
icyplaya

yeah I use to be pifer until i got with my current gf lol now I'm trying to get back to my old ways no fees what so ever.
Senior Contributor
creditwherecreditisdue

The effective APR reflects just how profitable fees are for the issuer.

Financing a scoial life on carried CC balances is a bad plan,

Established Contributor
voidman

I was curious on my chase APR, checked online and it is 10.24%.....  Hope it stays like that for a long long time.
-void
Super Contributor
DI

icyplaya wrote:
yeah I use to be pifer until i got with my current gf lol now I'm trying to get back to my old ways no fees what so ever.

Get your current GF on board with you. Get her to join the forum.  

Senior Contributor
smallfry

creditwherecreditisdue wrote:

icyplaya wrote:

Was their English acceptable? LOL.

Senior Contributor
creditwherecreditisdue

smallfry wrote:

creditwherecreditisdue wrote:

icyplaya wrote:

Was their English acceptable? LOL.

Barely. I hung up on two of them. The first CSR thought I was nuts, the second CSR sounded just like the first one.

BTW - All of them answered my question incorrectly. I got the right answer later on at a branch! (This was not a CC question. It was a bank account question.) Pretty shameful performance.

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+
}