tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Chase SWA rapid rewards card

@Anonymous wrote:

@BronzeTrader wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:
Hello,

I want to apply for the Southwest Airlines cc but am not sure if I'll get approved. TTU and EQ are 734 and 747 respectively. EXP is 770. Never missed a payment however I have only had an open credit line for about 13 months now. I want to apply but am afraid they will deny me due to such a short history. I am also a Chase customer for years now. What do you guys think? Will I get approved? Would applying in branch increase my chances?

Chase does not like folks with thin files..... I won't bother with them.

Not entirely true for a lot of their cards.  We often see people with thin or new credit files get approved for Chase cards like the Freedoms and some of their cobranded cards like the SW cards.

Just to add on to this, I have a relative who had no prior credit history at all (no loans, no cards, etc) who only had a checking account with them. Got approved for a Freedom Unlimited for $800. Although, unfortunately, I don't know how much longer that relationship will last considering his thoughts towards payment....

Message 11 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.