Epic Contributor

Chase Saphire, Freedom, etc... still get? I forget!

So I can't keep up sometimes but Chase is doing away with the 10 something right?

Is it still a good deal to get a CSP and a Freedom with no checking? or what am I missing all around? (everything! LOL)

Anyway, if looking to be with 1 or 2 credit cards of any sort of visa,mc, discover, etc. what is the best deal (750+ Fico)

is it going to come down to Navy Signature Cash 1 to 1 until $10k of yearly charging then 1.5 to $1?

might be kind of similar to a past question but thought I was getting all chase deal and now just want to clairfy if that's still the deal to do if you were going to do it?! :smileyhappy:

Fico Scores: EQ- 662., TU 684 Barclay, EX 700 (3/21/15)

You will have to put up Electric Fence to keep me in the garden!
Highest Limit: Navy Federal Cash Sigi Visa $50k (AU)
Lowest Limit: Target $200
72 Cards and Counting :smileytongue:
Established Contributor

Re: Chase Saphire, Freedom, etc... still get? I forget!

they still have 10/10 but not sure exactly how they changed it, some people think it's still 10 points per transaction + 10% bonus, some say it's 10% bonus and another 10% annual bonus.

Freedom gets 5% upto $1500 quarterly so it's still good for $300 in bonus categories a year, and transfered to CSP you'll get $375 worth of travel (25% bonus)

So yea it's still a good deal no matter how you look at it.

total credit limits $108,400 Credit scores Ex 728 EQ 738 TU 758
Epic Contributor

Re: Chase Saphire, Freedom, EDIT: USBank Cash+... better?

Cash $100 at a time USBank and get $25 Cash bonus... picking our own 5% and 2% looks like $50-$70/month average in Cash back, wouldn't that convert to more Cash then the 2 Chase Cards and having to get the Checking account or am I missing redemption percentages or something?

Fico Scores: EQ- 662., TU 684 Barclay, EX 700 (3/21/15)

You will have to put up Electric Fence to keep me in the garden!
Highest Limit: Navy Federal Cash Sigi Visa $50k (AU)
Lowest Limit: Target $200
72 Cards and Counting :smileytongue:
Senior Contributor

CSP plus Freedom is worth it for being able to transfer to United, Hyatt, etc. even without the 10% bonuses.  I concentrate more on points than cashback, so I can't comment on the comparisons to other cashback products.

Starting Score: ~500 (12/01/2008)
Current Score: EQ 681 (04/05/13); TU 98 728 (01/06/12), TU 08? 760 (provided by Barclay 1/2/14), TU 04 728 (lender pull 01/12/12); EX 742 (lender pull 01/12/12)
Goal Score: 720

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Established Contributor

Walt_K wrote:

CSP plus Freedom is worth it for being able to transfer to United, Hyatt, etc. even without the 10% bonuses.  I concentrate more on points than cashback, so I can't comment on the comparisons to other cashback products.

+1  The real value of the Freedom/Sapphire Preferred combo comes from being able to transfer the bonus points earned on the Freedom to partner programs instead of simply getting cash back.  Since the US Bank Cash+ card simply earns cash back, the Freedom/CSP combo is much better if you are interested in that option.  If you simply want cashback, then getting Freedom and the Cash+ would be a better option.

FICOs (2/24/12): EX 752, EQ 740
Chase Sapphire Preferred, Freedom; American Express PR Gold, Blue Cash Everyday
Advertiser Disclosure: The listings that appear on myFICO are from companies from which myFICO receives compensation, which may impact how and where products appear on myFICO (including, for example, the order in which they appear). myFICO does not review or include all companies or all available products.

Copyright ©2001-2015 Fair Isaac Corporation. All rights reserved.   | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Sitemap

IMPORTANT INFORMATION: All FICO® Score products made available on myFICO.com include a FICO® Score 8, along with additional FICO® Score versions. Your lender or insurer may use a different FICO® Score than the versions you receive from myFICO, or another type of credit score altogether. Learn more

FICO, myFICO, Score Watch, The score lenders use, and The Score That Matters are trademarks or registered trademarks of Fair Isaac Corporation. Equifax Credit Report is a trademark of Equifax, Inc. and its affiliated companies. Many factors affect your FICO Score and the interest rates you may receive. Fair Isaac is not a credit repair organization as defined under federal or state law, including the Credit Repair Organizations Act. Fair Isaac does not provide "credit repair" services or advice or assistance regarding "rebuilding" or "improving" your credit record, credit history or credit rating. FTC's website on credit.