Epic Contributor
Creditaddict

Chase Saphire, Freedom, etc... still get? I forget!

So I can't keep up sometimes but Chase is doing away with the 10 something right?

Is it still a good deal to get a CSP and a Freedom with no checking? or what am I missing all around? (everything! LOL)

Anyway, if looking to be with 1 or 2 credit cards of any sort of visa,mc, discover, etc. what is the best deal (750+ Fico)

is it going to come down to Navy Signature Cash 1 to 1 until $10k of yearly charging then 1.5 to $1?

might be kind of similar to a past question but thought I was getting all chase deal and now just want to clairfy if that's still the deal to do if you were going to do it?! :smileyhappy:

Fico Scores: EQ- HATE U, TU 671 GE, EX 669 Chase(09-15-14)
You will have to put up Electric Fence to keep me in the garden!
Highest Limit: Navy Federal Cash Sigi Visa $50k (AU)
Lowest Limit: Walmart $400
Over 45 Cards in between :smileytongue:
Established Contributor
distantarray

Re: Chase Saphire, Freedom, etc... still get? I forget!

they still have 10/10 but not sure exactly how they changed it, some people think it's still 10 points per transaction + 10% bonus, some say it's 10% bonus and another 10% annual bonus.

Freedom gets 5% upto $1500 quarterly so it's still good for $300 in bonus categories a year, and transfered to CSP you'll get $375 worth of travel (25% bonus)

So yea it's still a good deal no matter how you look at it.

total credit limits $108,400 Credit scores Ex 728 EQ 738 TU 758
Epic Contributor
Creditaddict

Re: Chase Saphire, Freedom, EDIT: USBank Cash+... better?

Cash $100 at a time USBank and get $25 Cash bonus... picking our own 5% and 2% looks like $50-$70/month average in Cash back, wouldn't that convert to more Cash then the 2 Chase Cards and having to get the Checking account or am I missing redemption percentages or something?

Fico Scores: EQ- HATE U, TU 671 GE, EX 669 Chase(09-15-14)
You will have to put up Electric Fence to keep me in the garden!
Highest Limit: Navy Federal Cash Sigi Visa $50k (AU)
Lowest Limit: Walmart $400
Over 45 Cards in between :smileytongue:
Senior Contributor
Walt_K

CSP plus Freedom is worth it for being able to transfer to United, Hyatt, etc. even without the 10% bonuses.  I concentrate more on points than cashback, so I can't comment on the comparisons to other cashback products.

Starting Score: ~500 (12/01/2008)
Current Score: EQ 681 (04/05/13); TU 98 728 (01/06/12), TU 08? 760 (provided by Barclay 1/2/14), TU 04 728 (lender pull 01/12/12); EX 742 (lender pull 01/12/12)
Goal Score: 720

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Established Contributor
Koop10010

Walt_K wrote:

CSP plus Freedom is worth it for being able to transfer to United, Hyatt, etc. even without the 10% bonuses.  I concentrate more on points than cashback, so I can't comment on the comparisons to other cashback products.

+1  The real value of the Freedom/Sapphire Preferred combo comes from being able to transfer the bonus points earned on the Freedom to partner programs instead of simply getting cash back.  Since the US Bank Cash+ card simply earns cash back, the Freedom/CSP combo is much better if you are interested in that option.  If you simply want cashback, then getting Freedom and the Cash+ would be a better option.

FICOs (2/24/12): EX 752, EQ 740
Chase Sapphire Preferred, Freedom; American Express PR Gold, Blue Cash Everyday

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+