Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase Sapphire AF now $150

tag
ztnjpv
Established Contributor

Re: Chase Sapphire AF now $150

Frankly, the ability to transfer to travel programs is most of the card's value. 2x pts on dining/travel and 1 pt everywhere else isn't that great at all. at a 1- $.01 value as it is for cash or gift cards, the card doesn't warrant anything. BUT, those partner tranfers allow for much greater value per point. THAT's why travelers swear by this card. 

But me? Like I said, I'm in it for the fat bonus. Not much traveling these days with 3 little ones. Just show me the money.

Start (Sept 2011): low-mid 600s. NOW: TU FICO: 801, EQ FICO 808, EX FICO 798 (PSECU). Goal: Achieved! Now Maintain!
Message 81 of 148
CreditMENA
New Contributor

I've had my CSP for 3 years now, and do not plan to cancel it if the AF moves up to $150. Combined with my Freedom, I'm earning 5x or 2x on restaraunts, 5x on gas for half of the year, 2x on all travel, and 5x on amazon during the holiday season. As a person who travels heavily for work and for pleasure, being able to transfer these to my Southwest, United, and Marriott accounts is IMMENSELY valuable. I honestly haven't paid for a flight this calendar year (partly because of the CSP/Freedom combo, partly because I only book the SuperSaver rates on United or Wanna Get Away rates on Southwest). Hell, only thing missing from this card is loungue access.

IMHO, this card is idealized beacuse it is 1) metal 2) looks cool and 3) heavily marketed. I believe most people burn and churn for the sign-up bonus but for those of us that use the card to its strength...$150 is a STEAL.

Message 82 of 148
C24Webb
Regular Contributor

@CreditMENA wrote:

I've had my CSP for 3 years now, and do not plan to cancel it if the AF moves up to $150. Combined with my freedom, I'm earning 5x or 2x restaraunts, 5x or 2x gas, 2x travel and 5 amazon during the holiday season. As a person who travels heavily for work and for pleasure, being able to transfer these to my Southwest, United, and Marriott accounts is IMMENSELY valuable. I honestly haven't paid for a flight this calendar year (partly because of the CSP/Freedom combo, partly because I only book the SuperSaver rates on United or Wanna Get Away rates on Southwest). Hell, only thing missing from this card is loungue access.

IMHO, this card is idealized beacuse it is 1) metal 2) looks cool and 3) heavily marketed. I believe most people burn and churn for the sign-up bonus for those of us that use the card to its strength...$150 is a STEAL.

About your bonus points for gas: I understand you get 5x from the Freedom, but how do you get 2x from the CSP?  

Card/Limit/Opened — Discover it: $27,600 2/14 | Chase Sapphire Preferred: $10,500 7/14 | Banana Republic Visa: $10,000 7/14 | USAA Cash Rewards Visa Signature: $9,000 6/11 | Chase Freedom: $2,000 3/12
History — AAoA: 42 months | Oldest account: 119 months (including AU) | Inquiries: 1 EX 0 EQ 0 TU | Score: 765 (Discover TU) 750 (USAA CreditCheck Monitoring EX FAKO)
Message 83 of 148
jon22guitar
Regular Contributor

@CreditMENA wrote:

I've had my CSP for 3 years now, and do not plan to cancel it if the AF moves up to $150. Combined with my freedom, I'm earning 5x or 2x restaraunts, 5x or 2x gas, 2x travel and 5 amazon during the holiday season. As a person who travels heavily for work and for pleasure, being able to transfer these to my Southwest, United, and Marriott accounts is IMMENSELY valuable. I honestly haven't paid for a flight this calendar year (partly because of the CSP/Freedom combo, partly because I only book the SuperSaver rates on United or Wanna Get Away rates on Southwest). Hell, only thing missing from this card is loungue access.

IMHO, this card is idealized beacuse it is 1) metal 2) looks cool and 3) heavily marketed. I believe most people burn and churn for the sign-up bonus for those of us that use the card to its strength...$150 is a STEAL.

Couldn't have said it better myself. Smiley Wink

CSP 10,000, Citi Forward 3400, Barclay Arrival+ 2750, BOA Travel Rewards 2700, Discover IT 1500, Chase Freedom 1000, Crap One 500
Message 84 of 148
mongstradamus
Super Contributor

@C24Webb wrote:

@CreditMENA wrote:

About your bonus points for gas: I understand you get 5x from the Freedom, but how do you get 2x from the CSP?  

If you are talking about gas , you can get 2x from ink plus i believe, if you are including ink plus may as well throw in 5x for cable, mobile phone, and internet bills.

EX Fico 804 11/16/16 Fako 800 Credit.com 11/16/16
EQ SW bank enhanced 11/16/16 839 CK fako 822 11/16/16
TU Fico discover 10/19/16 814 Fako 819 Creditkarma 11/16/16
Message 85 of 148
C24Webb
Regular Contributor

@mongstradamus wrote:

@C24Webb wrote:

@CreditMENA wrote:

If you are talking about gas , you can get 2x from ink plus i believe, if you are including ink plus may as well throw in 5x for cable, mobile phone, and internet bills.

The person I was replying to only has the Freedom and CSP, as indicated in their signature... 

Card/Limit/Opened — Discover it: $27,600 2/14 | Chase Sapphire Preferred: $10,500 7/14 | Banana Republic Visa: $10,000 7/14 | USAA Cash Rewards Visa Signature: $9,000 6/11 | Chase Freedom: $2,000 3/12
History — AAoA: 42 months | Oldest account: 119 months (including AU) | Inquiries: 1 EX 0 EQ 0 TU | Score: 765 (Discover TU) 750 (USAA CreditCheck Monitoring EX FAKO)
Message 86 of 148
CreditMENA
New Contributor

My bad. Meant for that to say 5x on gas for half of the year.

Message 87 of 148
C24Webb
Regular Contributor

@CreditMENA wrote:

Haha, okay.  I thought I'd been missing out on something, possibly a new feature of the CSP -.-

Message 88 of 148
Anonymous
Not applicable

@C24Webb wrote:

@CreditMENA wrote:

Haha, okay.  I thought I'd been missing out on something, possibly a new feature of the CSP -.-

No such luck.

Right now CSP is my Go to card for EVERYTHING (Trying to meet $3,000 spend in 3mos. It'll be done in less than two for sure.), Since my SWA is at about 60% until the payment is due.

Message 89 of 148
Ghoshida
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@C24Webb wrote:

@CreditMENA wrote:

No such luck.

Right now CSP is my Go to card for EVERYTHING (Trying to meet $3,000 spend in 3mos. It'll be done in less than two for sure.), Since my SWA is at about 60% until the payment is due.

I'll get that 3k done <1 month. Got my SO added as AU - it serves as personal travel card in addition to corp AMEX green. For me, it's as of now a full 2X card because I've been mostly spending on food, bus tickets, parking fee, car rentals. Some big flight ticket purchases coming up as well, so I guess I'll be seeing 51k points pretty quick Smiley Very Happy

Message 90 of 148
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.