Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase Sapphire Approval Odds

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Chase Sapphire Approval Odds

I was wondering if I have good chances of being approved for a CSP. I am 23 and have a Bank of America Credit card with a $13,000 limit and a Neiman Marcus/Capital One Card with a $2300 limit and a 14 year credit history. My concern is I am only an authorized user for both.

This would be my first independent credit card. I have a 729 on Experian, 794 on both TU and EQ. In theory I have good credit but I am worried that because I was only an authorized user, I won't be able to get a CSP or any card on the level my credit history would suggest. I travel a lot for work and would love the rewards CSP has to offer. Any guidance/information would help! Thanks!

Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Chase Sapphire Approval Odds

I'm not a hundred percent sure of this but I hear chase can care less of authorized users. Honestly I would recommend you to do a pre screening qualified site for chase. If it shows good odds then by all means go for it. Freedom is a great card. Freedom is a bit easier to qualify for as well. The point is to first get tour foot in the door. With no independent history I would recommend capital one. Venture one for high CL and if not Qs1. I didn't see you mention your reasons for the CSP? If your traveling alot/dinning them that's a great card, but don't forget the AF's
Message 2 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

What is your income?  You shouldn't be denied based on your scores, even with a shorter credit history.

Message 3 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes, definitely do the pre-quals & see what they say. Smiley Wink

Message 4 of 13
DrZoidberg
Established Contributor

It's a coin flip. You have a good score and history but you have no cards you own and Chase really likes to see ownership. They also like to see you have other CL's that are in line with the CL that comes with a CSP. If it's worth a HP go for it, you could possibly recon for it.

Side note: How do you have a 14 year history? Were you an AU at the age of 9?

Message 5 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Go for the venture instead . Your probably pre qualified . I'm pretty sure chase don't count AU accounts .
Message 6 of 13
ksantangelo23
Frequent Contributor

I can confirm that Chase will not consider AU accounts with their scoring system. CapOne also is a big stingy on considering AUs. AMEX is the only lender Im aware of that will weigh them as heavily as induvidual accounts.

AMEX Hilton Ascend: $55,000 | Chase Sapphire Reserve: $30,000 | PNC Points: $17,500 | AMEX BCE (AU): $18,000 | AMEX BCP: $15,000 | US Bank Cash+ $15,000 | AMEX Business Prime: $14,000 | AMEX SimplyCash: $12,000 | Capital One QS: $13,500 | Chase Business Ink: $12,000 | PNC Everyday (AU): $12,000 | JCPenny Store Card: $10,500 | Chase Slate: $9,400 | Capital One QS: $6,500 | (2nd) US Bank Cash+ (2nd): $7,500 | Discover IT: $6,000 | Chase Freedom: $3,500 | Auto Lease: $0/$21,000 | Auto Loan: $0/$18,000 |

TU: 818 EX: 809 EQ: 801

Message 7 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for the help! I did a PQ on their website and I'm eligible for Freedom, SP and Slate. Yes, I have been an authorized user for a very long time. (My parents are awesome and set me up to have excellent credit from a very early age) I was given the card as a freshmen in high school. 

Message 8 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

38k salary from my job with an additional 30k annually from other investments

Message 9 of 13
Callandra
Valued Contributor

You can try for the CSP but like others have said, Chase doesn't put a lot of weight onto AUs. If you don't mind an HP, go for it. Otherwise, I recommend getting 2 cards of your own and using those for a year and then applying for CSP.

Quicksilver $10,000 | Better Balance Rewards $2000 | Sallie Mae $3500 | Freedom $3500

Last HP: 9/27/2015
Message 10 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.