Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase Sapphire Approval Time

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Chase Sapphire Approval Time

I applied for a Chase sapphire card about a month ago and have not gotten a decision for my application.  I've called the automated line over the past couple of weeks and my app is still "under review".  How long does it usually take to get an answer from Chase?  They pulled from my EQ and my score was about 730+, no negs, judgements or bankruptcies. 

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
keith021
Regular Contributor

Re: Chase Sapphire Approval Time

@Anonymous wrote:

I applied for a Chase sapphire card about a month ago and have not gotten a decision for my application.  I've called the automated line over the past couple of weeks and my app is still "under review".  How long does it usually take to get an answer from Chase?  They pulled from my EQ and my score was about 730+, no negs, judgements or bankruptcies. 

In my experience, Chase can and sometimes will take up to 30 days or more to process and approve an application. When I applied back in December of 2009 for Chase +1SM Student MasterCard®, my application took a little longer than 30 days and was finally approved towards the end of January 2010. During this time; additional information was requested from me due to FA on credit files. I kept calling in to check my status every week until it was approved. Give it some time and keep checking on the status. Smiley Wink

Starting Score: 665
Current Score: 715
Goal Score: 750

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Message 2 of 6
mjp187
Established Member

Tidalwave: Did you apply online? If so did you have to set-up any online account info?Sometimes

You can try logging in and see some indication if approved.

Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

I didn't create an online account, but I did call the app recon line and was told my application had just been sitting or something.  The rep I spoke to "re-activated" my app for review on Monday.  It sounds like it was never reviewed or anything. 

Message 4 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

I didn't create an online account, but I did call the app recon line and was told my application had just been sitting or something.  The rep I spoke to "re-activated" my app for review on Monday.  It sounds like it was never reviewed or anything. 

I hope they didn't ding you another inquiry.  Did the rep mention anything about that?

Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Well the word today was my app had been sitting because my EQ report that they pulled from didn't have enough information regarding use of my current CC accounts and that they would need a more recent report.  That means another hard pull on my EQ or Trans and the worst part is they haven't made a decision on the current app.  Kinda disappointing to say at the least.  The rep says I would have to re-apply, but whats the point if they don't approve or deny your applications. 

They weren't sure on how I use my current credit, because there isn't a lot of usage on my oldest account with Citi that got the 30% rate jack.  Of course, I won't use it except to buy a stick of gum.  Is Chase Sapphire worth another inquiry or should I just back off for a year?

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.