Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase Sapphire Approved after reconsideration

tag
TheCreditKid
Established Contributor

Re: Chase Sapphire Approved after reconsideration

@simonlarano wrote:

Congrats! I was denied on my recon for a Chase Slate just now, was told I have too many cards carrying balances, after my initial denial letter stating I had too many new recent accounts and too many accounts with balances. Will try back again in 6 months. 

I don't have much experience with chase on how their approval process, so waiting 6 months would probably be your best bet. Otherwise, I would call again and give it another shot.

Good Luck mate

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________

All human wisdom is summed up in two words - wait and hope.

-Alexander Dumas
Message 11 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on your successful Recon!

Message 12 of 14
TheCreditKid
Established Contributor

Thanks mate
______________________________________________________________________________________________________________

All human wisdom is summed up in two words - wait and hope.

-Alexander Dumas
Message 13 of 14
ReVeLaTeD
Regular Contributor

@simonlarano wrote:

Congrats! I was denied on my recon for a Chase Slate just now, was told I have too many cards carrying balances, after my initial denial letter stating I had too many new recent accounts and too many accounts with balances. Will try back again in 6 months. 

Are you able to (A) pay the balances down so they're less than 30% of the credit limits or (B) pay OFF at least half of them quickly?

Because if you are able to do either, and show proof of those payments as an offer during a second recon, Chase might accept that.  Or they might want to at least have the credit report updated, which may not take more than 30 days, still within the recon period.

Oh, and get a young female.

Credit Cards:
| Cabrillo Credit Union MasterCard @ $3,000 | Chevron Visa @ $2,000 | Amazon Store Card @ $1,800 | HSBC 2% Rewards MasterCard @ $950 (redeemed themselves)
Message 14 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.