cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase Sapphire Card Visa Signature now with EMV???

tag
Ron1
Super Contributor

Chase Sapphire Card Visa Signature now with EMV???

Chase changed my Chase Sapphre WMC into Visa Signature card  two months without any notice. I got my card yesterday. I noticed the Chase Sapphire Visa Signature came with EMV Chip. I thought only Chase Sapphire Preferred came with EMV Chip. There is piece of paper show how to insert the card into the card reader. I asked them to request the EMV for my Chase Sapphire WMC last year. They told me I need to upgrade my card to Chase Sapphire Preferred to get the EMV. I don't need it now. Smiley Happy

Ron.

Message 1 of 15
14 REPLIES 14
coldnmn
Mega Contributor

Re: Chase Sapphire Card Visa Signature now with EMV???

Congrats! Thanks for sharing.

Discover IT $17k / US Bank Ace (VSig) $13.5K / US Bank Cash+ (VSig) $13.5k
Sam's Mastercard $15k / Walmart Mastercard $10k / Blispay $7.5k PayPal Ex MC $10.8k
CareCredit 5k / Husq $5k / Cap1 QS $4.5k / Barclay Ring $5.35k / Citi DC (WMC) $12k
Gardening Date 7/01/16 / MyFico 08: EQ 801 / TU 777 / EX 771 / 06/08/17
Message 2 of 15
jamesdwi
Valued Contributor

@Ron1 wrote:

Chase changed my Chase Sapphre WMC into Visa Signature card  two months without any notice. I got my card yesterday. I noticed the Chase Sapphire Visa Signature came with EMV Chip. I thought only Chase Sapphire Preferred came with EMV Chip. There is piece of paper show how to insert the card into the card reader. I asked them to request the EMV for my Chase Sapphire WMC last year. They told me I need to upgrade my card to Chase Sapphire Preferred to get the EMV. I don't need it now. Smiley Happy

Ron.

I feel cheated, I didn't get a piece of paper documenting how to insert my CSP into the reader, they should refund my AF....  

Cards: Chase Southwest 20k & CSR 17k & CSP 10k & FNBO 30k Oregon Duck 5k, & AMEX BCP 32.5k & Amex Magnet 15k&amg; Hilton Surpass 7.5k & Delta Gold 12k & Zync NPSL, Fidelity AMEX 17k Commerce5.9k & Cash Forward 7.5k & Sams Club MC 20k, Paypal Extras MC 10k, Paypal Credit 7.25k CapOne Venture 15k, QS 2.5k, QS 750, Amazon 10k, Walmart 10k, Citi Simplicity 18k, Discover IT 23k and a nice stack of store cards.
Landmarkcu Personal Loan 10k
Message 3 of 15
Simply827
Established Contributor

Chase has already started sending new cards with EMV.  My boss got a new Slate with a chip.

Starting Score: 515
Current Score: EQ08 711 EX08 731 TU08 735
Goal Score: 740+

Amex BCP $25k | Discover IT $15.7k | Cap 1 QS $10k | PSECU $10k | Citi DC $9300 | Citi DP $6800 | Barclay Ring $6500 | PayPal Extras MC $5045 | DCU $5000 | Chase Slate $5000 | Barclays AA $4100 | Chase Freedom $4000 | Union Plus $1000 | Target $500
Message 4 of 15
Ron1
Super Contributor

@jamesdwi wrote:

@Ron1 wrote:

Ron.

I feel cheated, I didn't get a piece of paper documenting how to insert my CSP into the reader, they should refund my AF....  

Sorry to hear. Smiley Sad I didn't expect they sent me the EMV Chip. You got no foriegn transaction fee on your card.

Ron.

Message 5 of 15
Ron1
Super Contributor

@Simply827 wrote:

Chase has already started sending new cards with EMV.  My boss got a new Slate with a chip.

I haven't gotten any Chase Freedom Signature with EMV. Smiley Sad

Ron.

Message 6 of 15
Simply827
Established Contributor

I think they're rolling out a few products at a time with EMV. I haven't gotten a new Freedom yet.

Starting Score: 515
Current Score: EQ08 711 EX08 731 TU08 735
Goal Score: 740+

Amex BCP $25k | Discover IT $15.7k | Cap 1 QS $10k | PSECU $10k | Citi DC $9300 | Citi DP $6800 | Barclay Ring $6500 | PayPal Extras MC $5045 | DCU $5000 | Chase Slate $5000 | Barclays AA $4100 | Chase Freedom $4000 | Union Plus $1000 | Target $500
Message 7 of 15
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

Fairly soon (in a year at least) all the cards will come with EMV, and it will stop being so exciting (like posting now "My Visa card has a hologram!!!")

Message 8 of 15
Ron1
Super Contributor

@longtimelurker wrote:

Fairly soon (in a year at least) all the cards will come with EMV, and it will stop being so exciting (like posting now "My Visa card has a hologram!!!")

+1 Smiley Happy

Ron.

Message 9 of 15
CreditMagic7
Mega Contributor

Thanks Ron. Smiley Very Happy

Message 10 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.