Did you mean: 

Chase Sapphire Elite...

tag
DrZoidberg
Established Contributor

Re: Chase Sapphire Elite...

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

If the sign up bonus is really 100k then I'll get it. 

But reading that they change the card material to reduce cost makes me wonder how good all the benefits are. Probably still can't beat AMEX and citi

Really?  I hardly think what the card is made of is any indicator of the benefits it might provide.  This isn't just directed at you but this forum obsession with metal cards is ridiculous at times.  They aren't anything special.  In case you're not aware, neither the Prestige or Platinum cards are metal either.

I remember a few months ago the frenzy of people calling Cap 1 EO or submitting requests for new Venture cards until they got the metal one. Hell,there was a post recently about a guy inquiring about metal cards to help his wife's career of impressing clients lol.

Message 91 of 384
kdm31091
Super Contributor

@DrZoidberg wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

But reading that they change the card material to reduce cost makes me wonder how good all the benefits are. Probably still can't beat AMEX and citi

Really?  I hardly think what the card is made of is any indicator of the benefits it might provide.  This isn't just directed at you but this forum obsession with metal cards is ridiculous at times.  They aren't anything special.  In case you're not aware, neither the Prestige or Platinum cards are metal either.

I remember a few months ago the frenzy of people calling Cap 1 EO or submitting requests for new Venture cards until they got the metal one. Hell,there was a post recently about a guy inquiring about metal cards to help his wife's career of impressing clients lol.

And people wonder why the EO avenue got (somewhat) closed down.

Message 92 of 384
redpat
Senior Contributor

@DrZoidberg wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Oh the vanity of it all......

I love when a new card may comes to market and the forums blow-up with expectations then apps.  But because this is a Chase card, apps will be limited and the forums will bemoan the heartache of the 5/24 rule.  Can't wait!

Personal Cards: Amex Plat | Amex Delta Res | CSR | Citi AA Exec Business Cards: Ink+ | Amex BGR
Message 93 of 384
noobody
Established Contributor

Look at my signature, one card every 6 month, apply on Feb and Aug for the past 2 years.
This CSE is right on schedule, was hesitate on applying for Prestige, not after major devaluation from Citi.
EX819 1HP|TU797 1HP| EQ(Fico8 BankCard)841
Message 94 of 384
Anonymous
Not applicable

@DrZoidberg wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

To be fair, there is a very legitimate place for 'vanity' in regards to impressing clients. Impressions unfortunately do matter in this world (more for some people and walks of life than others, of course) so some people will go to very great lengths to impress their success, wealth, etc when necessary to be successful. 

Realtors should drive expensive cars, wear expensive clothing, and smell like money if they expect to be successful selling multi-million dollar homes to the wealthy, for example. 

I have found in my own workplace that simply switching from (new and nice) jeans and superhero t-shirts to khaki slacks and a button-up has drastically changed the way people treat me, and even opened doors for unexpected promotions. As lame as it is, vanity does indeed matter.

Message 95 of 384
redpat
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@DrZoidberg wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

To be fair, there is a very legitimate place for 'vanity' in regards to impressing clients. Impressions unfortunately do matter in this world (more for some people and walks of life than others, of course) so some people will go to very great lengths to impress their success, wealth, etc when necessary to be successful. 

Realtors should drive expensive cars, wear expensive clothing, and smell like money if they expect to be successful selling multi-million dollar homes to the wealthy, for example. 

I have found in my own workplace that simply switching from (new and nice) jeans and superhero t-shirts to khaki slacks and a button-up has drastically changed the way people treat me, and even opened doors for unexpected promotions. As lame as it is, vanity does indeed matter.

Huh?  A metal credit card would matter?  Very highly unlikely, most are plastic!  Warren Buffett uses Amex Green, BTW. 

Personal Cards: Amex Plat | Amex Delta Res | CSR | Citi AA Exec Business Cards: Ink+ | Amex BGR
Message 96 of 384
Anonymous
Not applicable

@redpat wrote:

Huh?  A metal credit card would matter?  Very highly unlikely, most are plastic!  Warren Buffett uses Amex Green, BTW. 

You may  not personally think it matters, but do a quick search on here about all the "compliments" people get on their metal cards. 

I can't tell you how many cashiers / waiters / etc have complimented my CSP. You may not care, but some people definitely do.

Message 97 of 384
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@redpat wrote:

You may  not personally think it matters, but do a quick search on here about all the "compliments" people get on their metal cards. 

I can't tell you how many cashiers / waiters / etc have complimented my CSP. You may not care, but some people definitely do.

You are absolutely right, some do care, and sadly care quite a bit.  You'd be very hard pressed to find a very wealthy person who gives a damn if their credit cards are metal or a variation of.  One of the primary reasons I closed my Ritz card was because I got tired of the "this card is soooooooo heavy...". 

Message 98 of 384
redpat
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@redpat wrote:

Good to know, I traded my CSP for FU, I'd rather have the 1.5 UR points than a metal card.  Cashiers and waiters aren't clients so I don't need to impress them.  Also, my clients don't hold my card before I give it to the waite staff or bartenders, lol!

Message 99 of 384
DrZoidberg
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@DrZoidberg wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Lol. These are not in the same category. If you think vanity is dressing nice, then you have the wrong idea. Dressing nice in an office setting to impress is nowhere near as using a metal card instead of plastic to pay. Terrible comparison for vanity. 

Message 100 of 384
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.