cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase Sapphire: Good or bad idea to apply?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Chase Sapphire: Good or bad idea to apply?

Thanks for the input, all.  I will probably apply today (once I PIF my Discover).

Message 11 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hey guys - 

Just wanted to update you.  I decided to play it safe and applied for the Freedom.  I was instantly approved for a $5000 limit.  I think in a year or so I'll go for the Sapphire.

Thanks again!

Message 12 of 21
ryanbush
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Hey guys - 

Just wanted to update you.  I decided to play it safe and applied for the Freedom.  I was instantly approved for a $5000 limit.  I think in a year or so I'll go for the Sapphire.

Thanks again!

Nice this means you would have been approved for the CSP,

In a previous post you stated you were going to wait until today because you were going to pay your Discover off, you understand it can take up to 30 days for that payment to reflect on your credit report correct?

Chase Sapphire Perferred | Chase Freedom | AMEX Platinum | AMEX Delta Platinum | AMEX SPG | Capital One Venture | Capital One Quicksliver | Discover IT | ABFCU Visa | Citi AA WEMC
Message 13 of 21
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Message 14 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes, I thought about it and realized that.  I only have $500 on my discover on my current report, which is ~8% utilization, so I decided to go for it.  

Message 15 of 21
ryanbush
Valued Contributor

Congrats again, I really want to add the freedom to my wallet

Chase Sapphire Perferred | Chase Freedom | AMEX Platinum | AMEX Delta Platinum | AMEX SPG | Capital One Venture | Capital One Quicksliver | Discover IT | ABFCU Visa | Citi AA WEMC
Message 16 of 21
youngandcreditwrthy
Senior Contributor

Congrats!!!
Marriott PR$25k | BCE $24.5K |BankAmericard Visa $25k| BOA Better Bal $17.5k |Wmt Discover $12.5k | BR Visa $17.5k | Amex Delta Gold $10k | Discover IT $10k | Paypal Extras MC $15k | Amazon Store $10k|Smile Gen $7.25k | Dillard's $10k | West Elm $4k| Express $3.05K | Mypoints.com Visa $4.5k | Freedom Visa $1k| Amex Surpass $1k
Message 17 of 21
honky
Regular Contributor

@youngandcreditwrthy wrote:
@honky. Did you have to recon?

Instant approval.  Tried recon for a higher CL and was denied(asked for 16k)

Starting Score: 580 2/03/12
Current Score: 810 EQ // 829 TU(Walmart)
Goal Score: Achieved!

Wallet: Citi Forward(13.5k), Ink plus(18k), CSP(13.5k), Freedom(6k), BoA123(13k), Alliant CU(5k), Walmart(2k), Kohls(1.4k), QuickSIlver(7.5k) Amex Simplycash Business(46.5k)
Message 18 of 21
a3quit4s
Regular Contributor

Grats on the freedom

EQ 733 3/3/13 GOAL: 800 Merrill Lynch Merrill+ $12,500 | AMEX BCE 6K | AMEX PRG NPSL | CSP 6K | Freedom 5K | Discover IT 5K | HVFCU 10K | American Eagle Visa 5K | Citi Thank You Preferred 6,100

In the garden since 4/22/13 | Hating on Capital One since '09
Message 19 of 21
WarJar101
Frequent Contributor

Should've went for the CSP bro, matter of fact you could probably still go for it now and both INQs age together. I know for sure you would've been approved. Get a CLI on the CapOne, by contacting then EO as bonus for yourself. Congrats nonetheless.

Rebuilding...been out of the game for a minute. Now, after suffering I'm back with greater wisdom. Scores: Currently @ around 6 teens to 20's, across all three EQ,TU, EX
Message 20 of 21
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.