Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase Sapphire: Has anyone converted?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Chase Sapphire: Has anyone converted?

Has anyone taken advantage of Chase's offer to upgrade their existing card to the new Sapphire?   

I noticed they've made it easy by placing an "upgrade now" button on the Sapphire's app page.   It's a no preset spending limit card, so I'm curious how lenient they're being with the upgrades.

I'm also curious if upgrades resulted in a higher APR or hard inquiry.  They list 10.24 variable with no annual fee, but I see a "will provide rate, fee and any cost information at time of upgrade" disclaimer.

Card info here:

http://www.chasesapphire.com

Thanks in advance for any info.

Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Chase Sapphire: Has anyone converted?

Just a Visa Signature card?
Message 2 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hard inq and Chase go hand in hand...
Message 3 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

I've got a marriott visa signature and I'm not interested in switching. I have a plethora of high end cards as it is.
Message 4 of 13
ma_fico
Regular Contributor

No intention of switching - I hate Chase, and my CL, Smiley Tongue but I like the Perfect rewards I have on my old WaMu no-rewards card.

Message 5 of 13
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

$1=1 point, what's great about that?
Message 6 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

I've sent a list of inquiries on certain things to Chase about the Chase Sapphire Preferred with the Ultimate Rewards program (annual fee version), which I'll call "URA". I'm interested to see the details on that particular program, and then to see if making the change from a Freedom Plus World MC to the Sapphire Preferred URA is actually an upgrade or simply a waste of time.

The 1:1 rewards ratio certainly doesn't speak to anything special, and having to spend more than $50k/year for the annual bonus certainly edges this card towards those with the higher incomes generally associated with the black card (World Elite, Infinite, Centurion) crowds. It makes me wonder if Chase tried to find a blend of the black card benefits with a lesser annual fee, and wow, look, a blue card and a black card make a purple (sapphire) card!

Yes, yes, sapphires are nominally a blue also, but such a statement gives me a cheap excuse to screw with the rainbow! Smiley Tongue

Message 7 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

A bit more info for anyone thinking about upgrading..

A Chase rep told me that conversions/upgrades to the Sapphire were only mailed out to customers who have a 5K CL or higher.  Folks with less than 5K can request an increase (with a hard pull of course) and then upgrade if it's approved.

They also said..

"Since changing the account from the PerfectCard to the
Sapphire is considered a trade, the Sapphire would not
show up as a new account. It would be like getting a new
account number for an account you already use as far as
the credit bureaus are concerned."

Message 8 of 13
hdporter
Regular Contributor

I just converted my Flexible Rewards st Sapphire for the sake of 5000 rewards points.  The card was basically a 1% across the board rebate card principally used for a bt.

Message 9 of 13
FretlessMayhem
Senior Contributor

@Creditaddict wrote:
$1=1 point, what's great about that?

+1.

Here we go again...
Message 10 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.