Credit Cards Center Credit cards from our partners
Regular Contributor

Chase Sapphire: Has anyone converted?

Has anyone taken advantage of Chase's offer to upgrade their existing card to the new Sapphire?   

I noticed they've made it easy by placing an "upgrade now" button on the Sapphire's app page.   It's a no preset spending limit card, so I'm curious how lenient they're being with the upgrades.

I'm also curious if upgrades resulted in a higher APR or hard inquiry.  They list 10.24 variable with no annual fee, but I see a "will provide rate, fee and any cost information at time of upgrade" disclaimer.

Card info here:

http://www.chasesapphire.com

Thanks in advance for any info.

Contributor

Re: Chase Sapphire: Has anyone converted?

Just a Visa Signature card?
-----------------------------------------------------
FICO pulled by loan officer on 8/3/2009
EQ: 724
EX: 740
TU: 742
Established Contributor

Hard inq and Chase go hand in hand...
Regular Contributor

I've got a marriott visa signature and I'm not interested in switching. I have a plethora of high end cards as it is.
2/2008-EQ-660-EX-672-TU-686
2-29-08 EQ-697-EX-706-TU-699 7/2008-EQ-741-EX-741-TU-765
Regular Contributor

No intention of switching - I hate Chase, and my CL, Smiley Tongue but I like the Perfect rewards I have on my old WaMu no-rewards card.

Epic Contributor

$1=1 point, what's great about that?
Valued Member

I've sent a list of inquiries on certain things to Chase about the Chase Sapphire Preferred with the Ultimate Rewards program (annual fee version), which I'll call "URA". I'm interested to see the details on that particular program, and then to see if making the change from a Freedom Plus World MC to the Sapphire Preferred URA is actually an upgrade or simply a waste of time.

The 1:1 rewards ratio certainly doesn't speak to anything special, and having to spend more than $50k/year for the annual bonus certainly edges this card towards those with the higher incomes generally associated with the black card (World Elite, Infinite, Centurion) crowds. It makes me wonder if Chase tried to find a blend of the black card benefits with a lesser annual fee, and wow, look, a blue card and a black card make a purple (sapphire) card!

Yes, yes, sapphires are nominally a blue also, but such a statement gives me a cheap excuse to screw with the rainbow! Smiley Tongue

Regular Contributor

A bit more info for anyone thinking about upgrading..

A Chase rep told me that conversions/upgrades to the Sapphire were only mailed out to customers who have a 5K CL or higher.  Folks with less than 5K can request an increase (with a hard pull of course) and then upgrade if it's approved.

They also said..

"Since changing the account from the PerfectCard to the
Sapphire is considered a trade, the Sapphire would not
show up as a new account. It would be like getting a new
account number for an account you already use as far as
the credit bureaus are concerned."

New Contributor

I just converted my Flexible Rewards st Sapphire for the sake of 5000 rewards points.  The card was basically a 1% across the board rebate card principally used for a bt.

Starting Score 1/01/10: TU:768 EQ:770
Current Score 8/21/12: TU:776 EQ:779
Goal Score 12/31/10: . TU:800 EQ:800

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Senior Contributor

Creditaddict wrote:
$1=1 point, what's great about that?

+1.

Here we go again...

Forums posts are not provided or commissioned by FICO. Forums posts have not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by FICO. It is not FICO's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered.

Advertiser Disclosure: The listings that appear on myFICO are from companies from which myFICO receives compensation, which may impact how and where products appear on myFICO (including, for example, the order in which they appear). myFICO does not review or include all companies or all available products.
† Credit cards for FICO Score ranges: The score ranges are guidelines based on internal myFICO analysis of actual applicant approvals, and having a FICO Score in a particular range does not guarantee you will be approved for credit cards recommended in that range. These ranges were not provided by any card issuer.

Copyright ©2001-2015 Fair Isaac Corporation. All rights reserved.   | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Sitemap

IMPORTANT INFORMATION: All FICO® Score products made available on myFICO.com include a FICO® Score 8, along with additional FICO® Score versions. Your lender or insurer may use a different FICO® Score than the versions you receive from myFICO, or another type of credit score altogether. Learn more

FICO, myFICO, Score Watch, The score lenders use, and The Score That Matters are trademarks or registered trademarks of Fair Isaac Corporation. Equifax Credit Report is a trademark of Equifax, Inc. and its affiliated companies. Many factors affect your FICO Score and the interest rates you may receive. Fair Isaac is not a credit repair organization as defined under federal or state law, including the Credit Repair Organizations Act. Fair Isaac does not provide "credit repair" services or advice or assistance regarding "rebuilding" or "improving" your credit record, credit history or credit rating. FTC's website on credit.