Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase Sapphire METAL Card

tag
SwiftTone
Valued Contributor

Re: Chase Sapphire METAL Card

@Omaplatypus wrote:

You know, I just called about getting an embossed plastic version and the nice lady on the other side told me they're soon they won't even be offering the regular chase sapphire cards as plastic anymore and all sapphires will be metal. 

Are you kidding? You mean I applied for a CSP for nothing?!?! Smiley LOL

AMEX: $25,000, CSR: $10,000, Chase Priority Club: $1,500, Freedom: $5000, Freedom Unlimited: $1000, Discover: $21,000, BoA $11,000, WF Cash Wise: $5000

EQ FICO - 753
TU FICO - 755
EX FICO(AMEX) - 766
Message 11 of 27
nenuco
Frequent Contributor

This seems highly unlikely as Chase probably wants to differentiate the products. Giving the one that warrants a $95 fee a more of a premium feel. Not saying your lying but CS has been known to not know what they are talking about sometimes Smiley Happy I'm pretty sure the same lady might have said that the J.P. Morgan Select was going to be made out of Palladium and white gold lol but anything could happen...

Full on Garden Mode (•‿•)
Message 12 of 27
Carbon44
Contributor

I highly disagree. Why would Chase make all of their Saphires metal? There would be less reason to apply for the preferred unless they gave it a new reward structure. No one would pay a $95 annual fee if they can get a metal card with no annual fee.
Chase Sapphire Preferred (Visa Signature), Citi Dividend World Elite, Discover IT, American Express Blue Cash Everyday, American Express Zync
Message 13 of 27
somnipotent
Frequent Contributor

Don't shoot the messenger, I just wanted an embossed card for travel purposes and she straight out told me they're not doing them anymore. I asked why and that's the answer she gave me. I agree that the CSP metal card gives it more of a prestige so why that would be the case I have no clue. Unfortunately for me, no plastic suppliment for overseas travel Smiley Sad

AmEx PRG (NPSL) | AmEx Costco ($8.2K) | AmEx Delta Gold ($19.3K) | AmEx BCE ($5K) | Chase United Explorer ($10K) | Chase Sapphire Preferred ($7.5K) | Chase Freedom ($8.2K) | Discover it ($3K) | Capital One Quicksilver ($2.5K) | PayPal Extras ($2.5K) | Lowes ($3.3K) | Walmart ($4.3K) | Amazon ($2.5K) | Restoration Hardware ($8.8K) | Crate & Barrel ($8.3K)
--
Homeowner since 05/29/13
Message 14 of 27
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Carbon44 wrote:
I highly disagree. Why would Chase make all of their Saphires metal? There would be less reason to apply for the preferred unless they gave it a new reward structure. No one would pay a $95 annual fee if they can get a metal card with no annual fee.

Seriously?  You justify the $95 AF based on the card being metal instead of plastic?  There are several reasons why the Preferred is a lot better than the regular, I've never considered the metal card one of them.  I can't believe this matters so much to people.  I've thought about requesting a plastic version just to avoid the attention the metal card has sometimes brought me.

Message 15 of 27
nenuco
Frequent Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@Carbon44 wrote:

Seriously?  You justify the $95 AF based on the card being metal instead of plastic?  There are several reasons why the Preferred is a lot better than the regular, I've never considered the metal card one of them.  I can't believe this matters so much to people.  I've thought about requesting a plastic version just to avoid the attention the metal card has sometimes brought me.

I agree, but I think the fact that the card is made out of metal adds the sense of a premium product. The same reason high end products are made out of metal and not plastic (not all but the majority.) Unfortunately we live in a society that cares about these things. That is why the Amex Centurion is made out of Titanium and the J.P. Morgan Palladium out of Palladium and 24K white gold. These things do matter to the people that apply and become customers of these products.

Full on Garden Mode (•‿•)
Message 16 of 27
djrez4
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@Carbon44 wrote:

I'm still waiting for the attention.  I guess the gay guy at the Target register was checking me out last night, but I don't think it was because of my metal credit card.  Smiley Wink

I wanted the Preferred for the 7% dividend, the lack of Forex, the UR points transferability, the Chase Trifecta, the double points on travel, and the metal card.  I'll pay $95 for that.

Message 17 of 27
mxp114
Valued Contributor

Is it possible to do the reverse? Request a plastic card for CSP?

Message 18 of 27
SwiftTone
Valued Contributor

@mxp114 wrote:

Is it possible to do the reverse? Request a plastic card for CSP?

Yep

AMEX: $25,000, CSR: $10,000, Chase Priority Club: $1,500, Freedom: $5000, Freedom Unlimited: $1000, Discover: $21,000, BoA $11,000, WF Cash Wise: $5000

EQ FICO - 753
TU FICO - 755
EX FICO(AMEX) - 766
Message 19 of 27
mxp114
Valued Contributor

So just call or SM for a plastic? Do they send a CS or CSP plastic card? Thanks.

Message 20 of 27
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.