Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase Sapphire METAL Card

tag
Carbon44
Contributor

Re: Chase Sapphire METAL Card

I don't justify the $95 fee just because its metal to the poster above who seems to think i do. I have the card as a restaurant and travel card however you are not thinking about the majority. LOTS of people get the CSP for the reason it's metal, just like lots of people get a Amex gold card because its Amex. It's about status. Whether its dumb is a different topic. I've gotten compliments and even asked if it was a real credit card before but never anything that makes me want to get rid of it.
Chase Sapphire Preferred (Visa Signature), Citi Dividend World Elite, Discover IT, American Express Blue Cash Everyday, American Express Zync
Message 21 of 27
somnipotent
Frequent Contributor

I requested a plastic card for CSP... they don't offer it anymore.  At least that's what I've just been told.

AmEx PRG (NPSL) | AmEx Costco ($8.2K) | AmEx Delta Gold ($19.3K) | AmEx BCE ($5K) | Chase United Explorer ($10K) | Chase Sapphire Preferred ($7.5K) | Chase Freedom ($8.2K) | Discover it ($3K) | Capital One Quicksilver ($2.5K) | PayPal Extras ($2.5K) | Lowes ($3.3K) | Walmart ($4.3K) | Amazon ($2.5K) | Restoration Hardware ($8.8K) | Crate & Barrel ($8.3K)
--
Homeowner since 05/29/13
Message 22 of 27
Anonymous
Not applicable

"No one would pay a $95 annual fee if they can get a metal card with no annual fee."

Sure sounds like you think the metal card justifies the fee.  Anyway I highly doubt the majority, or even lots of people, get the CSP because it's a metal card.  I mean, it's not even advertised on the website that it's metal.  There are much better reasons to opt for the CSP:  transfer partners, no forex, 2x points on dining, travel, excellent customer service.  I really think most people would care about those over what material the card is made of.

I don't really want to get any comments about my card from cashiers, even compliments.  I'm getting tired of "that's a heavy card", "yeah it's made out of metal".  It seems like atleast 1/3 of cashiers I hand the card to make some kind of comment.  I mean, come on, it's just a credit card.  One guy a few days ago said something like "that's a heavy card, must have a lot of money behind it".  I don't want that kind of attention.  I still might try calling to request a plastic version, even though some posts here seem to say that's impossible.

Message 23 of 27
nenuco
Frequent Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

"No one would pay a $95 annual fee if they can get a metal card with no annual fee."

Sure sounds like you think the metal card justifies the fee.  Anyway I highly doubt the majority, or even lots of people, get the CSP because it's a metal card.  I mean, it's not even advertised on the website that it's metal.  There are much better reasons to opt for the CSP:  transfer partners, no forex, 2x points on dining, travel, excellent customer service.  I really think most people would care about those over what material the card is made of.

I don't really want to get any comments about my card from cashiers, even compliments.  I'm getting tired of "that's a heavy card", "yeah it's made out of metal".  It seems like atleast 1/3 of cashiers I hand the card to make some kind of comment.  I mean, come on, it's just a credit card.  One guy a few days ago said something like "that's a heavy card, must have a lot of money behind it".  I don't want that kind of attention.  I still might try calling to request a plastic version, even though some posts here seem to say that's impossible.

Jajajaja lol that's awesome logic Smiley Tongue

Full on Garden Mode (•‿•)
Message 24 of 27
Anonymous
Not applicable

I know right, haha...

Message 25 of 27
Carbon44
Contributor

No where in that sentence you quoted did I use the word I therefore don't assume. Once again you are missing my point. The point of the card being preferred vs. just the regular CS is the luxuries of benefits that come with it. You named a few such as the 7% dividend, the no foreign transaction fees, the 20% for travel, etc. What you are missing to see is the fact having the card metal is a luxury. You may not like it and I think we can both agree that should not be a factor in choosing a credit card, but people do apply for that reason. I have seen many people like the benefits of the CSP and apply for it but I'm sure many can chime in they love having a metal card and might have considered that a factor when applying for a new card. You said yourself the guy said the saying " that card is heavy so that must mean you have a lot of money" and that is exactly what some people look for. Most of the time the people with money don't want to flaunt it but others who wish they did need something to showcase they're "elite status". To get back to the topic I still don't believe Chase will make the regular and preferred both metal.
Chase Sapphire Preferred (Visa Signature), Citi Dividend World Elite, Discover IT, American Express Blue Cash Everyday, American Express Zync
Message 26 of 27
Anonymous
Not applicable

It sure sounds like you include yourself by saying "no one", that's atleast a pretty logical interpretation not just some assumption.  I certainly know there are people who want the card for the "benefit" of a metal card, I just can't believe that most people get the card for that reason.

Message 27 of 27
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.