Chase Sapphire Metal?

tag
distantarray
Established Contributor

Re: Chase Sapphire Metal?

@HiLine wrote:

@distantarray wrote:

if you guys don't like the attention it gets just request a plastic version =P

personally I want the palladium card that's 3x heavier than the black card....  =( but I found out I could get one a month too late =\

Exactly, although the plastic card won't have the raised numbers either; both sides are flat with the letters and numbers printed on.

yea true but if you have to have raised numbers you can just use the freedom card. I'm a huge fan of Chase Trifecta so I love it.   Cause you get 10 points per use bonus on freedom for having a checking so $1 purchase gets you 11 points, and 5% categories are really nice and points are all transferable to Sapphire so if you get 5% on categories and spent for travel gives nice 6 points per dollar spent for travel.

total credit limits $108,400 Credit scores Ex 728 EQ 738 TU 758
Message 21 of 37
somnipotent
Frequent Contributor

I only wish Chase had branches here in the DC area.  Seriously.  How are you one of the major banks in the US and NOT have branches in the Nation's Capital!!!

AmEx PRG (NPSL) | AmEx Costco ($8.2K) | AmEx Delta Gold ($19.3K) | AmEx BCE ($5K) | Chase United Explorer ($10K) | Chase Sapphire Preferred ($7.5K) | Chase Freedom ($8.2K) | Discover it ($3K) | Capital One Quicksilver ($2.5K) | PayPal Extras ($2.5K) | Lowes ($3.3K) | Walmart ($4.3K) | Amazon ($2.5K) | Restoration Hardware ($8.8K) | Crate & Barrel ($8.3K)
--
Homeowner since 05/29/13
Message 22 of 37
HiLine
Blogger

@distantarray wrote:

@HiLine wrote:

@distantarray wrote:

personally I want the palladium card that's 3x heavier than the black card....  =( but I found out I could get one a month too late =\

Exactly, although the plastic card won't have the raised numbers either; both sides are flat with the letters and numbers printed on.

yea true but if you have to have raised numbers you can just use the freedom card. I'm a huge fan of Chase Trifecta so I love it.   Cause you get 10 points per use bonus on freedom for having a checking so $1 purchase gets you 11 points, and 5% categories are really nice and points are all transferable to Sapphire so if you get 5% on categories and spent for travel gives nice 6 points per dollar spent for travel.

But the CSP gives you 2% back on travel and dining purchases ... Basically the Freedom and the CSP are perfect compliments.

Message 23 of 37
distantarray
Established Contributor

@Omaplatypus wrote:

I only wish Chase had branches here in the DC area.  Seriously.  How are you one of the major banks in the US and NOT have branches in the Nation's Capital!!!

There are coupons out there for $300 sign on bonus if you don't have a Chase bank near you, use that next time you travel and open a Chase account lol free $300 =x you can find it on ebay or etc lol, Chase gives incentives for you to get your business =)

Message 24 of 37
distantarray
Established Contributor

@HiLine wrote:

@distantarray wrote:

@HiLine wrote:

@distantarray wrote:

But the CSP gives you 2% back on travel and dining purchases ... Basically the Freedom and the CSP are perfect compliments.

Yea because of how everything works it's benficial to have checking / freedom / sapphire  aka (trifecta) and remember the sapphire points also have a 7% bonus at the end of the year even on spent points so that's actually 1.07 points per dollar and 2.14 off dining and travel. If used to travel that's 20% more value totalling for 2.57 points per dollar for travel.   So rack up on freedom points and get 6 points for travel on category spendings. 

Also the upto $300 bonus for checking $100 bonus for freedom and $400 bonus (40,000 points worth 50,000 used for travel) so with those bonuses it's good enough to want to sign up atleast imo...  

Also remember too that Checking / Freedom makes it so you get 10 points for EVERY Chase freedom charge. So that's anywhere from extra 3,000-10,000 points annually (1-3 charges a day) just for having that combo.

Message 25 of 37
Denny33142
Regular Contributor

I have never commented to any customer about their card as i think it's probably a bit intrusive even if it's a compliment, however i always get a chance to look at the card pretty well since i always need to input the last 4 digits of the credit card.

I have to admit though it is pretty fun because i get to see some really great cards, just last week i saw an Optima for the first time.

Message 26 of 37
Voodard
Contributor

@distantarray: The Visa Black Card you're referring to is made from carbon, so it's actually disappointing to hold because it's light weight like a normal plastic card.

Good luck with the Palladium. The infamous, "card for the 1% of the 1%" is absolutely ridiculous. Stunning to look at, but there's no way most people could justify running enough money through it justfiy the steep $595.00 AF + $100.00 for each AU.

Smiley Happy
TU 743 as of 5/12
EQ 715 as of 10/13
EX Plus 780 as of 7/12

Cards in wallet: Chase Sapphire Preferred ($25k) Chase Freedom (8k) NFCU Platinum ($24k) HHonors Reserve ($11k)
United MileagePlus Club ($17k)
Message 27 of 37
CreditScholar
Valued Contributor

@Voodard wrote:
@distantarray: The Visa Black Card you're referring to is made from carbon, so it's actually disappointing to hold because it's light weight like a normal plastic card.

Good luck with the Palladium. The infamous, "card for the 1% of the 1%" is absolutely ridiculous. Stunning to look at, but there's no way most people could justify running enough money through it justfiy the steep $595.00 AF + $100.00 for each AU.

Smiley Happy

That's my issue currently with the Palladium card. Other than the plunk factor, you can get a lot more benefits from other cards. Here's a comparison that I did a couple of months ago for my fiancee and I.

Palladium - AF $695 (1 card + 1 AU). Benefits include:

1. Point Earning: 2x travel, 1x general spend

2. Louge Club (Prestige) Membership

3. Full UA Red Carpet Club Membership

4. GHA Hotels Black Status

5. Palladium Hotel Collection (similar to FHR, LHR)

6. Access to JPM Concierge

7. No forex charges

8. Access to UR Mall

9. Primary CDW

Sapphire Preferred ($95) + UA MP Club ($395) + J.P. Morgan Ritz Carlton ($395 - $200 incidentals credit) = $685. No cost for additional cards for AUs.

Benefits:

1. Point Earning: 2x Travel, 2x Dining, 1.5 UA miles or 1x on general spend

2. 7% annual point bonus

3. Louge Club (Prestige) Membership

4. Full UA Red Carpet Club Membership

5. Hyatt Platinum Status

6. Ritz Carlton & Marriott Gold Status

7. Avis President's Club

8. United Priority Access (Priority checkin, security, boarding, luggage)

9. 2 free bags on United metals plus waived close-in award booking fees

10. Access to LHR Collection

11. 3x Club level upgrades annually (up to 7 nights each) at the Ritz-Carlton, plus $100 hotel credit for 2 night stays or more

12. $200 Airline incidental credit, usable on any airlines and you don't have to specify in advance like the Amex Platinum

13. Primary CDW

14. No forex fees on any of those cards

15. Access to JPM Concierge

Yes it's the palladium card, but when you compare the benefits side-by-side I don't think it's even close.

EX 798, EQ 789, TU 784
American Express Platinum (NPSL) || Bank of America Privileges with Travel Rewards Visa Signature - $23,200 CL
Barclays American Airlines Aviator Red World Elite Mastercard - $20,000 CL || Chase IHG Rewards World Mastercard - $25,000 CL
Chase Sapphire Preferred Visa Signature - $12,700 CL || Chase United MileagePlus Club World Elite MasterCard - $26,500 CL
Citibank Hilton Reserve Visa Signature - $20,000 CL || J.P. Morgan Ritz Carlton Visa Signature - $23,500 CL
Message 28 of 37
Dustink
Valued Contributor

@CreditScholar wrote:

@Voodard wrote:

Smiley Happy

That's my issue currently with the Palladium card. Other than the plunk factor, you can get a lot more benefits from other cards. Here's a comparison that I did a couple of months ago for my fiancee and I.

7. No forex charges

8. Access to UR Mall

9. Primary CDW

Sapphire Preferred ($95) + UA MP Club ($395) + J.P. Morgan Ritz Carlton ($395 - $200 incidentals credit) = $685. No cost for additional cards for AUs.

Benefits:

2. 7% annual point bonus

5. Hyatt Platinum Status

7. Avis President's Club

11. 3x Club level upgrades annually (up to 7 nights each) at the Ritz-Carlton, plus $100 hotel credit for 2 night stays or more

12. $200 Airline incidental credit, usable on any airlines and you don't have to specify in advance like the Amex Platinum

13. Primary CDW

Yes it's the palladium card, but when you compare the benefits side-by-side I don't think it's even close.

If you combine no AF cards, you can earn better rewards. The hardest perk to get with no AF is lounge access, but it is possible.

Too many INQs & low AAoA so I'm off to tend the Garden.     Age:23    

$17k       $8.5K          Closed          $19k      $6.5k        $24.2k        Closed         $5k       Closed     $8.5k        Closed      @2.49%
Message 29 of 37
CreditScholar
Valued Contributor

@Dustink wrote:

@CreditScholar wrote:

@Voodard wrote:

Smiley Happy

7. No forex charges

8. Access to UR Mall

9. Primary CDW

Benefits:

2. 7% annual point bonus

5. Hyatt Platinum Status

7. Avis President's Club

13. Primary CDW

If you combine no AF cards, you can earn better rewards. The hardest perk to get with no AF is lounge access, but it is possible.

Benefits to me are worth much more than rewards, and for that I don't mind paying AFs. Cashback cards pretty worthless to me, and I can't think of any no-AF cards that are really worth my while. I made that comparison assuming that if I paid a similar AF, what could I expect to receive benefits-wise.

EX 798, EQ 789, TU 784
American Express Platinum (NPSL) || Bank of America Privileges with Travel Rewards Visa Signature - $23,200 CL
Barclays American Airlines Aviator Red World Elite Mastercard - $20,000 CL || Chase IHG Rewards World Mastercard - $25,000 CL
Chase Sapphire Preferred Visa Signature - $12,700 CL || Chase United MileagePlus Club World Elite MasterCard - $26,500 CL
Citibank Hilton Reserve Visa Signature - $20,000 CL || J.P. Morgan Ritz Carlton Visa Signature - $23,500 CL
Message 30 of 37
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.