Credit Cards Center Credit cards from our partners
Regular Contributor

Chase Sapphire Metal?

Just had a customer pay with a Chase Sapphire and it looks like the card was made of Metal, Not as heavy as the Centurion but it is definitely heavier than a regular card.

Just caught me by surprise because i have had other customers pay with Chase Sappire's and they have all felt normal, this one looked identical to the other cards but was metal.

Does chase have 2 tiers of this card? One regular and one metal?

Super Contributor

Re: Chase Sapphire Metal?

There is the chase sapphire, which is plastic,and the chase sapphire preferred, which is a metal card. 

Such a good looking card Smiley Tongue i want one lol

Established Member

preferred is metal and comes with a $95 af

regular is normal

Established Contributor

I so want the CSP!! can't wait to get my hands on it lol

BOA: 8.9k
CSP: 5k
Discover: 5k
Citi TY Preferd: 5k
Wally: 5k
JCP: 4.9k
citiForward: 4.7k
ChaseFreedom: 4.5k
DFS: 2k
Frequent Contributor

The Chase Sapphire Preferred also has the numbers on the back of the card, while the normal one has them in front, right?

AMEX BCE, Discover IT, Citi Forward, BoA Travel Rewards
FICO: EX 802 Last App: November 2012
Valued Contributor

I saw one in person for the first time and the card is a lot darker than it looks on the website
Amex BCE (2500) / Amex SPG (4000) / Amex GoldPR / Merrill+ Visa siggy (5000) / BofA Amex (6000) / Bofa cash rewards (5000) / BofA Privileges Cash Rewards (5000) / Citi Forward (4400) / Citi DP (2000) / Chase Freedom (4000) / Chase CSP (5000) / Chase Hyatt (5000) / Discover IT (1700) / FNBO AMEX (3600) / NFCU cashRewards Visa signature (15000) / NFCU Flagship Visa signature (12500) / NFCU Navcheck (5000) / Nordstrom (500) / MetroCU Visa Elite (5000) / Walmart (4500) / Kays Jewerels (6600) / Kohls (300) / Macys Platinum (2500) / DCU platinum Visa (17500) / Citizens bank cash back (1100) / Bill Me Later (1631) / PayPal Smart connect (2200) / BestBuy store card (2000)
Regular Contributor

Smiley Very Happy I have the sapphire prefered and yes i do get alot of compliments on the card one cashier commented that they only give those cards to those people with alot of money in the bank Smiley SurprisedI wish i have $103 bucks in my chase account Smiley Very Happy

Established Member

I have the standard Sapphire and its numbers are also on the back of the card.

Current Cards: Chase Sapphire-$5,000, Local Credit Union-$1,000
Established Member

I've had my CSP for over a year now, I probably get at least one comment on it a week.  It has gotten to the point where it's annoying actually LOL

Amex Blue Cash Everyday - 22k CL | Chase Hyatt - 15k CL

PenFed Platinum Rewards - 12k CL | Chase Sapphire Preferred - 8k CL | Chase Freedom - 5k CL

[ Edited ]

Can't wait till the day I possess that shiny, heavy sheet of money. 

Forums posts are not provided or commissioned by FICO. Forums posts have not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by FICO. It is not FICO's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered.

Advertiser Disclosure: The listings that appear on myFICO are from companies from which myFICO receives compensation, which may impact how and where products appear on myFICO (including, for example, the order in which they appear). myFICO does not review or include all companies or all available products.
† Credit cards for FICO Score ranges: The score ranges are guidelines based on internal myFICO analysis of actual applicant approvals, and having a FICO Score in a particular range does not guarantee you will be approved for credit cards recommended in that range. These ranges were not provided by any card issuer.

Copyright ©2001-2015 Fair Isaac Corporation. All rights reserved.   | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Sitemap

IMPORTANT INFORMATION: All FICO® Score products made available on include a FICO® Score 8, along with additional FICO® Score versions. Your lender or insurer may use a different FICO® Score than the versions you receive from myFICO, or another type of credit score altogether. Learn more

FICO, myFICO, Score Watch, The score lenders use, and The Score That Matters are trademarks or registered trademarks of Fair Isaac Corporation. Equifax Credit Report is a trademark of Equifax, Inc. and its affiliated companies. Many factors affect your FICO Score and the interest rates you may receive. Fair Isaac is not a credit repair organization as defined under federal or state law, including the Credit Repair Organizations Act. Fair Isaac does not provide "credit repair" services or advice or assistance regarding "rebuilding" or "improving" your credit record, credit history or credit rating. FTC's website on credit.