Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase Sapphire Metal?

tag
CreditScholar
Valued Contributor

Re: Chase Sapphire Metal?

@Anonymous wrote:

I've had my CSP for over a year now, I probably get at least one comment on it a week.  It has gotten to the point where it's annoying actually LOL

+1 It can get pretty annoying, especially if you're in a hurry or simply not in the mood to chat that day. I get a lot of questions from checkout chicks around here who are trying (not so subtly might I add) to determine my financial position. I can tell they're trouble just by how they look, dress and the questions they ask.

"This is really heavy... is it like a platinum card? Is it better than platinum? What bank is it from? What's Chase? Isn't it from ANZ or something??? Everyone says they have fancy cards. How do you get one?" Answers: no, yes, Chase is an American bank, no, you apply for it like any other card, can you shut up and finish scanning my items thanks.

EX 798, EQ 789, TU 784
American Express Platinum (NPSL) || Bank of America Privileges with Travel Rewards Visa Signature - $23,200 CL
Barclays American Airlines Aviator Red World Elite Mastercard - $20,000 CL || Chase IHG Rewards World Mastercard - $25,000 CL
Chase Sapphire Preferred Visa Signature - $12,700 CL || Chase United MileagePlus Club World Elite MasterCard - $26,500 CL
Citibank Hilton Reserve Visa Signature - $20,000 CL || J.P. Morgan Ritz Carlton Visa Signature - $23,500 CL
Message 11 of 37
sakhalin070
Frequent Contributor

Not gonna lie, I totally stared at the CSP the first time I swiped it at work lol

AMEX BCE, Discover IT, Citi Forward, BoA Travel Rewards, Barclaycard Cash Forward
Message 12 of 37
Anonymous
Not applicable

I really don't think it's proper for cashiers to make any comments about the customer's credit card, it's unprofessional.  The last time a cashier fondled my CSP and said the usual, "that's really heavy", I just said, "yup" and put on a look of impatience.  I wanted to say, "just swipe the damn thing and hand it back already".

Message 13 of 37
CreditScholar
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I really don't think it's proper for cashiers to make any comments about the customer's credit card, it's unprofessional.  The last time a cashier fondled my CSP and said the usual, "that's really heavy", I just said, "yup" and put on a look of impatience.  I wanted to say, "just swipe the damn thing and hand it back already".

What's even worse is when they pass around your card to other staff members. I can remember more than one occasion when this happened, and the other people behind you look just as annoyed if not more. I've even had a checkout chick show my card to another customer who asked about it.

EX 798, EQ 789, TU 784
American Express Platinum (NPSL) || Bank of America Privileges with Travel Rewards Visa Signature - $23,200 CL
Barclays American Airlines Aviator Red World Elite Mastercard - $20,000 CL || Chase IHG Rewards World Mastercard - $25,000 CL
Chase Sapphire Preferred Visa Signature - $12,700 CL || Chase United MileagePlus Club World Elite MasterCard - $26,500 CL
Citibank Hilton Reserve Visa Signature - $20,000 CL || J.P. Morgan Ritz Carlton Visa Signature - $23,500 CL
Message 14 of 37
Elcid89
Contributor

@CreditScholar wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

What's even worse is when they pass around your card to other staff members. I can remember more than one occasion when this happened, and the other people behind you look just as annoyed if not more. I've even had a checkout chick show my card to another customer who asked about it.

Wow, I would have lost it and gone postal right then and there.

FICO 04 scores: 809 (EQ) 812 (EX) 818 (TU)

Amex Platinum NPSL - Citi HHonors Sig. $58k - BMW Ultimate $40k
Chase Sapphire Preferred $62k - Merrill Lynch + Signature $41k - USAA Rate Advantage $28k
NFCU Flagship Signature $50k - USAA Cash Rewards AMEX $28k
Citi Platinum Select / AAdvantage Signature $31k - Chase Amtrak Rewards World MC $41k

Message 15 of 37
CreditScholar
Valued Contributor

@Elcid89 wrote:

@CreditScholar wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Wow, I would have lost it and gone postal right then and there.

This was at McDonalds and she was only 13, so I just chalked it up to her age. She could tell afterwards that I was not happy at all with what she did. I didn't really have to say anything after that. The guilt and embarssment on her face removed the need for any further comment.

EX 798, EQ 789, TU 784
Message 16 of 37
Carbon44
Contributor

A couple of things I wanted to touch on. First and foremost the CSP can be annoying and attract attention if you have employees who act unprofessional that is true and the card being metal betters your odds. However, it's nice to just get a simple compliment such as I like your card sir or I love the design of this card. Second, probably 99% of credit cards are plastic so some people have never held or swiped a metal card. You knew this when apping so while it may be unprofessional it should be somewhat expected. Most people are less educated with credit cards so seeing a metal card is like WOW! lastly I think metal cards are awesome. I feel while they scratch easily they wear less, feel better, and I know they swipe ALOT smoother for employees.
Chase Sapphire Preferred (Visa Signature), Citi Dividend World Elite, Discover IT, American Express Blue Cash Everyday, American Express Zync
Message 17 of 37
somnipotent
Frequent Contributor

Mine get's comments all the time.  The worst though is when someone says they can't take this kind of card until I tell them to turn it around.  I'm still kinda miffed they won't give me a plastic normal card with raised numbers for foriegn travel.  grrr.

AmEx PRG (NPSL) | AmEx Costco ($8.2K) | AmEx Delta Gold ($19.3K) | AmEx BCE ($5K) | Chase United Explorer ($10K) | Chase Sapphire Preferred ($7.5K) | Chase Freedom ($8.2K) | Discover it ($3K) | Capital One Quicksilver ($2.5K) | PayPal Extras ($2.5K) | Lowes ($3.3K) | Walmart ($4.3K) | Amazon ($2.5K) | Restoration Hardware ($8.8K) | Crate & Barrel ($8.3K)
--
Homeowner since 05/29/13
Message 18 of 37
distantarray
Established Contributor

if you guys don't like the attention it gets just request a plastic version =P

personally I want the palladium card that's 3x heavier than the black card....  =( but I found out I could get one a month too late =\

total credit limits $108,400 Credit scores Ex 728 EQ 738 TU 758
Message 19 of 37
HiLine
Blogger

@distantarray wrote:

if you guys don't like the attention it gets just request a plastic version =P

personally I want the palladium card that's 3x heavier than the black card....  =( but I found out I could get one a month too late =\

Exactly, although the plastic card won't have the raised numbers either; both sides are flat with the letters and numbers printed on.

Message 20 of 37
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.