Reply
Established Contributor
distantarray
Posts: 2,112
Registered: ‎09-25-2011
0

Re: Chase Sapphire Metal?

[ Edited ]

HiLine wrote:

distantarray wrote:

if you guys don't like the attention it gets just request a plastic version =P

 

personally I want the palladium card that's 3x heavier than the black card....  =( but I found out I could get one a month too late =\


 

Exactly, although the plastic card won't have the raised numbers either; both sides are flat with the letters and numbers printed on.

 



yea true but if you have to have raised numbers you can just use the freedom card. I'm a huge fan of Chase Trifecta so I love it.   Cause you get 10 points per use bonus on freedom for having a checking so $1 purchase gets you 11 points, and 5% categories are really nice and points are all transferable to Sapphire so if you get 5% on categories and spent for travel gives nice 6 points per dollar spent for travel.


total credit limits $108,400 Credit scores Ex 728 EQ 738 TU 758
Frequent Contributor
somnipotent
Posts: 367
Registered: ‎06-02-2008
0

Re: Chase Sapphire Metal?

I only wish Chase had branches here in the DC area.  Seriously.  How are you one of the major banks in the US and NOT have branches in the Nation's Capital!!!


AmEx PRG (NPSL) | AmEx Costco ($8.2K) | AmEx Delta Gold ($19.3K) | AmEx BCE ($5K) | Chase United Explorer ($10K) | Chase Sapphire Preferred ($7.5K) | Chase Freedom ($8.2K) | Discover it ($3K) | Capital One Quicksilver ($2.5K) | PayPal Extras ($2.5K) | Lowes ($3.3K) | Walmart ($4.3K) | Amazon ($2.5K) | Restoration Hardware ($8.8K) | Crate & Barrel ($8.3K)
--
Homeowner since 05/29/13
Blogger
HiLine
Posts: 2,953
Registered: ‎10-19-2012
0

Re: Chase Sapphire Metal?


distantarray wrote:

HiLine wrote:

distantarray wrote:

if you guys don't like the attention it gets just request a plastic version =P

 

personally I want the palladium card that's 3x heavier than the black card....  =( but I found out I could get one a month too late =\


 

Exactly, although the plastic card won't have the raised numbers either; both sides are flat with the letters and numbers printed on.

 



yea true but if you have to have raised numbers you can just use the freedom card. I'm a huge fan of Chase Trifecta so I love it.   Cause you get 10 points per use bonus on freedom for having a checking so $1 purchase gets you 11 points, and 5% categories are really nice and points are all transferable to Sapphire so if you get 5% on categories and spent for travel gives nice 6 points per dollar spent for travel.


But the CSP gives you 2% back on travel and dining purchases ... Basically the Freedom and the CSP are perfect compliments.

 

Established Contributor
distantarray
Posts: 2,112
Registered: ‎09-25-2011
0

Re: Chase Sapphire Metal?


Omaplatypus wrote:

I only wish Chase had branches here in the DC area.  Seriously.  How are you one of the major banks in the US and NOT have branches in the Nation's Capital!!!


There are coupons out there for $300 sign on bonus if you don't have a Chase bank near you, use that next time you travel and open a Chase account lol free $300 =x you can find it on ebay or etc lol, Chase gives incentives for you to get your business =)


total credit limits $108,400 Credit scores Ex 728 EQ 738 TU 758
Established Contributor
distantarray
Posts: 2,112
Registered: ‎09-25-2011
0

Re: Chase Sapphire Metal?


HiLine wrote:

distantarray wrote:

HiLine wrote:

distantarray wrote:

if you guys don't like the attention it gets just request a plastic version =P

 

personally I want the palladium card that's 3x heavier than the black card....  =( but I found out I could get one a month too late =\


 

Exactly, although the plastic card won't have the raised numbers either; both sides are flat with the letters and numbers printed on.

 



yea true but if you have to have raised numbers you can just use the freedom card. I'm a huge fan of Chase Trifecta so I love it.   Cause you get 10 points per use bonus on freedom for having a checking so $1 purchase gets you 11 points, and 5% categories are really nice and points are all transferable to Sapphire so if you get 5% on categories and spent for travel gives nice 6 points per dollar spent for travel.


But the CSP gives you 2% back on travel and dining purchases ... Basically the Freedom and the CSP are perfect compliments.

 


Yea because of how everything works it's benficial to have checking / freedom / sapphire  aka (trifecta) and remember the sapphire points also have a 7% bonus at the end of the year even on spent points so that's actually 1.07 points per dollar and 2.14 off dining and travel. If used to travel that's 20% more value totalling for 2.57 points per dollar for travel.   So rack up on freedom points and get 6 points for travel on category spendings. 

 

Also the upto $300 bonus for checking $100 bonus for freedom and $400 bonus (40,000 points worth 50,000 used for travel) so with those bonuses it's good enough to want to sign up atleast imo...  

 

Also remember too that Checking / Freedom makes it so you get 10 points for EVERY Chase freedom charge. So that's anywhere from extra 3,000-10,000 points annually (1-3 charges a day) just for having that combo.

 

 


total credit limits $108,400 Credit scores Ex 728 EQ 738 TU 758
Regular Contributor
Denny33142
Posts: 179
Registered: ‎07-12-2011
0

Re: Chase Sapphire Metal?

I have never commented to any customer about their card as i think it's probably a bit intrusive even if it's a compliment, however i always get a chance to look at the card pretty well since i always need to input the last 4 digits of the credit card.

 

I have to admit though it is pretty fun because i get to see some really great cards, just last week i saw an Optima for the first time.

Contributor
Voodard
Posts: 83
Registered: ‎06-13-2012
0

Re: Chase Sapphire Metal?

@distantarray: The Visa Black Card you're referring to is made from carbon, so it's actually disappointing to hold because it's light weight like a normal plastic card.

Good luck with the Palladium. The infamous, "card for the 1% of the 1%" is absolutely ridiculous. Stunning to look at, but there's no way most people could justify running enough money through it justfiy the steep $595.00 AF + $100.00 for each AU.

:smileyhappy:
TU 743 as of 5/12
EQ 715 as of 10/13
EX Plus 780 as of 7/12

Cards in wallet: Chase Sapphire Preferred ($25k) Chase Freedom (8k) NFCU Platinum ($24k) HHonors Reserve ($11k)
United MileagePlus Club ($17k)
Valued Contributor
CreditScholar
Posts: 2,300
Registered: ‎01-22-2012
0

Re: Chase Sapphire Metal?


Voodard wrote:
@distantarray: The Visa Black Card you're referring to is made from carbon, so it's actually disappointing to hold because it's light weight like a normal plastic card.

Good luck with the Palladium. The infamous, "card for the 1% of the 1%" is absolutely ridiculous. Stunning to look at, but there's no way most people could justify running enough money through it justfiy the steep $595.00 AF + $100.00 for each AU.

:smileyhappy:

That's my issue currently with the Palladium card. Other than the plunk factor, you can get a lot more benefits from other cards. Here's a comparison that I did a couple of months ago for my fiancee and I.

 

Palladium - AF $695 (1 card + 1 AU). Benefits include:


1. Point Earning: 2x travel, 1x general spend

2. Louge Club (Prestige) Membership

3. Full UA Red Carpet Club Membership

4. GHA Hotels Black Status

5. Palladium Hotel Collection (similar to FHR, LHR)

6. Access to JPM Concierge

7. No forex charges

8. Access to UR Mall

9. Primary CDW

 

 

Sapphire Preferred ($95) + UA MP Club ($395) + J.P. Morgan Ritz Carlton ($395 - $200 incidentals credit) = $685. No cost for additional cards for AUs.

 

Benefits:

 

1. Point Earning: 2x Travel, 2x Dining, 1.5 UA miles or 1x on general spend

2. 7% annual point bonus

3. Louge Club (Prestige) Membership

4. Full UA Red Carpet Club Membership

5. Hyatt Platinum Status

6. Ritz Carlton & Marriott Gold Status

7. Avis President's Club

8. United Priority Access (Priority checkin, security, boarding, luggage)

9. 2 free bags on United metals plus waived close-in award booking fees

10. Access to LHR Collection

11. 3x Club level upgrades annually (up to 7 nights each) at the Ritz-Carlton, plus $100 hotel credit for 2 night stays or more

12. $200 Airline incidental credit, usable on any airlines and you don't have to specify in advance like the Amex Platinum

13. Primary CDW

14. No forex fees on any of those cards

15. Access to JPM Concierge

 

 

Yes it's the palladium card, but when you compare the benefits side-by-side I don't think it's even close.

 

FICOs: EX: 826, EQ: 817, TU: 810
Bank of America Privileges with Travel Rewards Visa Signature - $23,200 CL
Chase Sapphire Preferred Visa Signature - $12,700 CL
Chase United MileagePlus Club World Elite MasterCard - $26,500 CL
Citibank American Airlines Executive World Elite MasterCard - $22,500 CL
J.P. Morgan Ritz Carlton Visa Signature - $23,500 CL
Valued Contributor
Dustink
Posts: 2,980
Registered: ‎10-02-2012
0

Re: Chase Sapphire Metal?


CreditScholar wrote:

Voodard wrote:
@distantarray: The Visa Black Card you're referring to is made from carbon, so it's actually disappointing to hold because it's light weight like a normal plastic card.

Good luck with the Palladium. The infamous, "card for the 1% of the 1%" is absolutely ridiculous. Stunning to look at, but there's no way most people could justify running enough money through it justfiy the steep $595.00 AF + $100.00 for each AU.

:smileyhappy:

That's my issue currently with the Palladium card. Other than the plunk factor, you can get a lot more benefits from other cards. Here's a comparison that I did a couple of months ago for my fiancee and I.

 

Palladium - AF $695 (1 card + 1 AU). Benefits include:


1. Point Earning: 2x travel, 1x general spend

2. Louge Club (Prestige) Membership

3. Full UA Red Carpet Club Membership

4. GHA Hotels Black Status

5. Palladium Hotel Collection (similar to FHR, LHR)

6. Access to JPM Concierge

7. No forex charges

8. Access to UR Mall

9. Primary CDW

 

 

Sapphire Preferred ($95) + UA MP Club ($395) + J.P. Morgan Ritz Carlton ($395 - $200 incidentals credit) = $685. No cost for additional cards for AUs.

 

Benefits:

 

1. Point Earning: 2x Travel, 2x Dining, 1.5 UA miles or 1x on general spend

2. 7% annual point bonus

3. Louge Club (Prestige) Membership

4. Full UA Red Carpet Club Membership

5. Hyatt Platinum Status

6. Ritz Carlton & Marriott Gold Status

7. Avis President's Club

8. United Priority Access (Priority checkin, security, boarding, luggage)

9. 2 free bags on United metals plus waived close-in award booking fees

10. Access to LHR Collection

11. 3x Club level upgrades annually (up to 7 nights each) at the Ritz-Carlton, plus $100 hotel credit for 2 night stays or more

12. $200 Airline incidental credit, usable on any airlines and you don't have to specify in advance like the Amex Platinum

13. Primary CDW

14. No forex fees on any of those cards

15. Access to JPM Concierge

 

 

Yes it's the palladium card, but when you compare the benefits side-by-side I don't think it's even close.

 


If you combine no AF cards, you can earn better rewards. The hardest perk to get with no AF is lounge access, but it is possible.

 

Too many INQs & low AAoA so I'm off to tend the Garden.     Age:21    


     $14k          $8.5K          $7.5k          $7.5k         $6.5k             $6k             $5k            $5k             $5k              $5k           NPSL       @ 0%
Valued Contributor
CreditScholar
Posts: 2,300
Registered: ‎01-22-2012
0

Re: Chase Sapphire Metal?


Dustink wrote:

CreditScholar wrote:

Voodard wrote:
@distantarray: The Visa Black Card you're referring to is made from carbon, so it's actually disappointing to hold because it's light weight like a normal plastic card.

Good luck with the Palladium. The infamous, "card for the 1% of the 1%" is absolutely ridiculous. Stunning to look at, but there's no way most people could justify running enough money through it justfiy the steep $595.00 AF + $100.00 for each AU.

:smileyhappy:

That's my issue currently with the Palladium card. Other than the plunk factor, you can get a lot more benefits from other cards. Here's a comparison that I did a couple of months ago for my fiancee and I.

 

Palladium - AF $695 (1 card + 1 AU). Benefits include:


1. Point Earning: 2x travel, 1x general spend

2. Louge Club (Prestige) Membership

3. Full UA Red Carpet Club Membership

4. GHA Hotels Black Status

5. Palladium Hotel Collection (similar to FHR, LHR)

6. Access to JPM Concierge

7. No forex charges

8. Access to UR Mall

9. Primary CDW

 

 

Sapphire Preferred ($95) + UA MP Club ($395) + J.P. Morgan Ritz Carlton ($395 - $200 incidentals credit) = $685. No cost for additional cards for AUs.

 

Benefits:

 

1. Point Earning: 2x Travel, 2x Dining, 1.5 UA miles or 1x on general spend

2. 7% annual point bonus

3. Louge Club (Prestige) Membership

4. Full UA Red Carpet Club Membership

5. Hyatt Platinum Status

6. Ritz Carlton & Marriott Gold Status

7. Avis President's Club

8. United Priority Access (Priority checkin, security, boarding, luggage)

9. 2 free bags on United metals plus waived close-in award booking fees

10. Access to LHR Collection

11. 3x Club level upgrades annually (up to 7 nights each) at the Ritz-Carlton, plus $100 hotel credit for 2 night stays or more

12. $200 Airline incidental credit, usable on any airlines and you don't have to specify in advance like the Amex Platinum

13. Primary CDW

14. No forex fees on any of those cards

15. Access to JPM Concierge

 

 

Yes it's the palladium card, but when you compare the benefits side-by-side I don't think it's even close.

 


If you combine no AF cards, you can earn better rewards. The hardest perk to get with no AF is lounge access, but it is possible.

 


Benefits to me are worth much more than rewards, and for that I don't mind paying AFs. Cashback cards pretty worthless to me, and I can't think of any no-AF cards that are really worth my while. I made that comparison assuming that if I paid a similar AF, what could I expect to receive benefits-wise.

 

FICOs: EX: 826, EQ: 817, TU: 810
Bank of America Privileges with Travel Rewards Visa Signature - $23,200 CL
Chase Sapphire Preferred Visa Signature - $12,700 CL
Chase United MileagePlus Club World Elite MasterCard - $26,500 CL
Citibank American Airlines Executive World Elite MasterCard - $22,500 CL
J.P. Morgan Ritz Carlton Visa Signature - $23,500 CL

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+
}