Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase Sapphire Metal?

tag
lbrother517
New Visitor

Re: Chase Sapphire Metal?

Naaa they are the same as far as number positioning. Both have the numbers on the back. 

Only difference is Prefered is made of meteal and says "prefered" under Chase Sapphire. I have both cards but only get comments on the Prefered. And it's just amazing Smiley Happy  

Message 31 of 37
lbrother517
New Visitor

This has only happened once with me. It was all in good "fun" but i feel uncomfortable when it exchanges hands. It can get annoying, but most of the time it's kinda funny to see the responce. But i'm not in a hurry most of the time so it's just funny Smiley Happy

Message 32 of 37
indiolatino61
Valued Contributor

@Denny33142 wrote:

Just had a customer pay with a Chase Sapphire and it looks like the card was made of Metal, Not as heavy as the Centurion but it is definitely heavier than a regular card.

Just caught me by surprise because i have had other customers pay with Chase Sappire's and they have all felt normal, this one looked identical to the other cards but was metal.

Does chase have 2 tiers of this card? One regular and one metal?

The sapphire is plastic, the preferred is some kind of metal sandwiched by some kind of plastic, if I'm not mistaken. That's why it scratches so easily. If it was all metal it would stay looking good longer.

photo Logo - Credit Card Collection - Data Inclusive_zpskiw5xfjj.jpg photo emerald_zpsfitcxbh5.jpg
Message 33 of 37
xsvspd
Regular Contributor

I know this topic is old, but I gotta chime in...

I've only had my CSP for 3 months, but I've had several people comment on how heavy it is, and that it's noticeable thicker than plastic cards. I, for one, enjoy the comments!

Hover over card to see limits

Starting score 3/2013 - 585. Score as of 5/2014 - 725.
Message 34 of 37
jd352
Regular Contributor

@xsvspd wrote:

I know this topic is old, but I gotta chime in...

I've only had my CSP for 3 months, but I've had several people comment on how heavy it is, and that it's noticeable thicker than plastic cards. I, for one, enjoy the comments!

The first night I used mine going out to eat, the waitress dropped the 2-hour old card on the floor. She said sorry and commented about the weight of the card and was not ready for it. She also mentioned she never saw this card before. The CSP isn't that uncommon of a card (its not a Centurion), but I guess they are used to bank typical cards. Having been a server in both a high-end restaurant and a family restaurant in the past, I know the credit cards you receive are definitely different depending on who you are serving.

NPSL............... $20,700........... $15,200.......... $5,000............ $15,000............ $20,000
Current Scores: Equifax: 761 (Fico) TransUnion: 751 (Fico) Experian: 768 (Fico)
Message 35 of 37
j_casteel
Valued Contributor

I've had a few comments about the weight and chip. A funny one about if I ever wanted to get rid of it would I have to use tin snips instead of a shredder to dispose of it.
Learning from my past and rebuilding..

BK discharged 1/10/17
scores: EQ 659 | TU 630 | EX 659

QS 3.8K | WF 500 | Cabela's 3k | ACU 500 |

Message 36 of 37
vygotsky
Contributor

@jsucool76 wrote:

There is the chase sapphire, which is plastic,and the chase sapphire preferred, which is a metal card. 

Such a good looking card Smiley Tongue i want one lol

I might need me a CSP now Smiley Tongue

FICO 733 (Discover)
Message 37 of 37
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.