Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase Sapphire PC to Preferred

tag
Luis135
Established Member

Chase Sapphire PC to Preferred

Has anyone had any success doing this? I got the card in late November 2012 because I didn't think I would get approved for the Preferred. But now I want it, I have a CL of $5,000 and a balance of about $3,800. Which I am diligently working to pay off by the end of next month. What are my odds on getting that PC. 

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Re: Chase Sapphire PC to Preferred

Message 2 of 7
darkfrosty
Established Contributor

I just called up and they did it for me .. No pull or anything .. Might have had my sapphire for a year tho
CSR | Ink Business Preferred | Amex Platinum | NFCU Cash Rewards
Message 3 of 7
YahComb
Established Contributor

when you go the chase website, refresh a few times before you login to see if they have an offer to upgrade for you. I got two offers within 3-4 months of opening my plain ole sapphire. Of course, they weren't offering the big sign up bonus, but they still were offering to waive the annual fee for the first year.

EQ-736(08/14) TU-752(09/14)
Newest to Oldest
Barc Sallie Mae 6K | Citi TY Pref 4.5K | US Bank Cash+ 10K | Chase Freedom 11.7K | Disc It 10.5K | Amazon Store 2.5K | BOA Cash Rewards 10.5K |

Closed Cards: 4 Oldest: 3yrs AAOA: 2yrs
Message 4 of 7
MazdaSpeed
Contributor

@Luis135 wrote:

Has anyone had any success doing this? I got the card in late November 2012 because I didn't think I would get approved for the Preferred. But now I want it, I have a CL of $5,000 and a balance of about $3,800. Which I am diligently working to pay off by the end of next month. What are my odds on getting that PC. 

I think you may want to look into just applying for the CSP youll get the bonus that way, and if you have to recon, they may agree to close your regular sapphire card so you can open the CSP, if they say they have given you all the credit they can,

but you may just get approved for it, and if that happens just move the CL to the CSP and close the regular sapphire

the 40k bonus is worth a lot of money, might as well try for it!'

hope my info is correct

fico 747
Message 5 of 7
ryanbush
Valued Contributor

Chase HAS to way 13 months to upgrade you.... it's part of the card act.

Chase Sapphire Perferred | Chase Freedom | AMEX Platinum | AMEX Delta Platinum | AMEX SPG | Capital One Venture | Capital One Quicksliver | Discover IT | ABFCU Visa | Citi AA WEMC
Message 6 of 7
a3quit4s
Regular Contributor

I was upgraded after 10-11 months. I don't believe I had to app for the CSP

EQ 733 3/3/13 GOAL: 800 Merrill Lynch Merrill+ $12,500 | AMEX BCE 6K | AMEX PRG NPSL | CSP 6K | Freedom 5K | Discover IT 5K | HVFCU 10K | American Eagle Visa 5K | Citi Thank You Preferred 6,100

In the garden since 4/22/13 | Hating on Capital One since '09
Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.