cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase Sapphire Pre-approval

tag
bjoplin21

Chase Sapphire Pre-approval

Just went into a chase branch to close a checking account and decided to ask the banker if I had any pre - approvals. I didn't think I would since my ficos are only mid to upper 600s. He told me I had pre approval for slate, freedom, sapphire or sapphire preferred. I already have a slate that's been at a 300 CL for 7 years. I chose the sapphire, not sapphire preferred since that one has an AF. Got approved for initial CL of 5k. I have 5 other cards and utility is at 11%. My only other high limit card is a barclay iTunes visa that I got increased from 1400 to 5500 last week.

My paid collection from 2008 didn't seem to matter much.
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
myjourney
Super Contributor

Re: Chase Sapphire Pre-approval

Congrats 

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 2 of 6
LS2982
Mega Contributor

@bjoplin21 wrote:
Just went into a chase branch to close a checking account and decided to ask the banker if I had any pre - approvals. I didn't think I would since my ficos are only mid to upper 600s. He told me I had pre approval for slate, freedom, sapphire or sapphire preferred. I already have a slate that's been at a 300 CL for 7 years. I chose the sapphire, not sapphire preferred since that one has an AF. Got approved for initial CL of 5k. I have 5 other cards and utility is at 11%. My only other high limit card is a barclay iTunes visa that I got increased from 1400 to 5500 last week.

CONGRATS!!!

Even with the AF the CSP give you the mex benefits for the sapphire line. Travel benefits are sweet!!

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 3 of 6
indiolatino61
Valued Contributor

@bjoplin21 wrote:

Congrats...I got denied online for the Freedom in October, 2012. Next time I app for the CSP I'll do it at the branch, since it does seem to make a difference.

photo Logo - Credit Card Collection - Data Inclusive_zpskiw5xfjj.jpg photo emerald_zpsfitcxbh5.jpg
Message 4 of 6
bjoplin21

Thanks. I think I'm done applying for credit cards.. 17k total available credit is more than enough for me
Message 5 of 6
wallyworld123
Frequent Contributor

Congrats good thing u decided to askSmiley Happy

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.