Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase Sapphire Preferred APP

tag
MarineVietVet
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Chase Sapphire Preferred APP

One drawback of only seeing words on a screen is not always knowing the writer's intent. I know I have been guilty of this.

It's better just to move on.  Smiley Happy

From a BK years ago to:
EX - 3/11 pulled by lender- 835, EQ - 2/11-816, TU - 2/11-782

"Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they've made a difference. The Marines don't have that problem".

Message 11 of 29
cableguy123
Regular Contributor

i am pretty happy the only thing that was throwing it off was my boa visa siggy card was repoting a high balance i told him its not reporting all my balance he didn't seem to know what i was talking about told him it was a flex credit card

Message 12 of 29
Anonymous
Not applicable

@MarineVietVet wrote:

One drawback of only seeing words on a screen is not always knowing the writer's intent. I know I have been guilty of this.

It's better just to move on.  Smiley Happy

From a BK years ago to:

"Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they've made a difference. The Marines don't have that problem".

I'll put my tail between my legs and move on, I was wrong and I truly apologize for that.

Message 13 of 29
MarineVietVet
Moderator Emeritus

Mustanglvr2006 wrote:

I'll put my tail between my legs and move on, I was wrong and I truly apologize for that.

I would probably be shocked if I went back through older posts and read all the times I've been "less than correct" about something.  Smiley Tongue

From a BK years ago to:

Message 14 of 29
Anonymous
Not applicable

I think it is a harder to get card and more then just score is factored in but I believe it is recommended to have a 750+ score to qualify. That is based on research I've done on getting approved for this card.

Message 15 of 29
Anonymous
Not applicable

@MarineVietVet wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

I would probably be shocked if I went back through older posts and read all the times I've been "less than correct" about something.  Smiley Tongue

From a BK years ago to:

Thanks for the support, I know this is not the first time I've been wrong, but I'd love for it to be the last (highly unlikely tho Smiley Tongue)

Message 16 of 29
CreditCrusader
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

There ya go, I was wrong, just goes to show no matter how much research one does, it can be very undependable.

i apologize for giving inaccurate info, I strive VERY hard to give accurate info when I reply to someones question, but, sometimes I am wrong.

It's all good...I have come to the conclusion that this is all YMMV. I was approved for Barclay with a 616 TU FICO, yet others with 700+ scores weren't. I have seen people with 625 EQ FICOs get Discovers.

All that having been said, I'd give anything to be you - wrong in this one, isolated instance, but sitting with 800s - than me in the credit world right now Smiley Wink

In my wallet: Apple $5,000, local CU $15,000, Bread AMEX $5,000. In my sock drawer: A few other cards Smiley Happy

Current scores (EQ, EX, TU): 787, 788, 796
Message 17 of 29
Anonymous
Not applicable

@CreditCrusader wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

There ya go, I was wrong, just goes to show no matter how much research one does, it can be very undependable.

i apologize for giving inaccurate info, I strive VERY hard to give accurate info when I reply to someones question, but, sometimes I am wrong.

It's all good...I have come to the conclusion that this is all YMMV. I was approved for Barclay with a 616 TU FICO, yet others with 700+ scores weren't. I have seen people with 625 EQ FICOs get Discovers.

All that having been said, I'd give anything to be you - wrong in this one, isolated instance, but sitting with 800s - than me in the credit world right now Smiley Wink

I believe you hit the nail on the head with that statement, I've been reading posts here lately where people are getting approved for Prime cards with sub 700 FICOS, negatives on their reports etc.... and getting super high CL's, so I should have known better to make the statement I made.

You will be where I am score wise, just keep on keeping on.

Thank you for your reply, I appreciate it very much.

Message 18 of 29
mxp114
Valued Contributor

I'm glad for approvals, but am surprised to hear of sub-700 approvals for prime cards. Like the guy that was approved for a $6000 Citi Platinum Select card with a 635. I guess the prime lenders are now softening the criteria to qualify for card products.

Message 19 of 29
Anonymous
Not applicable

@mxp114 wrote:

I'm glad for approvals, but am surprised to hear of sub-700 approvals for prime cards. Like the guy that was approved for a $6000 Citi Platinum Select card with a 635. I guess the prime lenders are now softening the criteria to qualify for card products.

Wasn't there two posts recently where two dif members with pretty low scores and IIRC negatives on their reports being approved for a NFCU CC with CL's of 15K+

I've said it before and I'll say it again, nothing surprises me anymore when it comes to CCC's and thier approval standards, it's all a YMMV like CreditCrusader said.

Message 20 of 29
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.