Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase Sapphire Preferred APP

tag
HoahCredit
Regular Contributor

Re: Chase Sapphire Preferred APP

Well,

I've joined this forum while ago and I’m happy I did so. The reason why I joined it was 'cause I wanted to learn more about the credit system and, most importantly, better my credit. I have worked very hard for my credit by always paying on time, applying to CCs only when needed, etc.

Now, most post, comments, on this forum are very good and to the point but some others are just so hard to believe. For instance, I read that somebody got approved for an Amex with a 623 credit score and I don't think that is true. I also read other similar post in which people have applied to the Chase Sapphire card, having bad credit, and were approved as well which is also hard to believe and as a matter of a fact I don't believe.

I think what I am trying to say is that no all we read here is true or honest yet many postings are and thanks to those postings we all, in this community as well as outside of it, can learn thus having a better chance to accomplish or dreams and/or meet our needs.

!!!! I'm on gardening mode !!!!

EQ FICO 779; TU FICO 783; EX FAKO 821
In my wallet: USAA AMEX, USAA World MasterCard,Service Credit Union Platinum Visa, Chase MasterCard, Chase Sapphire Preferred, Discover More Card, American Express Gold, American Express Platinum, Chase Continental One Pass

Message 21 of 29
aftermath
Established Contributor

During the credit crunch of 2008-2009, yes, there were strict criterias for getting approved for certain cards, and the creditors followed these criterias to the T and unfortunately people still spread information based on approval criterias from back during that period.

But the truth of the matter is, these creditors lost so much business denying everyone credit; now that the economy has somewhat recovered, they are being a lot more lenient and letting people who usually miss their minimum qualifications cut off slip by.

Just look at the cards in my sig below, all approved in 2010-2011after being denied Capital One during 2008-2009 and my scores have always hovered in the high 600's - low 700's.

American Express Blue Cash Everyday $6600
Barclays US Airways Premier World Mastercard $14500
Chase Sapphire Preferred $5000
Chase Freedom Visa $1000
Chase United Explorer $8500
Citi AAdvantage Platinum Select Visa Signature $7500
Citi ThankYou Premier World Mastercard $7500
Message 22 of 29
HoahCredit
Regular Contributor

aftermath,

you are probably right but I don't think someone who has a credit score of 621, as i read in one post, can get approve for an american express.

In my wallet: USAA AMEX, USAA World MasterCard,Service Credit Union Platinum Visa, Chase MasterCard, Chase Sapphire Preferred, Discover More Card, American Express Gold, American Express Platinum, Chase Continental One Pass

Message 23 of 29
aftermath
Established Contributor

I have heard of people getting approved for the Zync card with a probationay hard limit of $200-$500 or with a secured deposit with their bank with sub 600 scores.

Chase Freedom Visa $1000
Message 24 of 29
HoahCredit
Regular Contributor

It's possible.... btw, is the barclays US Airways Premier World MasterCard a good card?

Message 25 of 29
aftermath
Established Contributor

I just got it for the signup bonus.  Besides that, it just sits in my sock drawer.

Chase Freedom Visa $1000
Message 26 of 29
HoahCredit
Regular Contributor

ah OK.

Message 27 of 29
Anonymous
Not applicable

People get amex golds with 620ish FICOs.

Message 28 of 29
clocktick
Valued Contributor

Supposedly.  I think people put their (FAKO) scores here, interchangeably, with FICO - it drives me batty.  Smiley Very Happy

11/30/08 TU 648 EX 672 EQ 656 SEPT 2014 TU 787 EX 789 EQ ???
Amex BCP $24.1K/Clear $8.5- Sallie Mae $27.5 -Cap One QS $7.5 - Chase Freedom $7.5/United $5k/CSP $20k/Ink- Citi DP $9.5/Dividend $13k/HHHx2 $15k/16.4/Reserve $4.5k Best Buy $1940 HD $1701- Discover IT $15k - Elan $8k GEMB Lowes $20k - Macy's $2k - Kohl's $800

Starting Score: 648
Current Score: 736
Goal Score: 765

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Message 29 of 29
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.