Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase Sapphire Preferred Annual Fee

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Chase Sapphire Preferred Annual Fee

OP, it's probably time to submit a complaint to CFPB if you haven't done so.With sufficient proof showing the offer you applied for, I don't see why the CFPB wouldn't be able to correct it for you.

If you can find the hard copy disclosure, definitely make a digital scan/photo and add it to the case. I did check my home and my Chase Sapphire Reserve welcome package does include this disclosure:

IMAG3243.jpg

I would be surprised if they didn't include it in yours.

For anyone else with CSP, does yours mention the $0 intro annual fee in the disclosure?

Message 21 of 49
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

OP, it's probably time to submit a complaint to CFPB if you haven't done so.With sufficient proof showing the offer you applied for, I don't see why the CFPB wouldn't be able to correct it for you.

If you can find the hard copy disclosure, definitely make a digital scan/photo and add it to the case. I did check my home and my Chase Sapphire Reserve welcome package does include this disclosure:

IMAG3243.jpg

I would be surprised if they didn't include it in yours.

For anyone else with CSP, does yours mention the $0 intro annual fee in the disclosure?

I agree that if you have this, the case is very strong indeed.    Whereas screenshots of the app, against a disbelieving issuer, prove nothing.  

If you can't find your disclosure, ask Chase to send a copy.   It would be interesting to see if they really have a 50K $95 version

Message 22 of 49
Anonymous
Not applicable

Chase Sapphire Prefered issue

I applied online for a Chase Sapphire Prefered card and was approved.  I applied directly from the Chase website after seeing the offer for 50,000 bonus points and no anual fee for the first year.  I received my card several days later in the mail and logged onto the Chase website and I saw that they had charged me the $95 annual fee.  Confused about this I called Chase and was told they did not have the power to remove the fee and said the application code on their end showed that the fee would be charged.  I asked to speak with a manager who said they would escalate the issue.

Today I received a voice mail from Chase again saying they could do nothing to remove the fee have a nice day etc.  Is there anything at all I can do about this?  The application link I used was directly from the Chase website and clearly showed no annual fee for the first year.  This has kind of left me with a bad taste in my mouth regarding Chase and may just cancel the card.  I haven't even activated it yet.

Thanks.

Message 23 of 49
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

Re: Chase Sapphire Prefered issue

Wow, same issue as discussed recently in this thread:

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit-Cards/Chase-Sapphire-Preferred-Annual-Fee/m-p/5214536#M153736...

Sounds like Chase may have a problem in its systems.  

Message 24 of 49
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

@longtimelurker wrote:

Wow, same issue as discussed recently in this thread:

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit-Cards/Chase-Sapphire-Preferred-Annual-Fee/m-p/5214536#M153736...

Sounds like Chase may have a problem in its systems.  

The question is whether YOU are getting the 60K UR offer.   The other poster wasn't.

Message 25 of 49
Anonymous
Not applicable

Nope, when I spoke to customer service they told me I'd only be getting the 50,000 bonus and paying the $95 fee.  I knew about the 60,000 bonus with the fee, but made sure I specifically used the offer link with no annual fee.

Message 26 of 49
Anonymous
Not applicable

I just had this exact same issue happen to me.  I didn't see this post so I had created my own.  Applied directly from the Chase website using the link for the 50k bonus and zero annual fee, several days later I was hit with the $95 fee.  Chase absolutely refuses to waive the fee and states that the "application code" associated with my account shows I will be charged a $95 fee.

*Edit*

I said hell with it, and decided to submitt a complaint to the CFPB.

Message 27 of 49
nrm
Frequent Contributor

Seriously and personally, I am not surprised with what Chase is doing recently.
Message 28 of 49
Anonymous
Not applicable

Truly, everyone, thank you for all of your help. I don't think that I received a disclosure agreement from chase. I have ordered a new one. I will see what it says when I get it. 

Re: Rakuun535: this is very bad for a company to behave in this manner. At least I'm not the only person this happened to. Please keep me posted on the CFPB complaint.

Message 29 of 49
Anonymous
Not applicable

@nrm wrote:
Seriously and personally, I am not surprised with what Chase is doing recently.

After reading the other thread, I ended up submitting a complaint to the CFPB.

Message 30 of 49
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.