Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase Sapphire Preferred Annual Fee

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Chase Sapphire Preferred Annual Fee

@Anonymous wrote:

Truly, everyone, thank you for all of your help. I don't think that I received a disclosure agreement from chase. I have ordered a new one. I will see what it says when I get it. 

Re: Rakuun535: this is very bad for a company to behave in this manner. At least I'm not the only person this happened to. Please keep me posted on the CFPB complaint.

I too just requested my disclosure agreement from Chase.  I absolutely made certain that the link I used to apply showed $0 annual fee for the first year.  This is seriously a shaddy practice.

This screenshot is exactly what I used to apply.

Screenshot

Message 31 of 49
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Chase Sapphire Preferred Annual Fee

Two threads on the same subject have been merged into one.
Message 32 of 49
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Chase Sapphire Prefered issue

I haven’t been charged
Message 33 of 49
Anonymous
Not applicable

I apped for the 50K on 24th of March, my agreemnt says AF $0 intro fee first year. After that, $95.

And no charge on the accnt as of yet. So i think I'm fine. But I feel for those who have had issues with being charged. There must be a crack somewhere.

Message 34 of 49
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
I know I might sound crazy or repetitive but try this while waiting on the CFPB complaint to come back.

Login to your Chase Account. Go to SM Center. Create a new SM under the specific card and reason is Account Inquiry. Ask if they'll match the 60k offer. Since it's a new SM a new rep will read it and may honor it. Explain you have no issue paying the AF (since it's already been charged) with the 60k bonus. It may work it may not I know with CFPB complints it generally takes at least 3 days for a response.

They're usually very good about offer matching and your situation seems to fit the criteria for the 60k offer so idk why they wouldn't match it.

That's an interesting idea but I would be concerned it weakens the case for CFPB investigation.    "If you are asking for a match to the 60K offer, which has no waive of the AF, that must mean you KNOW you applied for the 50K with no waive of the AF".   If it works, fine, but if it doesn't things might be worse.   As the posters have contacted CFPB, I would let that run its course.

Message 35 of 49
Anonymous
Not applicable

Today I got a call from an executive at Chase Cardmember Services.  They said they were calling regarding my complaint to the CFPB and were currently "researching" my concerns and would contact me by phone and email when they were finished.  At least now they know it is an issue and won't brush it under the carpet.

Message 36 of 49
Gregory1776
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Today I got a call from an executive at Chase Cardmember Services.  They said they were calling regarding my complaint to the CFPB and were currently "researching" my concerns and would contact me by phone and email when they were finished.  At least now they know it is an issue and won't brush it under the carpet.

Best of luck. Annoying Chase has to be so stingy/PITA.....even if it is just $95 bucks..

Message 37 of 49
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Gregory1776 wrote:

@Anonymous

Best of luck. Annoying Chase has to be so stingy/PITA.....even if it is just $95 bucks..

No kidding.  Both the customer support rep and the manager flat out refused to waive the fee as if I was asking them to commit a felony or something.

Message 38 of 49
UncleB
Credit Mentor

@Anonymous wrote:
Maybe if you mention to the executive services team when they call/email you that you'd be amicable (open) to accepting the 60k UR it would be a lot easier than trying to pry back the $95 AF.

For some reason it seems to be easier to get something new in return than to get back something they've taken. There's red tape with Annual Fees which is why I mention asking simply for the 60k which was available.

Honestly I would advice against this now that the complaint has been filed; it will be best to ask for exactly what was initially promised, no more, no less. 

Any deviation could lead to doubt of the original claim.  If his ducks are in a row (and it sounds like they are) then getting the claim resolved as requested shouldn't be an issue anyway.

Message 39 of 49
Anonymous
Not applicable

UPDATE

I was called back this afternoon by a representative from Chase.  He told me that in response to the CFPB complaint they are going to do a "one time account courtesy waiver" of the annual fee.  He again tried to tell me the application I submitted included the code for the annual fee.  I informed him that I was not the only one with this issue and there have been reports on myFICO forums that it is happening to others as well.  He told me he was thankful for the information, but the tone of his voice told me otherwise.  He did appologize and I stated that it shouldn't have taken talking to a customer service representative, a manager and then finally a report to the CFPB to resolve this issue.

At least I was able to get the fee dropped, but they really wanted to keep pushing that the application "code" on their end showed the annual fee would be charged.

Message 40 of 49
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.