Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase Sapphire Preferred Approval Offer

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Chase Sapphire Preferred Approval Offer

Just approved for this little baby with a $30K credit line. I'm trying to spend everything and i mean EVERYTHING on this little gem to try to make my $4K in 3 months to qualify for that rather rich looking initial offer. I mean, I'm paying for my cable, my internet, groceries, gas,... Had an awful thought. These guys have a uniform statement date on the 14th of the month and I just received my card the very end of the month. Are we talking a full 3 months to get my $4K on it, or is it the first 3 statements (including only half a month)?! Any advice appreciated.

Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
RonM21
Valued Contributor

Re: Chase Sapphire Preferred Approval Offer

That is a nice SL, congrats. I would think you should get the full 3 months anyway. I didn't know there was a uniform statement date with them. If nothing else, I'd call and ask, just to be sure.

Total CL: $321.7kUTL: 2%AAoA: 7.0yrsBaddies: 0Other: Lease, Loan, *No Mortgage, All Inq's from Jun '20 Car Shopping

BoA-55k | NFCU-45k | AMEX-42k | DISC-40.6k | PENFED-38.4k | LOWES-35k | ALLIANT-25k | CITI-15.7k | BARCLAYS-15k | CHASE-10k

Message 2 of 10
Chaselover
Frequent Contributor

It is exact 3 months from account opening date, regardless of statement dates. Also note: account opening date is earlier than the actual day you receive the card in the mail.

In a committed relationship with Chase from 12/2012.
Age: 26, Income: $59,240/-, Current score: TU from CK: 750/A (12/24/14), TU Vantage score from CK: 775/C (12/24/14), Experian from Creditsesame: 717, Equifax from myfico: 724, Overall Util: 1% (12/24/14), Total credit limits: $62,150, In the garden from 12/19/2014, AAoA : 7 months, Oldest account: 8 months, Newest account: 1 week, HP: 18.
Message 3 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

The above poster is fear mongering. Send Chase a secure message to ask what the deadline is. They give a very generous buffer period. I guarantee the deadline would be later than you'd expect. Chase's deadline is closer to 115 days than 90
Message 4 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Technically it is 90 days from account opening. But if you miss it, you can always call or send a SM. I find Chase to be very forgiving on signup bonuses. Just make sure the request is reasonable. When I applied for my CSP, the bonus was still 40,000 points. A month later it was raised to 50,000. I sent a SM and wondered if there was anything that could be done. I knew I'd applied under a different bonus, so I wasn't expecting anything, I was just feeling bummed out for missing a better deal. They let me know it was no problem and that I should just send another message when I hit the $4k. I did, and an extra 10,000 point bonus showed up shortly afterwards.

So try to meet the deadline. If you don't think you're going to make it, send a message ahead of time. If they can't do anything, you'll be forewarned (and if you have to overspend a little, a small interest payment is worth it to get that bonus).

Now if we were talking about American Express... You'd probably be SOL there.

Message 5 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

I don't know exactly what you mean by uniform statement date but I assure you not everyone's statement date is the 14th if that is what you mean.

Message 6 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

My CSP's statement closes on the 9th of each month.

Message 7 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks all.  Maybe it's just my payment due date.  But I can tell you I was aprroved a week or more ago & only got the card yesterday.  So, if we're going by statements, I've been shorted a couple weeks.

And don't get me going on AMEX... Please ;-)

AMEX is at the top of a list of companies with whom I will never do business again in this lifetime or any other.  It's a very short list!

Message 8 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

The date starts from your approval day. The extra 50,000 points is a great offer so do make sure to hit your spending requirment! 

Message 9 of 10
Chaselover
Frequent Contributor

Also regarding statement dates, if 14th does not work for you, you can just go to Chase make a payment page and it gives you an option to change the statement date. its real easy to do that.

and +1 on what 12velectronics said, no way should u be missing that 50k. even if u have to make a few unnecessary purchases and may have to pay interest for a couple months. coz 50k UR easily offsets those interests that u pay.

Little curious to know about ur Amex experience. other than the not helpful and non-understanding Indians in the call centers, I have had a great experience with Amex.

In a committed relationship with Chase from 12/2012.
Age: 26, Income: $59,240/-, Current score: TU from CK: 750/A (12/24/14), TU Vantage score from CK: 775/C (12/24/14), Experian from Creditsesame: 717, Equifax from myfico: 724, Overall Util: 1% (12/24/14), Total credit limits: $62,150, In the garden from 12/19/2014, AAoA : 7 months, Oldest account: 8 months, Newest account: 1 week, HP: 18.
Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.