Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase Sapphire Preferred Approval?

tag
KS13
Established Member

Re: Chase Sapphire Preferred Approval?

Thanks for the warm welcome! 

Yeah I was thinking about waiting a month as well, this way the other inquiry on my EXperian report will also fall off, leaving only 3 inquries and it seems Chase pulled EXperian Report last time when I got denied for the Freedom card in October 2012. 

I'm currently a student so I always report my father's income ($60,000) and report his business (he's self-employed) so I include myself "self-employed" on the application. 

Message 11 of 36
ryanbush
Valued Contributor

@KS13 wrote:

Yeah I was thinking about waiting a month as well, this way the other inquiry on my EXperian report will also fall off, leaving only 3 inquries and it seems Chase pulled EXperian Report last time when I got denied for the Freedom card in October 2012. 

I'm currently a student so I always report my father's income ($60,000) and report his business (he's self-employed) so I include myself "self-employed" on the application. 

What you are doing is illegal, I would assume that on recon when they asked you where you're income is from they would shut you down as soon as you say your fathers income, they might also close any other cards you have with them.  Sorry if I seem so negatice but what you are doing is wrong and if you get caught it could ruin your credit for quite a while as well as get you black listed with your current creditors

Chase Sapphire Perferred | Chase Freedom | AMEX Platinum | AMEX Delta Platinum | AMEX SPG | Capital One Venture | Capital One Quicksliver | Discover IT | ABFCU Visa | Citi AA WEMC
Message 12 of 36
ryanbush
Valued Contributor

@swpopham wrote:

my experience with the line " ive reccomeneded it but the next level will have to approve it" means denial.... Ive had it go 2 ways. UW approves it and card is on the way. Delays it by above line and denied everytime. Me- my wife and like 5 people from the "OTHER" board

As an FYI I called back in to check the application status, was transfered over to their verification department and after answering a few questions I was approved for 5k and the card will be overnighted to me!!!  You guys have no idea what this means to me.... 

Chase Sapphire Perferred | Chase Freedom | AMEX Platinum | AMEX Delta Platinum | AMEX SPG | Capital One Venture | Capital One Quicksliver | Discover IT | ABFCU Visa | Citi AA WEMC
Message 13 of 36
youngandcreditwrthy
Senior Contributor

Being an AU is like cheating lol but I def have added my 13 year old sis on like 5 or so of my higher limit cards ;-)

Good luck!
Marriott PR$25k | BCE $24.5K |BankAmericard Visa $25k| BOA Better Bal $17.5k |Wmt Discover $12.5k | BR Visa $17.5k | Amex Delta Gold $10k | Discover IT $10k | Paypal Extras MC $15k | Amazon Store $10k|Smile Gen $7.25k | Dillard's $10k | West Elm $4k| Express $3.05K | Mypoints.com Visa $4.5k | Freedom Visa $1k| Amex Surpass $1k
Message 14 of 36
ryanbush
Valued Contributor

@youngandcreditwrthy wrote:
Being an AU is like cheating lol but I def have added my 13 year old sis on like 5 or so of my higher limit cards ;-)

Good luck!

I thought about adding my 15yo bro to my AMEX or now my CSP card... lucky kid

Message 15 of 36
KS13
Established Member

@ryanbush wrote:

@KS13 wrote:

What you are doing is illegal, I would assume that on recon when they asked you where you're income is from they would shut you down as soon as you say your fathers income, they might also close any other cards you have with them.  Sorry if I seem so negatice but what you are doing is wrong and if you get caught it could ruin your credit for quite a while as well as get you black listed with your current creditors

I obviously do work there since it is only my Father and I, and no other employees. Its just I never have listed on any forms that he is my employer. 

Message 16 of 36
ryanbush
Valued Contributor

ok, I don't think Chase verifies income like AMEX does but if you didn't actually make that much money yourself and you list it as income you are still potentionally breaking the law. 

Message 17 of 36
Anonymous
Not applicable

@ryanbush wrote:

@KS13 wrote:

Are you serious? No offense, but that is a bunch of BS. I know for a fact, that many people do this (reporting household income, instead of their own), and if it were such a "bad" and "illegal" act, credit card companies would be very strict on this.

A friend of mine is a Manager at Chase, and he says that credit card companies honestly don't even verify income unless they are you are applying for a credit line greater than $30,000. They will not "blacklist you", or burn you, the worst that can happen is that they will ask for a copy of your w-2 tax and if they don't receive it they will just ignore your application, and that's only if they see your credit score and report don't seem like you are credit worthy.

Message 18 of 36
ryanbush
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@ryanbush wrote:

@KS13 wrote:

Are you serious? No offense, but that is a bunch of BS. I know for a fact, that many people do this (reporting household income, instead of their own), and if it were such a "bad" and "illegal" act, credit card companies would be very strict on this.

A friend of mine is a Manager at Chase, and he says that credit card companies honestly don't even verify income unless they are you are applying for a credit line greater than $30,000. They will not "blacklist you", or burn you, the worst that can happen is that they will ask for a copy of your w-2 tax and if they don't receive it they will just ignore your application, and that's only if they see your credit score and report don't seem like you are credit worthy.

Yes I am serious, It is a Felony to lie on a load application....  and yes if they find out you lied after they have already opened up your accounts they will close them, mayby or maybe no blacklist you but do you expect to be able to open an account with them again if you got caught lieing to them?

Message 19 of 36
Shogun
Moderator Emeritus

It is always the best policy to be honest on the applications.  I never include my DW's income on my apps, and she doesn't include mine on hers.  This just seems to be a no brainer to me.  

Starting Score: 504
July 2013 score:
EQ FICO 819, TU08 778, EX "806 lender pull 07/26/2013
Goal Score: All Scores 760+, Newest goal 800+
Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Current scores after adding $81K in CLs and 2 new cars since July 2013
EQ:809 TU 777 EX 790 Now it's just garden time!

June 2017 update: All scores over 820, just pure gardening now.
Message 20 of 36
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.