Chase Sapphire Preferred Auto CLI?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Chase Sapphire Preferred Auto CLI?

@Anonymous wrote:

takeshi74 wrote

Answered above but there's a sticky for this:

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit-Cards/Closing-Credit-Cards/m-p/347190?jump=true

thank you for the information. I understand the utilization % portion, but I do have a quick question regarding closed accounts that i'm not quite sure I fully understand yet.

If I have three credit cards: card A, card B, and card C. card B is opened 5 years after card A and card C is open 2 years after card B (7 years after card A). If I closed card B, after the ten years mark, my AAoA should be the same since card A and card C are still open?

This is assuming that the AAoA takes the oldest card and the newest card to make an average in which case, losing the history of any cards in between shouldn't hurt your score. is this correct?

Closed accounts still factor into AAoA while closed. Your AAoA only changes when a new account is opened, or when a closed account stops reporting, which is usually 10 years after it was closed.

Message 21 of 25
Closingracer99
Valued Contributor

@sunkissed wrote:

I’ve received Chase auto-CLIs after nearly maxing out the card and paying in full.  You could try to coax an increase out that way.

I had mine close to maxed out when I was going for the Bonus and my limit is $5,000 and got no cli Smiley Sad

Did pay in full before the statement cut

My Cards: Amex BCE: $9,000, Amex Hilton HHonors: $2,000, Amex ED: $12,000, Barclays NFL extra points: $3,000, Bank of America MLB cash rewards: $17,000, BBVA compass NBA Amex triple double rewards: $17,000, Chase Amazon: $1,000, Chase Freedom: $9,000, Chase Sapphire: $5,000, Chase Slate: $5,000, Chase Disney: $4,000, Citi Double Cash: $5,400, Citi AA plat: $5,500, Citi Simplicity: $3,000, Citi Thank you preferred: $8,800, Capital one GM: $2,000, Capital one PlayStation: $3,000, Gamestop: $1,150, Amazon Store: $5,000, Ebay MasterCard: $5,000, American Eagle Storecard: $750, Macy's: $500
EX: 744, TU:750, EQ: 740
Message 22 of 25
sunkissed
Established Contributor

@Closingracer99 wrote:

@sunkissed wrote:

I’ve received Chase auto-CLIs after nearly maxing out the card and paying in full.  You could try to coax an increase out that way.

I had mine close to maxed out when I was going for the Bonus and my limit is $5,000 and got no cli Smiley Sad

Did pay in full before the statement cut

I PIF after statement cut. I don't worry about reporting a balance with Chase if I plan to PIF because they always send an out-of-cycle update when you bring the balance down to zero.

NFCU Flagship $32K | NFCU Cashrewards $42K | Discover IT $39K | SECU Visa $20K | Chase SW $24k | CSR $15K | Chase Bonvoy $11.5K | Chase Freedom $11.5K | Chase Amazon Visa 8.5K | AMEX Bonvoy $18.1K | AMEX Hilton Surpass $15K | AMEX Hilton Aspire $24.4K | AMEX Gold | Aviator Red $16K | Uber Visa 10k | Citi TY Premier $24.6K | BoA Premium Rewards 35k | BoA Cash Rewards Visa $31.5k | BoA Cash Rewards MC $23k | US Bank Cash+ $10k | USAA AMEX $6K | Cap1QS $11K | BJs MC $27.6K | Walmart MC $5.1K | Loft MC $25,000 | Macy’s Store/Amex $20K/$1K | BR Visa $10K | JCP $1K | VS $3.2K | Home Depot $5K | Lowes $8.5K | Target $14.5k
Message 23 of 25
Anonymous
Not applicable

i recently just got a CLI from chase. my card had just made 6 months and i was constantly reaching the limit and paying it off BEFORE the closing date.

Message 24 of 25
Anonymous
Not applicable

Check out the other thread here -- Chase now doing double pull for CLI request.  Smiley Sad

Message 25 of 25
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.