Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase Sapphire Preferred Auto CLI?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Chase Sapphire Preferred Auto CLI?

@sunkissed wrote:

I’ve received Chase auto-CLIs after nearly maxing out the card and paying in full.  You could try to coax an increase out that way.

I tend to believe this theory in my recent Chase unrequested CLI that they gave me on my Ritz card.  I hit that card quite heavy and always PIF, so who knows.

Message 11 of 25
lsutigers
Contributor

I've never gotten an increase from freedom or slate. Had slate for almost 2 years with a $500 limit and freedom $4000 limit. Tried calling today to move tradeline from slate to freedom she said she couldn't do that .....????
Message 12 of 25
Santi78342
Established Contributor

@lsutigers wrote:
I've never gotten an increase from freedom or slate. Had slate for almost 2 years with a $500 limit and freedom $4000 limit. Tried calling today to move tradeline from slate to freedom she said she couldn't do that .....????

Usually, with Chase, you can move all but $500 of your credit limit over to another card. In this case, since your limit is only $500, I don't think they will do it. 

I think I've read here in the past that if you don't use the card for 30 days at a $0 balance they will move the line over. Don't quote me on that though and hopefully someone can confirm or deny that. 

Message 13 of 25
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@Santi78342 wrote:

@lsutigers wrote:

Usually, with Chase, you can move all but $500 of your credit limit over to another card. In this case, since your limit is only $500, I don't think they will do it. 

I think I've read here in the past that if you don't use the card for 30 days at a $0 balance they will move the line over. Don't quote me on that though and hopefully someone can confirm or deny that. 

If the CL is only $500, they will not move CL.  However, if the CL is >$500, the entire CL can be moved provided no activity (payments or otherwise) has occured on that card for at least 1-2 billing cycles.

Message 14 of 25
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@lsutigers wrote:

@Anonymous explained above, they will not reallocate any CL @ $500.

Message 15 of 25
lsutigers
Contributor

Thanks for the explanation!
Message 16 of 25
Anonymous
Not applicable

if someone opens a new Chase CC account and then transfer the funds over to an older Chase credit card account, then closes the new account after 6+ months, it shouldn't hurt the AAoA, right?

I mean the AAoA would be hurt initially when the new account opens, but if the new account is cloese after 7 months, the AAoA should go back up? I would assumed that the AAoA wouldn't include a "closed" account. is this correct?

Message 17 of 25
Man-Of-Steel
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

if someone opens a new Chase CC account and then transfer the funds over to an older Chase credit card account, then closes the new account after 6+ months, it shouldn't hurt the AAoA, right?

I mean the AAoA would be hurt initially when the new account opens, but if the new account is cloese after 7 months, the AAoA should go back up? I would assumed that the AAoA wouldn't include a "closed" account. is this correct?

Closed accounts are included in your AAoA.

Message 18 of 25
takeshi74
Senior Contributor

@bspitt wrote:

I don't want another HP on my credit by requesting a CLI, but is there a general rule of thumb when it comes to auto CLI with Chase or will I die waiting? Anything that can generally trigger it or is it just a random thing?

Definitely not random.  The only rule of thumb is that your credit and income determine the CLI's you qualify for and that applies to any creditor.  CLI's are not simply exchanged for time or based solely on usage.  Many seem to be unable to get auto CLI's or even requested CLI's with Chase but people do get them.  I've never received an auto CLI in the past 2 years but my wife has received several (and she does not max out her card -- she is typically at about 10%).  YMMV.

@Anonymous wrote:

Answered above but there's a sticky for this:

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit-Cards/Closing-Credit-Cards/m-p/347190?jump=true

Message 19 of 25
Anonymous
Not applicable

takeshi74 wrote

Answered above but there's a sticky for this:

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit-Cards/Closing-Credit-Cards/m-p/347190?jump=true

thank you for the information. I understand the utilization % portion, but I do have a quick question regarding closed accounts that i'm not quite sure I fully understand yet.

If I have three credit cards: card A, card B, and card C. card B is opened 5 years after card A and card C is open 2 years after card B (7 years after card A). If I closed card B, after the ten years mark, my AAoA should be the same since card A and card C are still open?

This is assuming that the AAoA takes the oldest card and the newest card to make an average in which case, losing the history of any cards in between shouldn't hurt your score. is this correct?

Message 20 of 25
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.