cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase Sapphire Preferred: Best way to get approved?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Chase Sapphire Preferred: Best way to get approved?

Chase doubled my freedom CL after 2 months so it depends.  The shared secured loan is a great idea but I do not agree with paying it down to 9% immediately.  Pay it down to 29% and then made a couple of payments to bring it down to less than 9%, then apply.  Considering you pay off your debt.

Message 11 of 13
Imperfectfuture
Super Contributor

@myjourney wrote:

Another option until you can get score (EX) up which is to low currently 

Would be to increase funds on Cap1 secured to about 4-5K until you app for CSP 

This way you have a card with rewards showing average 5k limit area and has no FTF for usage 

Welcome back (long time no see). 

Back on topic, folks with your income have been approved for the Chas Sapphire Reserve, which you might want for reimbursable travel.  Definitely wait for clean reports.

Signature needs updating
Message 12 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for all the replies guys! Very helpful on my journey towards getting a higher credit score and getting better cards!

@SGTtar:  What was your limit on the Chase Freedom before the CL if you don't mind me asking? Was it automatic or did you have to request for one?

Also for the shared secured loan, would that work with any credit unions?

Most likely I'll just sit tight and fix the collection on my account, let my scores get higher, no new apps and maaaaaaaaybe possiiibly, if all goes well I will apply for Chase Sapphire Reserve, but only if my report looks good. If I get denied for that then I'll just see if I can get the Chase Sapphire Preferred. Thanks everyone!

Message 13 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.