Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase Sapphire Preferred Bill Question

tag
s_rob7488
Regular Contributor

Chase Sapphire Preferred Bill Question

Just got my CSP card last week and have of course used it a few times and will have a balance to pay. Online it says right now that my payment due date is 5/22/12 but I had requested for the due date to be on the 5th of the month when I called to have the card activated. It says that the minimum payment due is $0.00...question would be will it automatically change the due date that I had set or will I need to call and have it changed again and does it matter when I pay (will PIF)? I know I had read that some people paid twice in one month or something like that and it wasn't good...(don't quote me on that as I have extremely poor memory :-) ) Last question (sorry for all the questions) If I prefer to charge a bit and do want to make a payment and then charge some more and pay a total of more than once per billing cycle is that bad? Just want to make sure...

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Vesey

Re: Chase Sapphire Preferred Bill Question

The due date you requested should be effective next billing cycle. If not, you can call Chase, or you can wait after your first 60 days and submit the change online. If your billing period is longer than 30 days as a result of the due date change expect interest charges to acrue. I make multiple payments per month on all my credit cards, including Chase. Haven't had my wrist slapped yet.

Citi Platinum Select MC $4.1K / Discover $2.55K / Amex BCE $6K / Chase Amazon $5.4K / PenFed Platinum Rewards $2K / USAA Rate Advantage $4.5K / US Bank Cash+ $10K
Message 2 of 4
s_rob7488
Regular Contributor

I activated it on the 30th so I shouldn't have any interest charges. Glad to know I can pay multiple times. Thanks
Message 3 of 4
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

Don't worry about paying multiple times in one month. I've never once seen convincing evidence that this is a problem. Just pay with the current date, and then call and (politely) say "hey."
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.