Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase Sapphire Preferred Bonus new spending update

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Chase Sapphire Preferred Bonus new spending update

Just a heads up to everyone here about CSP and those who plan to applying for this card in the future. The current bonus they are offering now is 40k points for $3k spent within 3 months and that is going changed to 40k points for $4k spent within the first 3 months of account opening. My brother is a district manager for chase and told me about this. This is going to happen within the next 2 months i believe. Forgot the exact month he said that it was going to be in effect. 

Message 1 of 20
19 REPLIES 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Chase Sapphire Preferred Bonus new spending update

@Anonymous wrote:

Just a heads up to everyone here about CSP and those who plan to applying for this card in the future. The current bonus they are offering now is 40k points for $3k spent within 3 months and that is going changed to 40k points for $4k spent within the first 3 months of account opening. My brother is a district manager for chase and told me about this. This is going to happen within the next 2 months i believe. Forgot the exact month he said that it was going to be in effect. 

I plan on getting my mother signed up for this one before the jump.

Message 2 of 20
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Thanks for the info, but your brother (or Chase) probably aren't so keen on you posting this!

Message 3 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

true but if you think about it, they might have a spike in applications before the change whereas the new changes goes into effect and would not be enticing to new customers and theyll have a dip in applications. 

Message 4 of 20
wacdenney
Valued Contributor

I met my minimum spend today doing Christmas shopping.  Now the long wait for the bonus to post.  Still waiting on my AARP bonus to post...

Message 5 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

There was a post yesterday which stated this change will take place tomorrow

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit-Card-Applications/Minimum-spend-on-CSP-will-increase/td-p/363...

Message 6 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

A post yesterday stated this change would go into effect tomorrow

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit-Card-Applications/Minimum-spend-on-CSP-will-increase/td-p/363...

Message 7 of 20
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

true but if you think about it, they might have a spike in applications before the change whereas the new changes goes into effect and would not be enticing to new customers and theyll have a dip in applications. 

Companies rarely want plans revealed, and would rather people signed up for the $4k offer than a spike now I  would guess.   But still, good to know, if indeed the case.

Message 8 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

They COULD just leave it alone and see steady apps.

Message 9 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

Message 10 of 20
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.