Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase Sapphire Preferred Bonus new spending update

tag
AvadaKedavra
Established Contributor

Re: Chase Sapphire Preferred Bonus new spending update

@wacdenney wrote:

I met my minimum spend today doing Christmas shopping.  Now the long wait for the bonus to post.  Still waiting on my AARP bonus to post...

Chase ususally posts bonuses once the statement cuts if you meet spend. My AU made a purchase and I already see the 5K pending. My Freedom bonus also posted statement after I met spend.

Message 11 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

Looks like i was right. but instead of a month... it already happened. The 40k points bonus for $4k spent within 3 months is already in effect

Message 12 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

I wish I saw this post last week. I've been planning on getting this card for a while and now I'm going to wait until it drops back down.

Message 13 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

I wish I saw this post last week. I've been planning on getting this card for a while and now I'm going to wait until it drops back down.

Don't hold your breath. Smiley Indifferent

Message 14 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

You don't think it will at all?

Message 15 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

If I did, I wouldn't have pushed my closest relatives to sign up for it. Smiley Happy

Not to say they won't eventually run some kind of in-branch special once they see the drop in apps, but not anytime soon, No.

Message 16 of 20
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

If I did, I wouldn't have pushed my closest relatives to sign up for it. Smiley Happy

Not to say they won't eventually run some kind of in-branch special once they see the drop in apps, but not anytime soon, No.

Right, this isn't like a temp change in bonus.  Presumably they believe that requiring $4K may reduce those who just sign for the bonus (and get a little more in swipe fees from those that do anyway!)

Message 17 of 20
bndresa1321
Valued Member

Dang. I plan on applying for the CSP in a couple weeks. This won't deter me to wait, but I guess I'm going to have to put some volume into this thing over the next three months.

For those that are considering to try and wait it out, I doubt they would go back on it as a temporary change. People will still apply.
Credit Cards:
Capital One Platinum MC (11/2009) - $2K | Discover IT(07/2011) - $1.25K | GECRB Visa (07/2012) - $2.17K | Citi Dividend Visa (12/2012) - $4K | Chase Freedom Visa (12/2012) - $5K | AMEX BCP (11/2014) - $5K | Chase Sapphire Preferred Visa (12/2014) - $9K

Message 18 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

@bndresa1321 wrote:
Dang. I plan on applying for the CSP in a couple weeks. This won't deter me to wait, but I guess I'm going to have to put some volume into this thing over the next three months.

For those that are considering to try and wait it out, I doubt they would go back on it as a temporary change. People will still apply.

Buy some Ice cream.

Message 19 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

twoone wrote:

Just a heads up to everyone here about CSP and those who plan to applying for this card in the future. The current bonus they are offering now is 40k points for $3k spent within 3 months and that is going changed to 40k points for $4k spent within the first 3 months of account opening. My brother is a district manager for chase and told me about this. This is going to happen within the next 2 months i believe. Forgot the exact month he said that it was going to be in effect. 

Thanks for sharing!!

Message 20 of 20
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.