cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase Sapphire Preferred CLI Frequency from SL?

tag
jbross

Chase Sapphire Preferred CLI Frequency from SL?

Hey guys, I just got approved for a CSP but they started me off with their lowest limits at $5k. I plan on doing major spending on this card and paying it off in full every statement.

I was wondering when is the soonest I can request for a CLI? Does Chase have anything like the Amex 61 day 3x? I was planning on "overshooting" in about 3 months of heavy usage and ask for $15k and end up somewhere over $10k. Any insight would be much appreciated!

J

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Chase Sapphire Preferred CLI Frequency from SL?

You can request a CLI right away, however, do note that it is a hard pull.  If you request a CLI from Chase, it's always a hard pull, unfortunately.

Occasionally, Chase will give you a CLI without you having to ask for one, but when people get one tends to vary.

Message 2 of 7
jamesdwi
Valued Contributor

since the CSP is a signature card, if you plan on paying the card every month, you can basicly disreguard the credit limit, you will have an internal limit that will grow and possibly shrink based on your credit historty, card usage, and income. I would keep it under the CL for a few months and grow your spend slowly over a few months, If Chase likes it they will grow your internal limit and eventually the limit on your card. 

Cards: Chase Southwest 20k & CSR 17k & CSP 10k & FNBO 30k Oregon Duck 5k, & AMEX BCP 32.5k & Amex Magnet 15k&amg; Hilton Surpass 7.5k & Delta Gold 12k & Zync NPSL, Fidelity AMEX 17k Commerce5.9k & Cash Forward 7.5k & Sams Club MC 20k, Paypal Extras MC 10k, Paypal Credit 7.25k CapOne Venture 15k, QS 2.5k, QS 750, Amazon 10k, Walmart 10k, Citi Simplicity 18k, Discover IT 23k and a nice stack of store cards.
Landmarkcu Personal Loan 10k
Message 3 of 7
r34dy2fly
Contributor

Maybe my experience differs as this was a few years ago but when I originally app'ed and was approved for the CSP, I wasn't happy with my credit limit. I called their underwriting department and told them I was going to use it as my main card and asked if they can re-consider the limit. They reviewed my file for about 5 mins and came back with a $18000 limit over my original $10,000. No additional pull required.

Message 4 of 7
driftless
Valued Contributor

I had SP auto-CLI on my Chase cards (CSP & Freedom) between my 4th and 5th statements. I used my cards hard. Others on this board have had the same experience.
CSR | Amex Platinum | EDP | QS (2)
Amex Blue Business Plus
Message 5 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Also remember that chase signature cards are flexiabke spending cards. Which means your hard limit for revolving and carrying a balance is good up to your SL of 5k. Anything over 5k will have to be paid off in full st the time your statement cuts, and they don't charge an over limits fee for the signature cards- it's one of the perks. I have never personally even came close to going over my 6300 freedom signature or 10.3k CSP so not sure if you would have to call them to let them know.
Message 6 of 7
disdreamin
Valued Contributor

My Disney card from Chase was the one case where I've asked about a SP CLI and had it granted -it went up $10k with no pull. I've had the CSP for a while now, and so CLI so far.

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.