cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase Sapphire Preferred: Credit Limit?

tag
jausanka
Frequent Contributor

Re: Chase Sapphire Preferred: Credit Limit?

Personal experience:

Got Navy after Penfed, initial CL was 40% higher than Penfed.  It has since been raised to 200% of PenFed.

Got CSP after having Navy for 2 years, got a CL of ~30% of my NFCU, and 60% of my PenFed.

Message 11 of 13
RW771
Frequent Contributor

@CreditScholar wrote:

@JABacchetta wrote:

My income is $50k, self-employed. My credit profile is flawless with zero blemishes. FICO scores around 740 with 25% utilization and 3 inquiries. I don't plan on applying for at least 6 months, when inquiries fall off and utilization falls below 10%. I expect to have a FICO score of around 780 by then.

Account age is decent. 11 years oldest account, 4 years average account age.

With a profile like that I'm pretty sure you'd be accepted but for a lower CL than 12k. Especially if you don't have a prior relationship with Chase, I can't see them giving you a CL that high when your income is 50k.

I have a few cards through my employer that I'm an authorized cardholder with that started out with Chase for a few years and are now JPM. I never have had cards of my own with them but wonder if having them through work would help my chances of applying for a card with them? I had to fill out a credit app, provide my SS# etc, when I got the cards..they even have my name on them. Anyone know?

05/31/2013 672 EQ (Fico), 03/08/2012 697 TU (Fico)

Closed on my first home 12/07/11! Officially a homeowner, thanks to this forum!!!

Message 12 of 13
Open123
Super Contributor

I would think you have a pretty good shot of at least landing between $5k - $10k, if not more.

Message 13 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.