cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase Sapphire Preferred Customer Service rivaling AMEX!

tag
migo13
Contributor

Chase Sapphire Preferred Customer Service rivaling AMEX!

Was approved on Saturday, and wanted to get a jump start on earning the 40,000 points - hence I don't want to wait 7-10 business days.

Called in and a rep immediately picked up (no automated system!) and gave me her full name.

I told her that this card would be replacing my PRG as my primary spending card, and that when I originally got my PRG they overnighted it to me.

Without hesitation, she said "we can do that!" and after setting it up to be shipped via UPS asked if I needed help with my Freedom.

I declined, but now that I think of it I probably should have asked for a CLI or upgrade to a Visa Signature Freedom. Darn.

Anyways, great first experience.

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
kevinjjc
Valued Contributor

Re: Chase Sapphire Preferred Customer Service rivaling AMEX!

I agree, the Chase Sapphire Preferred customer service is excellent. I have an AmEx Blue Cash Preferred card, recently upgraded from an AmEx Blue Cash Everyday card, and have never been impressed with their customer service.

Message 2 of 9
eddie84
Valued Contributor

Yah, Amex CSR has been going down hill for a while now.  Had to call them the other day, got a guy in India.  I could hardly understand what he was saying albeit he was very pleasant and polite but still... 

Message 3 of 9
mikey78
Frequent Contributor

I wasn't really thrilled with Chase Freedom's Customer Service when i called to activate my card and asking for CLI
the rep didn't know if my CLI will be hard or soft pull and was willing to transfer me to someone else that could better answer my question
I was kinda getting agitated with her did not know reply but other then that she was friendly enough

but I was impressed with Discover IT real person answers right away
Bofa they seemed O.K from my POV

amex when i applied and tried to get recon the guy literally put me on hold for a really long time i literally went and took a shower while waiting and came back still on hold
I had the phone on speaker while i was showering t oknow if they will come back or not and i got disconnected when the officers closed or something

second time i called it was alittle better the guy went as far as telling me to fax my cr to media documents

Current score TU 708, EX 686 EQ 715
Status I.T.Garden Till 08/2014
Message 4 of 9
navigatethis12
Valued Contributor

I personally prefer an automated system. When they answer you still have to give them the card number and answer security questions anyway, so it's just like the automated system. I also don't like that with every other Chase card besides this one you can activate with a system; with the Preferred you must speak to a human.

Message 5 of 9
azguy13
Senior Contributor

Its like traveling first class I guess. You get the good CSR's when you get a preffered card. 

Message 6 of 9
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

@navigatethis12 wrote:

I personally prefer an automated system. When they answer you still have to give them the card number and answer security questions anyway, so it's just like the automated system. I also don't like that with every other Chase card besides this one you can activate with a system; with the Preferred you must speak to a human.

+1!   I was surprised to be connected to a human when I activated my card, I was multi-tasking and was expecting just to have to type in some numbers.  Unlike many, I didn't find this a plus at all.

I guess it depends how often and why you call CS.   I do it very rarely, mainly for activation, questions I tend to send through secure email to keep a record.  I do understand that many find phone trees annoying and would rather speak to a rep, but I (and maybe navigate!) would often rather not. (and can dial 0 when we do want to)

Message 7 of 9
rex_03
Contributor

The Sapphire, and the Sapphire preffered calls BOTH go to the same call center, but I WILL say that I'm very impressed more and more by Chase. They are a good overall product. I just added the Premier banking to my collection, and that'll add 10% dividend to my freedom card annually. Win for me..
Message 8 of 9
navigatethis12
Valued Contributor

@longtimelurker wrote:

+1!   I was surprised to be connected to a human when I activated my card, I was multi-tasking and was expecting just to have to type in some numbers.  Unlike many, I didn't find this a plus at all.

I guess it depends how often and why you call CS.   I do it very rarely, mainly for activation, questions I tend to send through secure email to keep a record.  I do understand that many find phone trees annoying and would rather speak to a rep, but I (and maybe navigate!) would often rather not. (and can dial 0 when we do want to)

I prefer email aswell. I hate my voice so really don't like talking on the telephone as I know I sound terrible to the person who is unfortunate enough to answer. I've seen on many surveys though that people are most irritated with having to speak with a machine and prefer to speak with a person. We must be the minority. The only machine that I hate is General Electric's. I once couldn't pay a bill because it was below $1 and I had to press 0 forever to get it to transfer me. I don't contact customer service much at all. For some cards I've never contacted them.

Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.