cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase Sapphire Preferred - Do I stand a chance?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Chase Sapphire Preferred - Do I stand a chance?

So I called  - they said my credit was excellent but denied me on the basis of income. Can't say I'm surprised by that. However, she mentioned something about support from parents, which I do receive a lot of. Had I worded it differently it probably would've tipped me over the fence, at least that's what it seemed like. In the end, she actually encouraged me to call back for a recon.

Message 21 of 24
-NewGuy-
Moderator Emeritus

Then do so. Talk to another recon analyst and use the income that the last person told you to use. Don't quote me, but I think Chase allows you to use any income which can be used as a basis for repayment of the debt. If your parents give you a certain amount every year...

Message 22 of 24
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

So I called  - they said my credit was excellent but denied me on the basis of income. Can't say I'm surprised by that. However, she mentioned something about support from parents, which I do receive a lot of. Had I worded it differently it probably would've tipped me over the fence, at least that's what it seemed like. In the end, she actually encouraged me to call back for a recon.

CALL BACK.

say you didn't realize what income you were suppose to report on the application and you would like to update that... LESS IS MORE when it comes to wording and explaining, just give the numbers and chase I KNOW asks if your over 21 and rely on others to pay you may use that income or something like that.

Message 23 of 24
-NewGuy-
Moderator Emeritus

@Creditaddict wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

CALL BACK.

say you didn't realize what income you were suppose to report on the application and you would like to update that... LESS IS MORE when it comes to wording and explaining, just give the numbers and chase I KNOW asks if your over 21 and rely on others to pay you may use that income or something like that.

Indeed. Call back. Just know what you are going to say to that question before you call and you'll be fine.

Message 24 of 24
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.