Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase Sapphire Preferred...Finger on The Trigger

tag
ElMayimbe
Contributor

Chase Sapphire Preferred...Finger on The Trigger

Community advice needed. I'm interested in the Sapphire Pref. Card but I'm not certain I'd be approved. I'm looking to hear from those who have applied and either have been approved or declined, can you guys provide the details of your approval? Fico score at time of app, Baddies, CL, AAoA. I've been to whogavemecredit but it's still tough to gauge this card.

BofA Amex $7500| Discover IT- $10K| Chase Sapphire Preferred $10k | Cap One $2000| Citi Hilton Reserve $10k
Message 1 of 19
18 REPLIES 18
mxp114
Valued Contributor

Re: Chase Sapphire Preferred...Finger on The Trigger

Min CL is $5000, based on your sig I think = instant decline.

Message 2 of 19
LS2982
Mega Contributor

Can you fill us in on what your credit profile looks like?

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 3 of 19
ElMayimbe
Contributor

Have two 30 day lates from 3 years ago other than that no other baddies. AAoA 2.5 years, auto lease 17K 6 months old, income $70k total household $110k,...

BofA Amex $7500| Discover IT- $10K| Chase Sapphire Preferred $10k | Cap One $2000| Citi Hilton Reserve $10k
Message 4 of 19
LS2982
Mega Contributor

What are your current credit lines?

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 5 of 19
adavis425
Established Contributor

I got CSP about 4 months ago. No lates, no baddies of any sort. CS in the 740s. AAoA 4.7. I do know that they look for experience with higher CLs. HTH. Smiley Happy

AmEx Platinum | AmEx BCP | AmEx Delta Gold | CSP | Chase Freedom | NFCU cashRewards Visa Sig | NFCU Plat MC | WM MC | Discover it | JCP

Message 6 of 19
amercnchopz34
Established Contributor

@LS2982 wrote:
What are your current credit lines?

LS ...looks like they are in siggy

Message 7 of 19
ElMayimbe
Contributor

I haven't carried a balance in over a year. But my baddies concern me as well as not showing a CL of $5k. I'v heard income weighs heavily on this card?

Message 8 of 19
jsucool76
Super Contributor

The card starts at 5k, and from what I've heard chase doesn't like to be the first one to push the boundary when it comes to CLs, they'd rather someone else have taken the risk and then be there to be like "well we can match that." 

Message 9 of 19
bichonmom
Senior Contributor

@jsucool76 wrote:

The card starts at 5k, and from what I've heard chase doesn't like to be the first one to push the boundary when it comes to CLs, they'd rather someone else have taken the risk and then be there to be like "well we can match that." 

+1 They wouldn't budge on a $3k CL on Freedom in April when my highest CL was $2500. My EQ FICO (which they pulled) at the time was 759 per SW. And I had no baddies and very low util.

I've also read that CSP is harder to get than Freedom. Based on your FICO and CR, I doubt you'd be approved.

EQ FICO 750 | TU FICO 761 (Walmart) | EX FAKO 767 | Goal: 800+

Edits, funky spacing and spelling due to my iPad not getting along with the forum editor!

Message 10 of 19
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.