Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase Sapphire Preferred - PC

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Chase Sapphire Preferred - PC

Just thought I'd post this if someone might be interested. Good data point and still shows the method to PC the CSP to FU still works for those who have had the card for less than a year. My goal was the FU from the beginning. I was at 4/24 and used the 5th one on the CSP to get the 50K points. I've only had the CSP for a little over two months. My second statement cut last night. The next morning, I sent Chase a SM asking to downgrade to the no annual fee Chase Sapphire. Once my account reflected the change, I immediately sent another SM to chase requesting a PC to the Freedom Unlimited. So I got two PCs in one day! Smiley Happy
Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Chase Sapphire Preferred - PC

@Anonymous wrote:
Just thought I'd post this if someone might be interested. Good data point and still shows the method to PC the CSP to FU still works for those who have had the card for less than a year. My goal was the FU from the beginning. I was at 4/24 and used the 5th one on the CSP to get the 50K points. I've only had the CSP for a little over two months. My second statement cut last night. The next morning, I sent Chase a SM asking to downgrade to the no annual fee Chase Sapphire. Once my account reflected the change, I immediately sent another SM to chase requesting a PC to the Freedom Unlimited. So I got two PCs in one day! Smiley Happy

You couldnt PC from the CSP to FU directly and you had to go to the no AF Chase sapphire first before being eligible to PC to the FU? I didnt know that. Regardless, congrats on the product change. I've gone through a couple of PC between Chase cards too, you gotta love the fact they are so fast and simple with it! They also send a letter out about how theyre more than welcome to change cards to accomdate to your current lifestyle etc. I Love Chase for being so simple!

Message 2 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

You couldnt PC from the CSP to FU directly and you had to go to the no AF Chase sapphire first before being eligible to PC to the FU? I didnt know that. Regardless, congrats on the product change. I've gone through a couple of PC between Chase cards too, you gotta love the fact they are so fast and simple with it! They also send a letter out about how theyre more than welcome to change cards to accomdate to your current lifestyle etc. I Love Chase for being so simple!

Yea, after doing some reading through various forums on the web, a lot of the folks who have had the CSP for less than a year couldn't PC to the FU. They said only the regular Chase Sapphire is available. So a way around it was to PC to CP and then the Freedom and FU would come up for a PC. I just played it safe and went the CSP-CP-FU route. Thanks!

Message 3 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

@OP How long between calls? You called about the CS and t...

@OP

How long between calls? You called about the CS and then waited how long before you PC'd to the FU? a few days, or weeks? Or just a few hours? 

Message 4 of 8
Cstl05
Contributor

Very nice I will have to try this.  I've had the CSP for about 4 months and tried doing a PC to the FU and was denied due to being less than a year, so I will try the Sapphire to CFU.

Chase Sapphire Reserve/Chase Sapphire Preferred/Ritz Carlton/Chase Freedom/Amex Blue Cash/Discover IT/Capital One Quicksilver/Bank of America Cash Rewards/Citi Costco/Citi Double Cash/Barclay Apple Rewards
Message 5 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Another DP:

I've had my Sapphire Preferred for about 9 months.  I saw this post and thought I'd try it.  Yesterday, I PC'd my CSP to a regular Sapphire through secure message.  Today, I  used secure message to PC the regular Sapphire to be a Freedom Unlimited.  Got a message back that it was changed over and that I would receive my new card in 7 to 10 business days.

Now i've got the CFU, Freedom, and CSR.  Good to go!

Message 6 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

If I were to do that would I be able to pc FU to regular freedom?
Message 7 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: @OP How long between calls? You called about the CS and t...

The funny thing is that I ask for product change from my CSP to CF. But they sent me CF regular platinum card instead of signature one even I have 5K CL on this card. So I asked them to do another pc from platinum visa to signature visa.

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.