cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase Sapphire Preferred - Recon Imminent: UPDATED - APPROVED 7/7!

tag
-Cal-
Valued Contributor

Chase Sapphire Preferred - Recon Imminent: UPDATED - APPROVED 7/7!

I attempted to add the CSP to my app spree. After applying online, I received the 7-10 message. I called and learned that I made a typo on my income. The rep went over my app and said that I was now approved and then puts me on hold. The rep returns and then tells me they cannot give me a CSP because I was just approved for the Freedom within the past 30 days. They recommended that I call back in 2 weeks to ask for another recon. I wonder if I would have been auto-approved if I didn't make the silly typo. I suppose I'll wait and will keep you guys posted. I went on a pretty hefty app spree this month and outside of this was 100% successful including an auto loan. It looks like the CSP is the last card I want. Now I'm hoping I can stay in the garden... unless they make me to reapply in 6 months!

UPDATE - 7/7/2014

Approved @ $5k

Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11
jd352
Regular Contributor

Re: Chase Sapphire Preferred - Recon Imminent

@McMarshall wrote:

I attempted to add the CSP to my app spree. After applying online, I received the 7-10 message. I called and learned that I made a typo on my income. The rep went over my app and said that I was now approved and then puts me on hold. The rep returns and then tells me they cannot give me a CSP because I was just approved for the Freedom within the past 30 days. They recommended that I call back in 2 weeks to ask for another recon. I wonder if I would have been auto-approved if I didn't make the silly typo. I suppose I'll wait and will keep you guys posted. I went on a pretty hefty app spree this month and outside of this was 100% successful including an auto loan. It looks like the CSP is the last card I want. Now I'm hoping I can stay in the garden... unless they make me to reapply in 6 months!

Edit: Apologies mods, this topic is probably better assigned to the "Credit Cards" category but I cannot move or delete this thread. 

This doesn't make sense to me as I don't understand what waiting 2 weeks has to do with being approved for another card within 30 days. People apply for both cards on the same day, and get approved for both on the same day, often. I would really just call back and try again.

NPSL............... $20,700........... $15,200.......... $5,000............ $15,000............ $20,000
Current Scores: Equifax: 761 (Fico) TransUnion: 751 (Fico) Experian: 768 (Fico)
Message 2 of 12
takeshi74
Senior Contributor

While the Freedom app was in the "past 30 days" window it could have been at a point in that window where 2 more weeks would push it out of the 30 day window.  OP would have to verify.  AFAIK there isn't a 30 day policy with Chase (I was instantly approved for 2 cards within a day of each other) and this may be specific to the OP's credit profile.

Message 3 of 12
Brewer
Established Member

FWIW, I was told the same thing by Chase this week.

I first applied for the Chase Amazon Visa, then the Freedom card the following day.  I was instantaly approved for the Amazon card, but got the wait for response in the mail on the Freedom.

I had a plesant conversation with a lady to recon the decision on the Freedom card.  It seemed to be going well, but then she said she could not approve the card since I had already opened a new card account in the last 30 days.  I offered to move credit from the existing accounts, but that wouldn't work either.  I called back to the recon line, and this time the guy was quite annoyed I was bothering him by calling again.

Maybe this is a new policy?  Or maybe there is an exception is both cards are applied for at the same time? 

Message 4 of 12
CWL
Established Member

WOW! Same thing happened to me- but in reverse this week

I was instant approved for CSP on Sat night but was reminded about the freedom here on Monday. I put in for it and also got the 7-10 screen.

Thought it was strange getting the CSP and denied the freedom. I just figured that I would call for recon once I received denial letter.

Interesting.........................

"http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/image/serverpage/image-id/2760iB9166C1A493A3CBC" border="0"
Starting FICO (EQ) (1/7/13) - 567 6/11/14 - 670 = Goal - 750
Cap 1 QS1 $2300 I AMEX PRG NPSL I Marriott Prem rewards $5K I AMEX Everyday Pref $1K I CSP $5K
NO DEBT / 8% UTILIZATION
Message 5 of 12
facutardeat
New Contributor

Strange - I was instant-approved for the Freedom then instant-approved for the CSP 5 mins later.

As of 5/23/14, via myFICO EQ 779 | TU 762 | EX 795

As of 5/22/14 Credit Sesame 746 | Credit Karma 754

AmEx EveryDay Preferred $2,000 | Chase Sapphire Preferred $11,000 | Chase Freedom $8,000 | BankAmericard Cash Rewards Platinum Plus $5,200
Message 6 of 12
-Cal-
Valued Contributor

I forgot to mention that they did offer me the option of closing the Freedom and transferring it to a CSP. I might do that when I call back. 

Message 7 of 12
-Cal-
Valued Contributor

@facutardeat wrote:

Strange - I was instant-approved for the Freedom then instant-approved for the CSP 5 mins later.

I think I would have been an instant approval if I didn't leave out a zero in my income. 

Message 8 of 12
facutardeat
New Contributor

@McMarshall wrote:

@facutardeat wrote:

I think I would have been an instant approval if I didn't leave out a zero in my income. 

That's really frustrating Smiley Sad  I hope it works out for you!

As of 5/23/14, via myFICO EQ 779 | TU 762 | EX 795

As of 5/22/14 Credit Sesame 746 | Credit Karma 754

AmEx EveryDay Preferred $2,000 | Chase Sapphire Preferred $11,000 | Chase Freedom $8,000 | BankAmericard Cash Rewards Platinum Plus $5,200
Message 9 of 12
parakleet
Valued Contributor

That's strange. I was approved for three chase cards (CSP, Freedom, and Slate) on the same day. But that was about a year ago so I wonder if this is a new thing.

Gardening since 7/16/14
Current: EQ 711 7/13/14; EX 724 TU 721 6/19/14
Goal: 760+
Message 10 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.