Established Member

Chase Sapphire Preferred Rewards Questions

I am just wondering, how long after you spend the $3000 do you get those 40,000 points?

Also, I saw a promo on the CSP website for 2 nights stay in mexico ina resort for 2 for 40,000. Is it a good deal?

I guess what I am tryingto find out is how to maximize on the rewards, towards a deal like this, make your own reservation and redeem the points, book thorugh chase, ultimate rewards website etc.

Frequent Contributor

Re: Chase Sapphire Preferred Rewards Questions

After I spent $3,000, I received my points immediately after my next statement printed. When you book via Ultimate Rewards, your points are worth more, I think 25% more versus using a different website. Use the link below to learn more about the Ultimate Rewards program.

https://www.chase.com/ccp/index.jsp?pg_name=ccpmapp/shared/marketing/page/chaseloyalty&redirect=fals...

Valued Contributor

Look for ways to spend that 3k that could allow you to sell w/e it is you buy at a profit or minimal loss.

or even buy gas cards at a discount, when you would have paid full price for future gas expenses, etc.

Oh the days of the us mint and milage card churn, right boys? :smileyvery-happy:

5/2012: 560 credit scores across the board and $500 secured CC
12/2014: 750+ scores across the board and $80k in revolving credit

Get those baddies removed!!!
Established Member

Do you guys know how long before can get a credit line increase. Is it a hrad or a soft pull. How many of you have succeeded. Has any of you with initial CL of $6000 asked for an increase if so how much did it go upto. Did you use phone or online to make the request.

Valued Contributor

tin369 wrote:

Do you guys know how long before can get a credit line increase. Is it a hrad or a soft pull. How many of you have succeeded. Has any of you with initial CL of $6000 asked for an increase if so how much did it go upto. Did you use phone or online to make the request.

A CLI request will always result in a hard pull from Chase. They have given SP auto CLIs lately, but it looks like it was primarily for those who were using the card heavily and PIF. I got an auto CLI on my Chase United card after 3 months with a SP. While it wasn't the CSP, I'm 99% sure it's because I'd been using my united card much more heavily. If I used my CSP in the same way, that would have likely received an auto CLI too.
FICOs: EX: 826, EQ: 817, TU: 810
Bank of America Privileges with Travel Rewards Visa Signature - $23,200 CL
Chase Sapphire Preferred Visa Signature - $12,700 CL
Chase United MileagePlus Club World Elite MasterCard - $26,500 CL
Citibank American Airlines Executive World Elite MasterCard - $22,500 CL
J.P. Morgan Ritz Carlton Visa Signature - $23,500 CL
Established Contributor

PrettyNPink wrote:

After I spent $3,000, I received my points immediately after my next statement printed. When you book via Ultimate Rewards, your points are worth more, I think 25% more versus using a different website. Use the link below to learn more about the Ultimate Rewards program.

https://www.chase.com/ccp/index.jsp?pg_name=ccpmapp/shared/marketing/page/chaseloyalty&redirect=fals...

+1

TU FICO: 772 (Discover) • Exp FICO: 772 (Citi)

Amex BCP $13K | Amex Costco TE $10.4K | Amex SPG $10.1K | Chase Freedom Visa Signature $15K | Chase Sapphire Preferred Visa Signature $15K | Chase Ink Plus World Elite MC $5K | Citi TY Preferred World MC $10.1K | Citi Forward $10K | Discover IT $9K | JP Morgan Chase Select Visa Signature $9.2K | NFCU Flagship Visa Signature $25K | NFCU LOC $15K | NFL Visa Signature (Saints) $8.1K | USAA Amex $10K | USAA World MC $9K

Copyright ©2001-2015 Fair Isaac Corporation. All rights reserved.   | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Sitemap

IMPORTANT INFORMATION: All FICO® Score products made available on myFICO.com include a FICO® Score 8, along with additional FICO® Score versions based on Experian or Equifax data (additional FICO® Score versions based on TransUnion data are not currently available on myFICO.com). Your lender or insurer may use a different FICO® Score than the versions you receive from myFICO, or another type of credit score altogether. Learn more

FICO, myFICO, Score Watch, The score lenders use, and The Score That Matters are trademarks or registered trademarks of Fair Isaac Corporation. Equifax Credit Report is a trademark of Equifax, Inc. and its affiliated companies. Many factors affect your FICO Score and the interest rates you may receive. Fair Isaac is not a credit repair organization as defined under federal or state law, including the Credit Repair Organizations Act. Fair Isaac does not provide "credit repair" services or advice or assistance regarding "rebuilding" or "improving" your credit record, credit history or credit rating. FTC's website on credit.