cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase Sapphire Preferred Success!

New Member

Chase Sapphire Preferred Success!

So I applied last Friday and at first got rejected because I had just gotten a credit increase on my Chase Freedom up to $5k. I kept calling and calling and then the representatives insisted that I could not get the card because I had three cards added to my profile this year (2012):  Chase Freedom, Amex Zync, and Amex Gold. I was honestly losing all hopes of getting the CSP card because (1) I am only 19 years old and my credit history is less than 2 years and (2) I've just had an increase on Chase Freedom like 3 weeks prior. However, I kept calling. Finally, while waiting at the train station to head home, I called again and they finally gave it to me! Took me 3 calls! So, anyone who is having the same problem, just keep calling! 

Chase Freedom $5k, Chase Sapphire Preferred
Amex Zync, Amex Gold
Macys $400, L&T $1500, Saks Fifth $1600
8 REPLIES
Frequent Contributor

Re: Chase Sapphire Preferred Success!

Congrats! I'm in the same boat... I'm young & only have 2 years of credit. I was already approved for the Freedom in March... I want to apply for the Sapphire Preffered and the Hyatt... I don't know if I will be approved Smiley Frustrated Congrats again!

Full on Garden Mode (•‿•)
Established Contributor

Re: Chase Sapphire Preferred Success!

Congrats young power!
Fico Scores: . Walmart TU 748 . Garden 8/19 2014 .

Cap One Journey 500 | Discover IT 500 | GE Home Design 5.6k | GE HHGREGG 5k | Amex Zync NPSL | Amex BCE 6k | Citi Forward 4.2k | Citi Dividend 3k | GE BrandsMart 1k | GE Lowes 8.5k | Discover Walmart 7.5k | Barclays Apple 2.5k | BoA CR 2.7k | CSP 7.2k | Platinum Prestige 5k | IT Chrome 4k | Slate 2.3k |
Valued Contributor

Re: Chase Sapphire Preferred Success!

Im soo jelly! Lol i called 4 times and nothing but then again at the time i had 11 new accounts open whitin that month....
Amex BCE (2500) / Amex SPG (4000) / Amex GoldPR / Merrill+ Visa siggy (5000) / BofA Amex (6000) / Bofa cash rewards (5000) / BofA Privileges Cash Rewards (5000) / Citi Forward (4400) / Citi DP (2000) / Chase Freedom (4000) / Chase CSP (5000) / Chase Hyatt (5000) / Discover IT (1700) / FNBO AMEX (3600) / NFCU cashRewards Visa signature (15000) / NFCU Flagship Visa signature (12500) / NFCU Navcheck (5000) / Nordstrom (500) / MetroCU Visa Elite (5000) / Walmart (4500) / Kays Jewerels (6600) / Kohls (300) / Macys Platinum (2500) / DCU platinum Visa (17500) / Citizens bank cash back (1100) / Bill Me Later (1631) / PayPal Smart connect (2200) / BestBuy store card (2000)
Mega Contributor

Re: Chase Sapphire Preferred Success!


LSP10is wrote:

So I applied last Friday and at first got rejected because I had just gotten a credit increase on my Chase Freedom up to $5k. I kept calling and calling and then the representatives insisted that I could not get the card because I had three cards added to my profile this year (2012):  Chase Freedom, Amex Zync, and Amex Gold. I was honestly losing all hopes of getting the CSP card because (1) I am only 19 years old and my credit history is less than 2 years and (2) I've just had an increase on Chase Freedom like 3 weeks prior. However, I kept calling. Finally, while waiting at the train station to head home, I called again and they finally gave it to me! Took me 3 calls! So, anyone who is having the same problem, just keep calling! 


CONGRATS!!!!

 

Persistance pays off!!!

 




EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Mega Contributor

Re: Chase Sapphire Preferred Success!


jsickz32 wrote:
Im soo jelly! Lol i called 4 times and nothing but then again at the time i had 11 new accounts open whitin that month....

I would have declined you and called you back 5 minutes later and reminded you I declined you Smiley Very Happy

 




EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Valued Contributor

Re: Chase Sapphire Preferred Success!

@LS2982 lol
Amex BCE (2500) / Amex SPG (4000) / Amex GoldPR / Merrill+ Visa siggy (5000) / BofA Amex (6000) / Bofa cash rewards (5000) / BofA Privileges Cash Rewards (5000) / Citi Forward (4400) / Citi DP (2000) / Chase Freedom (4000) / Chase CSP (5000) / Chase Hyatt (5000) / Discover IT (1700) / FNBO AMEX (3600) / NFCU cashRewards Visa signature (15000) / NFCU Flagship Visa signature (12500) / NFCU Navcheck (5000) / Nordstrom (500) / MetroCU Visa Elite (5000) / Walmart (4500) / Kays Jewerels (6600) / Kohls (300) / Macys Platinum (2500) / DCU platinum Visa (17500) / Citizens bank cash back (1100) / Bill Me Later (1631) / PayPal Smart connect (2200) / BestBuy store card (2000)
Established Contributor

Re: Chase Sapphire Preferred Success!


LS2982 wrote:

jsickz32 wrote:
Im soo jelly! Lol i called 4 times and nothing but then again at the time i had 11 new accounts open whitin that month....

I would have declined you and called you back 5 minutes later and reminded you I declined you :smileyvery-happy:

 


HahahahaSmiley Very Happy now thats funny!



Starting Score: EQ 609, EX 633(Fako), TU 700
Current Score: EQ 699, EX 758, TU 733
Goal Score: 720 across the board
Garden Club Member-GC Challenge: App free since 10/31/12 Smiley Wink
Regular Contributor

Re: Chase Sapphire Preferred Success!

CSP is the only other card i want! maybe when i 3x CLI on my BCE ill apply for the CSP

EQ FICO - 725 (9/11/13) TU FICO - 724 (6/27/13) EX FICO (6/30/13) 755 AMEX
Im my wallet - Cap1 Platinum MC(2000) Chase Freedom(1500) AMEX BCE (7000) Discover IT (8000) CSP (15000) Cal Coast CU (8000)