Did you mean: 

Chase Sapphire Preferred & Amex Everyday Preferred Combo

tag
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

Re: Chase Sapphire Preferred & Amex Everyday Preferred Combo

@mongstradamus wrote:

Nixon wrote
I may be doing the CSP+EDP Combo myself soon.

Anyone know if you can have the ED and EDP at the same time?

I would assume shouldn't be an problem , but not 100% sure on that. Waiting for my freedom to post zero util , so i can go ahead and app for EDP with no issues. 

Right, don't know if it really generalizes, but you can have an BCP and BCE, but not two BCP or two BCE.

But in the case of the EDP/ED, not sure it makes sense.  To get reasonable value from ED, you would have to put the 20 swipes a month, earning 1.2 MR, whereas if you put them on EDP you would get 1.5.  So yes, you get a bigger grocery cap than EDP alone, but have to see if that is worthwhile.

Message 11 of 26
Anonymous
Not applicable

@longtimelurker wrote:

@mongstradamus wrote:

Nixon wrote

I would assume shouldn't be an problem , but not 100% sure on that. Waiting for my freedom to post zero util , so i can go ahead and app for EDP with no issues. 

Right, don't know if it really generalizes, but you can have an BCP and BCE, but not two BCP or two BCE.

But in the case of the EDP/ED, not sure it makes sense.  To get reasonable value from ED, you would have to put the 20 swipes a month, earning 1.2 MR, whereas if you put them on EDP you would get 1.5.  So yes, you get a bigger grocery cap than EDP alone, but have to see if that is worthwhile.

Well. It wouldn't make any sense for me to close my ED.

And i'd be applying for the EDP for the bonus and then keeping it for the 150% after 30 swipes.

Message 12 of 26
OHWWCB
Regular Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Anyone use this combo?

Seems like if used correctly, it could be pretty rewarding. 

Why is this a good combo? I have a CSP and I'm looking to add a 2nd AMEX in January when I can take advantage of backdating. 

Hilton Honors $15,000 | AMEX Green | Chase Sapphire Preferred $9000 | Discover IT $6600 | Marriott Premiere Rewards $5000 | Chase Freedom $5500 | Barclaycard Visa with Apple Rewards $2000 | CapitalOne Quicksilver One $2000 | US Airways Dividend Miles $2400
Message 13 of 26
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@longtimelurker wrote:

@mongstradamus wrote:

Nixon wrote

And i'd be applying for the EDP for the bonus and then keeping it for the 150% after 30 swipes.

Oh sorry, wasn't thinking of it from that situation,  Yes, if you have the ED, may as well keep it if you can also get the EDP.

Message 14 of 26
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

@OHWWCB wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Anyone use this combo?

Seems like if used correctly, it could be pretty rewarding. 

Why is this a good combo? I have a CSP and I'm looking to add a 2nd AMEX in January when I can take advantage of backdating. 

It's not a "combo" in the sense that say Freedom/CSP is, ie cards that work together.   This is just a way of having a small number of cards (2 or 3 including Freedom) to handle all purchases, while still getting valuable rewards in two programs.  The major bonus categories don't overlap

Message 15 of 26
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yeah, I thought the combo would be pretty worthwhile if your spending profile can justify it.

MR and UR can be valuable in this aspect. Smiley Happy

Message 16 of 26
sccredit
Valued Contributor

I use CSP and BCP

Message 17 of 26
Anonymous
Not applicable

@longtimelurker wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@longtimelurker wrote:

@mongstradamus wrote:

Nixon wrote

Oh sorry, wasn't thinking of it from that situation,  Yes, if you have the ED, may as well keep it if you can also get the EDP.

My thinking exactly. So on top of getting some bonus MR's, i can get some extra backdating to beef up my AAoA.

Message 18 of 26
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@longtimelurker wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@longtimelurker wrote:

@mongstradamus wrote:

Nixon wrote

My thinking exactly. So on top of getting some bonus MR's, i can get some extra backdating to beef up my AAoA.

Smart move, Nixon.

I  agree with that completely. 

Message 19 of 26
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
Smart move, Nixon.

I  agree with that completely. 

Why thank you!

I need some extra AAoA after the beating i'm gonna take from getting the Discover It, CSP, and SWA Premier in the same month.

Message 20 of 26
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.