Chase Sapphire Preferred...app or no

tag
adavis425
Established Contributor

Re: Chase Sapphire Preferred...app or no

@Open123 wrote:

@adavis425 wrote:

@Open123 wrote:

For borderline approvals, I'm from the school of thought where it's better to app, recon, and be denied; rather than wondering "what if" I would have qualified.

+1

Absolutely! AND if this is THE card that you want, what's one inq? At least you'll know where you stand and what to work on. IMO.

I don't mind inquiries all that much.  To me, they're like battle scars.  Without them, you'll never win any major battles.

Then what are you waiting for? Smiley Indifferent

AmEx Platinum | AmEx BCP | AmEx Delta Gold | CSP | Chase Freedom | NFCU cashRewards Visa Sig | NFCU Plat MC | WM MC | Discover it | JCP

Message 21 of 37
Open123
Super Contributor

@Jayb5635 wrote:
Lol even with the 3 inquiries from August I'm not deterred. I guess it's just paranoia on my end. I'm already mentally preparing myself for the recon call. Mind you, I think my score is good enough, as well as my salary. I make 55k/yr

3 isn't much at all.  If I were you, I'd app and recon if no instantly approved.  Even if denied, ask the underwriter for "tips" on how to get approved for the next time.  Much better than doing nothing from being overly cautious waiting for the elusive "perfect" time.

Good plan implemented with vigor now is better than a perfect plan 30 minutes later.

Message 22 of 37
Open123
Super Contributor

@adavis425 wrote:

@Open123 wrote:

@adavis425 wrote:

@Open123 wrote:

For borderline approvals, I'm from the school of thought where it's better to app, recon, and be denied; rather than wondering "what if" I would have qualified.

+1

Absolutely! AND if this is THE card that you want, what's one inq? At least you'll know where you stand and what to work on. IMO.

I don't mind inquiries all that much.  To me, they're like battle scars.  Without them, you'll never win any major battles.

The advice was meant for the OP.

Message 23 of 37
adavis425
Established Contributor

@Open123 wrote:

@adavis425 wrote:

@Open123 wrote:

@adavis425 wrote:

@Open123 wrote:

+1

The advice was meant for the OP.

Oh, sorry. I thought you were OP, didn't stop to look. Doing too many things at once, I guess.

AmEx Platinum | AmEx BCP | AmEx Delta Gold | CSP | Chase Freedom | NFCU cashRewards Visa Sig | NFCU Plat MC | WM MC | Discover it | JCP

Message 24 of 37
adavis425
Established Contributor

Jayb, go for it and be done already. Good luck. Keep us posted. Smiley Tongue

Message 25 of 37
Jayb5635
Established Contributor

Lol alright I'll report back soon guys, hopefully with good news

In my wallet: Amex Platinum NPSL, Amex Everyday Preferred $15,000, Amex Starwood $10,000, Chase Freedom Visa Signature $10,000, Chase Sapphire Preferred Visa Signature $15,000, Chase Ink Plus Visa Signature $5000 Barclaycard Arrival Plus MasterCard World Elite $10,000, Cap One Quicksilver MasterCard $6000, Citi Prestige World Elite MasterCard $10,000, Citi Forward Visa $6900, Citi Premier World Elite MasterCard $5,800, Discover IT $8500
Message 26 of 37
Shogun
Moderator Emeritus

@Duncanrr wrote:

Drapp it like you want it....DRAPP IT!

Oh my.   Time for an intervention?   LOL

Starting Score: 504
July 2013 score:
EQ FICO 819, TU08 778, EX "806 lender pull 07/26/2013
Goal Score: All Scores 760+, Newest goal 800+
Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Current scores after adding $81K in CLs and 2 new cars since July 2013
EQ:809 TU 777 EX 790 Now it's just garden time!

June 2017 update: All scores over 820, just pure gardening now.
Message 27 of 37
Duncanrr
Valued Contributor

Mayhaps Smiley Wink

Starting Score: EQ 551 TU 548 CK 607on 6/8/12, EX 542(AMEX pull 3/4/12)
Current Score: EQ 808 TU --- EX --- CK 804(FAKO-EX 821, EQ 823, TU 803)
Goal Score: 750

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 28 of 37
Jayb5635
Established Contributor

Guys, I applied for the sapphire preferred last night. It was decision pending, so I just called this morning, gentleman asked me a few questions, and BAM approved with 5k limit !!!

In my wallet: Amex Platinum NPSL, Amex Everyday Preferred $15,000, Amex Starwood $10,000, Chase Freedom Visa Signature $10,000, Chase Sapphire Preferred Visa Signature $15,000, Chase Ink Plus Visa Signature $5000 Barclaycard Arrival Plus MasterCard World Elite $10,000, Cap One Quicksilver MasterCard $6000, Citi Prestige World Elite MasterCard $10,000, Citi Forward Visa $6900, Citi Premier World Elite MasterCard $5,800, Discover IT $8500
Message 29 of 37
Duncanrr
Valued Contributor

GRATS!!! What questions did he ask you?

Starting Score: EQ 551 TU 548 CK 607on 6/8/12, EX 542(AMEX pull 3/4/12)
Current Score: EQ 808 TU --- EX --- CK 804(FAKO-EX 821, EQ 823, TU 803)
Goal Score: 750

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 30 of 37
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.