Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase Sapphire Preferred...app or no

tag
Jayb5635
Established Contributor

Re: Chase Sapphire Preferred...app or no

Well the first thing was they tried to pull my experian but it was frozen. I explained because of a freeze I placed on all of them. I told him I couldn't find the pin to unlock it, but that I could unfreeze my equifax since I had that one handy. Said ok that would be fine. Then asked why I wanted the card. I said I planned to travel more, I liked the no foreign transaction fee, and I wanted to stay loyal to chase. He then asked me if a 5k limit would be fine. I didn't want to push my luck so I said yes lol. Said I was approved, and then transferred me to a lady who offered to expedite the card via ups.

In my wallet: Amex Platinum NPSL, Amex Everyday Preferred $15,000, Amex Starwood $10,000, Chase Freedom Visa Signature $10,000, Chase Sapphire Preferred Visa Signature $15,000, Chase Ink Plus Visa Signature $5000 Barclaycard Arrival Plus MasterCard World Elite $10,000, Cap One Quicksilver MasterCard $6000, Citi Prestige World Elite MasterCard $10,000, Citi Forward Visa $6900, Citi Premier World Elite MasterCard $5,800, Discover IT $8500
Message 31 of 37
ryanbush
Valued Contributor

congrats, I got approved on wednesday.... although I had to recon twice to get it done.

Chase Sapphire Perferred | Chase Freedom | AMEX Platinum | AMEX Delta Platinum | AMEX SPG | Capital One Venture | Capital One Quicksliver | Discover IT | ABFCU Visa | Citi AA WEMC
Message 32 of 37
Jayb5635
Established Contributor

Hey man, however many tries it takes to get the job done lol. Congrats to you as well man.

In my wallet: Amex Platinum NPSL, Amex Everyday Preferred $15,000, Amex Starwood $10,000, Chase Freedom Visa Signature $10,000, Chase Sapphire Preferred Visa Signature $15,000, Chase Ink Plus Visa Signature $5000 Barclaycard Arrival Plus MasterCard World Elite $10,000, Cap One Quicksilver MasterCard $6000, Citi Prestige World Elite MasterCard $10,000, Citi Forward Visa $6900, Citi Premier World Elite MasterCard $5,800, Discover IT $8500
Message 33 of 37
ryanbush
Valued Contributor

@Jayb5635 wrote:
Hey man, however many tries it takes to get the job done lol. Congrats to you as well man.

Thanks man, sounds like you could have gotten a higher credit line too.... I plan to use mine for a year and ask to move to 10k

also I applied and had my card in my hand the next day, that's pretty awesome service!

Chase Sapphire Perferred | Chase Freedom | AMEX Platinum | AMEX Delta Platinum | AMEX SPG | Capital One Venture | Capital One Quicksliver | Discover IT | ABFCU Visa | Citi AA WEMC
Message 34 of 37
Jayb5635
Established Contributor

That's awesome bro. Hopefully I'm lucky and I'll have it in hand tomorrow as well. You know what I find funny ??? They won't give me a credit line increase on my freedom which is currently at 1.5k, but they'll approve me for the CSP with a 5k credit line lol.

Message 35 of 37
ryanbush
Valued Contributor

@Jayb5635 wrote:
That's awesome bro. Hopefully I'm lucky and I'll have it in hand tomorrow as well. You know what I find funny ??? They won't give me a credit line increase on my freedom which is currently at 1.5k, but they'll approve me for the CSP with a 5k credit line lol.

Chase can do some weird things like that, I applied for the freedom a couple months ago and must have reconned 3-4 times with no luck...  then apply this week for CSP and bam 5k credit line.

my father has a freedom that has been opened since 2001 with an 18k credit line and they refuse to convert it to a CSP.

Message 36 of 37
Cadillac-XTS
Established Contributor

Congrats

Message 37 of 37
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.