Frequent Contributor
Jayb5635

Re: Chase Sapphire Preferred...app or no

Well the first thing was they tried to pull my experian but it was frozen. I explained because of a freeze I placed on all of them. I told him I couldn't find the pin to unlock it, but that I could unfreeze my equifax since I had that one handy. Said ok that would be fine. Then asked why I wanted the card. I said I planned to travel more, I liked the no foreign transaction fee, and I wanted to stay loyal to chase. He then asked me if a 5k limit would be fine. I didn't want to push my luck so I said yes lol. Said I was approved, and then transferred me to a lady who offered to expedite the card via ups.

In my wallet: Amex Platinum NPSL, Amex Everyday Preferred $2000, Amex Blue Cash Everyday $1000, Chase Freedom $1500, Chase Sapphire Preferred $5000, Barclaycard Arrival $3700, Cap One Quicksilver 2000, Citi Forward 3800, Discover IT 2250
Valued Contributor
ryanbush

congrats, I got approved on wednesday.... although I had to recon twice to get it done.

Chase Sapphire Perferred | Chase Freedom | AMEX Platinum | AMEX Delta Platinum | AMEX SPG | Capital One Venture | Capital One Quicksliver | Discover IT | ABFCU Visa | Citi AA WEMC
Frequent Contributor
Jayb5635

Hey man, however many tries it takes to get the job done lol. Congrats to you as well man.

In my wallet: Amex Platinum NPSL, Amex Everyday Preferred $2000, Amex Blue Cash Everyday $1000, Chase Freedom $1500, Chase Sapphire Preferred $5000, Barclaycard Arrival $3700, Cap One Quicksilver 2000, Citi Forward 3800, Discover IT 2250
Valued Contributor
ryanbush

Jayb5635 wrote:
Hey man, however many tries it takes to get the job done lol. Congrats to you as well man.

Thanks man, sounds like you could have gotten a higher credit line too.... I plan to use mine for a year and ask to move to 10k

also I applied and had my card in my hand the next day, that's pretty awesome service!

Chase Sapphire Perferred | Chase Freedom | AMEX Platinum | AMEX Delta Platinum | AMEX SPG | Capital One Venture | Capital One Quicksliver | Discover IT | ABFCU Visa | Citi AA WEMC
Frequent Contributor
Jayb5635

That's awesome bro. Hopefully I'm lucky and I'll have it in hand tomorrow as well. You know what I find funny ??? They won't give me a credit line increase on my freedom which is currently at 1.5k, but they'll approve me for the CSP with a 5k credit line lol.

Valued Contributor
ryanbush

[ Edited ]

Jayb5635 wrote:
That's awesome bro. Hopefully I'm lucky and I'll have it in hand tomorrow as well. You know what I find funny ??? They won't give me a credit line increase on my freedom which is currently at 1.5k, but they'll approve me for the CSP with a 5k credit line lol.

Chase can do some weird things like that, I applied for the freedom a couple months ago and must have reconned 3-4 times with no luck...  then apply this week for CSP and bam 5k credit line.

my father has a freedom that has been opened since 2001 with an 18k credit line and they refuse to convert it to a CSP.

Established Contributor
Cadillac-XTS

Congrats

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+