Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase Sapphire Preferred...app or no

tag
Jayb5635
Established Contributor

Chase Sapphire Preferred...app or no

Hey guys so here's my question...I've been working steadily 2 repair my credit over the past yr...I had a cap one n household bank card both w/300 cl's...recently closed the hhb card since it carried an AF...last August with my fico scores hovering near 700 I finally decided 2 app 4 some prime cards...got approved 4 the Amex zync(npsl), chase freedom(1500), n barclay rewards mc(1500)...since then I've put the cards thru good use and always PIF...I should also mention I'm an AU on my gf's Amex blue(15k) n prg(npsl)...anyways I've been looking at the csp As the last card I want 2 add 2 my wallet...what do guys think are the odds I get approved ???  Cuz last I checked my score was 716 but I'm still waiting 4 the zero balances 2 report on the zync n freedom since that'll drop my utilization below 10% overall...I also have a couple student loans totaling 2500 that I don't have 2 pay as yet...AAoA is 3 yrs, oldest account opened 11 yrs ago...no other baddies...apologies 4 being so long winded lol

In my wallet: Amex Platinum NPSL, Amex Everyday Preferred $15,000, Amex Starwood $10,000, Chase Freedom Visa Signature $10,000, Chase Sapphire Preferred Visa Signature $15,000, Chase Ink Plus Visa Signature $5000 Barclaycard Arrival Plus MasterCard World Elite $10,000, Cap One Quicksilver MasterCard $6000, Citi Prestige World Elite MasterCard $10,000, Citi Forward Visa $6900, Citi Premier World Elite MasterCard $5,800, Discover IT $8500
Message 1 of 37
36 REPLIES 36
HiLine
Blogger

Re: Chase Sapphire Preferred...app or no

Could you please re-paragraph your post? I'm having trouble following what you posted...

Message 2 of 37
Epcot
Valued Contributor

How many inquiries do you have? Definitely wait until your util goes down by having your new balances report.

Starting Score: EQ 717 EX 724 TU 736
Current Score: EQ 849 EX 835 TU 841
Message 3 of 37
ccnewcc
Established Contributor

I think you might be borderline.  Your scores are "hovering near 700" so depending on what side of 700 they are on, this could make or break you.

For the CSP and the regular CS (no annual fee), you have to be able to qualify or at least a 5k CL.  Being an AU on your GF's 15k card helps, but really i think it still comes back to your scores.  And I think you are too borderline, that is to say, I don't think you would qualify.

But I don't have experince with chase and i don't know what scores they look for.

Message 4 of 37
Open123
Super Contributor

For borderline approvals, I'm from the school of thought where it's better to app, recon, and be denied; rather than wondering "what if" I would have qualified.

Message 5 of 37
nicholasyud
Valued Contributor

CSP required 5k credit line right ???

Starting Score: 560
Current Score: ?
Goal Score: 800
Message 6 of 37
Jayb5635
Established Contributor

sorry about that...currently, I have:

amex zync-NPSL

chase freedom-1500 cl

barclay rewards mc-1500 cl

authorized user on girlfriends:

amex blue-15k cl

amex PRG-NPSL

above cards obtained 8/12

also have a cap one platinum-300 cl

-always PIF

-utilization currently 11%

-fico score 716 last I checked

-AAoA 3 yrs

-no baddies on report

just want to know thoughts on whether I should apply for the sapphire preferred

hope I made it more clear...sorry again, typing on my iPad

In my wallet: Amex Platinum NPSL, Amex Everyday Preferred $15,000, Amex Starwood $10,000, Chase Freedom Visa Signature $10,000, Chase Sapphire Preferred Visa Signature $15,000, Chase Ink Plus Visa Signature $5000 Barclaycard Arrival Plus MasterCard World Elite $10,000, Cap One Quicksilver MasterCard $6000, Citi Prestige World Elite MasterCard $10,000, Citi Forward Visa $6900, Citi Premier World Elite MasterCard $5,800, Discover IT $8500
Message 7 of 37
Jayb5635
Established Contributor

3 inquiries from when I applied 4 these cards back in 8/12

Message 8 of 37
ccnewcc
Established Contributor

@Open123 wrote:

For borderline approvals, I'm from the school of thought where it's better to app, recon, and be denied; rather than wondering "what if" I would have qualified.

lol I agree.  But i don't have the guts to do it lol!

Message 9 of 37
mikka1
Frequent Contributor

@Open123 wrote:

I regret that this is not Facebook and there's no "Like" button below messages as I definitely like this approach and fully support it :-)

In my wallet now: Amex PRG NPSL, Amex BCE $15k $17k (thanks to recent CLI), Chase Freedom 11k, CSP $6k, Chase United ME $5k, Citi Dividend $5.6k, Discover It $4.5k and a handful of other cards...
TU Dec 2013 - 752Sep 2013 - 764 - new all time maximum

Obsolete data aboveCurrent TU - probably around ~810, only using a few Chase & BofA cards now, not applying for much until we buy a house
Message 10 of 37
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.