Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase Sapphire Preferred approved - $10k

tag
ChampagneWishes
Valued Member

Chase Sapphire Preferred approved - $10k

I posted a couple days ago that I just got approved for Citi Forward and was planning on gardening for awhile, but after some thought decided to app for Sapphire Preferred now instead of waiting 6 months - 1 year.

Rationale: First of all, I knew they would pull TU (I'm in NY) and I have *zero* inquiries on TU, so it wouldn't hurt in that respect.  The 50k bonus point offer was very tempting, and the point system overall will serve me well, given that most of my extra cash is spent on dining and travel.  The only reason to NOT apply right away would be conventional wisdom to space out applications.  However, I'm not shopping for a mortage or an auto loan anytime within the next couple of years.  So for me, it seemed wiser to go ahead and add this card sooner rather than later, take a small hit on AAoA now (2 new accounts added this week), but have more history on those cards 3-4 years from now when I might be mortgage shopping.

So, the deets:

- they pulled TU in NY and my score was 708

- instant approval for $10k "credit access limit"

- AAoA was 4 years (with new accounts, will soon be 3.5)

- 0 inqs

- <1% util ($11 reporting on one line out of $12,500 total revolving credit)

- they matched my highest CL of $10k

It's funny, I've been rebuilding so slowly over the last couple of years that adding two accounts in one week feels downright REBELLIOUS!  Hahaha.  It was the right time, though.  Very satisfied to have these accounts with Citi and Chase (both were instant approvals!), and feeling pleased with my portfolio overall.  Now back to the Garden Club, where I belong. Smiley Happy

Photobucket
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Guava
Established Contributor

Re: Chase Sapphire Preferred approved - $10k

10k credit line with chase, you'd better be satisfied haha, congrats!

Starting Score (08/11/11): TU08: 643
Current Score: TU08: 741
Goal Score: Stay in the 700s; keep reports clean

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 2 of 5
tntexans72
Valued Contributor

Congrats!!

I was approved a couple of months ago for the same card & CL.

Did you get the signup bonus 50,000?

This is my main card and you get 2x pts for dinning too!

Message 3 of 5
ChampagneWishes
Valued Member

Thanks guys!

@silver0187 wrote:

10k credit line with chase, you'd better be satisfied haha, congrats!

I know, right?!  If you told me 2 years ago that I'd have $10k with Chase before I was 30, I'd have laughed in your face!  This forum was a Godsend and helped me figure out how to get there.  With lots of patience, of course. Smiley Happy

@tntexans72 wrote:

Congrats!!

I was approved a couple of months ago for the same card & CL.

Did you get the signup bonus 50,000?

This is my main card and you get 2x pts for dinning too!

Yes, very excited about the bonus!  I'm a part-time MBA student (in addition to a full-time job), so I might use this for a well-deserved spring break trip next year. Smiley Happy  The 2x dining points were a big draw for me, too.  In NYC, the restaurant spend adds up FAST!

Photobucket
Message 4 of 5
mAndrew1980
Established Contributor

Awesome, congrats!! The fact you were in the rebuilding stage gives me hope. Thanks for sharing.

Transunion: 713 FICO (5/13/2014) MyFico
Experian: 789 FICO (4/10/12) Lender Pull
Equifax: 695 FICO (1/10/14) MyFico

My cards: Chase United Mileage Plus 7000CL (3/12), CITI Simplicity 1800CL (9/12), Cap1 Platinum 1000CL (2/10), Cap1 Cash back 1500CL (11/11), Apple Barclay's 2500CL (11/11), Discover IT 6000CL (5/13)

My Primary Financial Goal is to put down my utl%.

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.