Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase Sapphire Preferred approved!

tag
MustangSaluki
Regular Contributor

Chase Sapphire Preferred approved!

Hi everyone

Been reading the forums for a few weeks now. I am excited to get instant approval for the CSP Visa ! I have not applied for any card last 4 years to primarily manage finances better and not rely on too much credit. Last two months, I finally saw my scores jump from low 700s to 800+ in EQ and CreditSesame as baddies fell off. I get my EQ scores from DCU so was fairly certain of the score. Did some homework to see what gets pulled for Texas and it seems Chase pulls EQ, so was mostly confident about getting approved. I did have an hard inquiry last month when I requested a CLI for my DCU Rewards card (also went through to 10k from 3k).

Does anyone know how Chase decides on the CL for new accounts? Should I request a CL before they send the card out? 

I will be apping for maybe a couple more cards in the coming month of two. So far I only have Visa and am looking to diversify to at least one Amex (Plat?) and one  MasterCard World Elite if possible.

Message 1 of 25
24 REPLIES 24
adavis425
Established Contributor

Re: Chase Sapphire Preferred approved!

Congrats, Mustang!! I love my CSP and am sure you will feel the same. 9 times out of 10 I get some comment about it from the person I hand it to. Smiley Tongue

AmEx Platinum | AmEx BCP | AmEx Delta Gold | CSP | Chase Freedom | NFCU cashRewards Visa Sig | NFCU Plat MC | WM MC | Discover it | JCP

Message 2 of 25
MustangSaluki
Regular Contributor

Thanks adavis! You've got me more excited now Smiley Happy 

Message 3 of 25
tinuviel
Moderator Emeritus

Hello, and welcome to the forums! BTW, I love your screen name. Smiley Happy

You mentioned in your post:

"Last two months, I finally saw my scores jump from low 700s to 800+ in EQ and CreditSesame as baddies fell off."

Congratulations on the score jump! It's such a wonderful feeling to watch baddies drop off and scores begin to rise. I just wanted to ask where you got the EQ score? Since you've been reading the forums for the last few weeks, you're probably already aware that sites such as CreditSesame don't sell actual FICO scores. On these forums, we refer to those scores as FAKOs. It's important that you know what your true FICO score is, as FAKOs can be wildly different. I'm only pointing this out so that you do have an accurate picture of where you stand before you apply for anything.

Current Scores: EQ 775 (03/04/2014), EX 756 (03/01/2014), TU 760 (03/01/2014)
Ruby Spade Garden Club Member - Last App: 03/04/2013 - No apps until 2014
Cards: Cap1 Venture 6.4k, Cap1 Quicksilver MC 1.75k, BankAmericard 1-2-3 Visa Signature - UCF Alumni Association 5k, Discover 7k, Citi Diamond Preferred MC 10.35k, Wells Fargo Rewards Visa 7k, Chase Freedom 5k, Chase Ink 7.5k, Amex Green NPSL, Dillard's Amex 7.5k, JC Penney 7.5k, Kay Jeweler's 5.1k
Message 4 of 25
Anonymous
Not applicable

He said his EQ was a FICO from DFCU.
Message 5 of 25
MarineVietVet
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:
He said his EQ was a FICO from DFCU.

This is the same EQ Beacon 5.0 sold here.

Message 6 of 25
MustangSaluki
Regular Contributor

Thanks for the welcome tinuviel! Screen name is related to the two schools I went to Smiley Happy (glad you like it!)

I get my EQ FICOs from DCU which just happens to be my primary bank too. I have been a DCU member since 2007, long before they started giving EQ FICOs for free, which is a very nice perk. My EQ FICO at the time of requesting CLI from DCU rewards card was 802.

I am aware that CreditSesame is a FAKO. But there is a very long thread on creditboards forums where it has been widely established that the margin of error for CreditSesame EX scores is the lowest amongst all other competitors which give EX FAKOs for free. So I decided to sign up couple of days ago and got a score of 812 from the first free pull which surprised me somewhat. The reason is I also got my 3 free credit reports from annualcreditreport.com to see how the actual reports look like. EQ was completely clean, no baddies AAoA = 6 years 9 Months, 1 INQ from a leasing company almost 2 years old and then the most recent DCU for the CLI. Experian on the other hand reports an Citibank credit accont from 2005 as disputed and "Paid, Closed/Charge Off", everything else was same as EQ history except 0 inquiries. 

I am still trying to research cards as I indicated that I prefer a MCWE and maybe an Amex. Hopefully they pull EX or TU.

Message 7 of 25
MustangSaluki
Regular Contributor

ctb and Marine replied while I was typing my response. Thanks guys!

Message 8 of 25
Meltdownblitz
Frequent Contributor

@adavis425 wrote:

Congrats, Mustang!! I love my CSP and am sure you will feel the same. 9 times out of 10 I get some comment about it from the person I hand it to. Smiley Tongue

Haha, agreed. Love mine too! I actually just got it in the mail a few days ago. In 2 out of 4 transactions I've done so far, I've gotten a compliment on it. It is a very nice card though, not to mention the perks and customer service aren't too shabby either. Smiley Happy

Anyway, congrats on the approval, I'm sure you'll love your card once you receieve it.

Barclays Uber - 4% Restaurants, 2% Online Purchases/Everyday Card || PenFed Cash - 5% Gas || Amazon Visa Signature - 5% Amazon || U.S. Bank Cash+ - 5% Utilities, 5% Cable/Internet || AMEX BCP - 6% Groceries || WF Cash - Cell Insurance || Rotating 5% Categories - Chase Freedom, Discover It, Citi Dividend || AMEX Zync - For Fun!

Message 9 of 25
ferrari
Regular Contributor

Congrats on the card. You can call this number "Chase: 800-436-7927 (App status - automated)" and find out your credit limit

Message 10 of 25
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.